• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Nst7 - feat. Death Alex, Leon, Rydle, Greward and many more

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

This event is now a Road to Apex Qualifier. Now this means the top 16 players will get Apex seeding points. This is at the moment the last chance for European players to grab some of trhese points, so keep it in mind! These will be distributed in the following way:

1st – 1024 points
2nd – 512 points
3rd – 128 points
4th – 64 points
5th – 16 points
7th – 8 points
9th – 2 points
13th – 1 point

Check your doubts of any Apex related stuff in their website: http://www.apex-series.com/

Date:
From Friday's afternoon until Sunday's evening. You can sleep in the venue on both Friday and Saturday. Post in this thread/ PM me if you need housing for more days.

Sabadell, Barcelona. Same venue that was used for NST3 and 6. http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5449/cercanias.png Here's a map on how to get to the venue from the train station Sabadell Centre. You can also find a step by step guide on how to get there in this topic http://smashbrosspain.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=230.
The venue is 90% confirmed, will be confirmed this week since it was closed in Augoust.

Schedule, rules and fees:
yet to be confirmed. The confirmeds events at the moment are:
-Brawl singles
-Brawl teams
-Melee singles
-Some sort of crew battle

We plan on adding at least 2 more events based on popular demand. As of right now Project M and Mid tiers for brawl are the most likely. Melee teams will also happen if there is enough demand.

Venue fee: TBA
Entry fee: 5 euros for every event. Side events will be cheaper. Pot will be distributed in this way: 60/30/10/entry fee devolution. If a certain number of entrants is surpassed we may pay top 8.

Smoking is not allowed. Please go outside. The staff has every right to kick someone out without any devolution if they don't show proper manners.

Brawl ruleset:
3 stocks 8 minutes (maybe 10, it's being discussed).
Pools then double elimination bracket.
Items off and set to none.
Pause off.
35 LGL.
Infinites are allowed, but must be ended after 300% to avoid stalling.
It's forbiden to go under the stage twice in a row without touching the main platform or getting damaged.
Friendly fire is on.

Set procedure:
best of 3
blind pick if needed for first match
Striking system with Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island and Final Destination.
After first match winner bans stage, loser choses stage, winner choses character, loser choses character.
Dave stupid rule is on.
There are no extra counterpick stages.

For best of 5 sets. (Winner, Loser, Grand Finals, maybe semis if time allows it):
There are no stage bans.
DSR is on, we are discussing if it will affect the last stage where one won or all stages where one has already won-

Melee ruleset:
4 stocks 8 minutes. Items off and set to none.
Wobbling is banned.
Starter stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, DreamLand 64.
Counterpicks: Kongo Jungle 64, Fountain of Dreams.
Stage strike system with 1 ban per player.
Teams has friendly fire on.

Schedule:

Everything after the first event of each day will try to start earlier than planned. For example if we can start brawl singles bracket at 17:00 we will def. do so. Try to do your shopping/eating in the lunch break. If you don't, at least tell one of the TOs so they know what you are up to and how long will you take.

Friday:
(Venue will be open quite sooner than this to start setting up, anyone who wants to come is free to do so)
17:00: Venue open to public, sign-ups start.
18:00: Brawl Side event (TBA)

Saturday:
11:00: Brawl teams bracket until top 4 teams.
13:00: Lunch break
14:30: Brawl single pools
17:00: Brawl singles bracket until top 8
20:00 Teams and singles finals

We will have a crew battle or two after singles end if there's time to do so / people is not tired. If we the event is running late we will leave it for Sunday.

Sunday:
11:00: Melee Singles (There might be pools depending on attendance).
11:00: Crew battles if they didn't happen. if they did happen, we can have a second side event for brawl.
13:00 lunch break
15:00 Project M singles

Melee doubles will happen on Sunday if there is enough demand.

I'm guessing crews will be on sunday morning, but we'll see there, people may still be hyped from finals or they may be really tired.

Interested/confirmed list:
* = confirmed

Brawl:
Marcbri*
Talvi*
Oveie*
Morgenrote*
Pablo*
Fonso
Kiro*
Phyr
Pelotaz0
El_Pitikla*
Joannett88*
Will
Cp2*
Jpwner*
Hikotsu*
naT*
NeMo*
Miyu*
Redrix*
El_Bardo*
Robo_Luigi*
Slyon
Peak
Madnesspaco
Nau*
SaiX
Piludo
Greward*
Rydle*
Uranus
Borja*
Willy
Lanz
White*
Warro*
Nieto*
Miquel*
Death_Alex*
Raw*
Veyron*
Blaster
Pocafeiner*
Leon*
Neath*
Hoejja*
cÉZz*
Prydeless*
Ice*
Akuma
Quiksilver
Alexjol
LegendLink
Arnold
Trifasia
Renst*
Yami
FotuRAN*
Aleix*
Carlengo
Mr.R
Joseph
Ike de killer*
Alber*
Helmet*
Saturos
Ewil
Raulillo*
Isma*
Leonarth*

44 confirmed so far

Brawl Teams:
Neath + Leon*
White + Joan*
Marc + Pablo*
Grew + Rydle*
Bardo + R_L*
Kiro + Renst*
CeZz+Hoejja*
Ice + Prydeless*
Talvi + Borja*
LegendLink + Carlengo

Melee singles:
Kyo*
Naruto_Naru
SaiX
Cp2
Talvi
Marcbri
Trifasia
Daisuki*
Malmortis*
Peyudosmith*
M.*
Ksta*
LDN
Over
Helmet

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Yep, SRT Ruleset although we are adapting some stuff.

There's no cap of players. NST3 was at this venue and it had 80+ Brawl players and at the same time 60+Melee players (most of them didn't enter brawl) so the venue is quite big.

I'll log into msn tonight.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Nah, that's not the american will xD

Well, with just two Out of country players last one had 53 entrants a month ago (and some local players from here were on vacation lol). The only NST that had real OoC attendance (3, had like 8 frenchies and also Pepito from Sweden) got more than 80 entrants.

I'd expect at least 50 Spanish players for this one, there are some confirmed players that didn't make it to the previous one already so unless there are a lot of flukes I doubt the number goes below that.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
would love you get some American smashers to your tournament, like Ally one time.
and ofc my european friends Leon, Mr.R and so on where you at?

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Marc ? Neath, others players and me are planning to buy our train tickets tommorow and we're wondering how can we go to Sabadell from Barcelona Sants :) thx

:phone:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Good to know!

It's very easy to get to Sabadell centre from Sants, you just need to take a train with direction to either Terrasa or Manresa, in the R4 line. The tickets you need to get there are zone 2, a bit more expensive than regular ones. Although many people just use regular ones some stations will ask for the correct one at the exit and sants is one of those, so I'd suggest getting a zone 2 T-10 (10 tickets in 1) to share among all of you.

Updating stuff soon. So far I can tell we will have a projector. Although we will be capturing the main tv I need to run a test for livestreaming yet, I dunno if the internet will be good enough so I'll try to go check it myself beforehand.

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Thx Marc ! We'll confirm our attendance tomorrow 95% =)
Also, i posted on your Smashbrospain website about NST7, just ignore it now you answered here :]

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
double post inside, cause Neath doesn't have internet for some reasons

well, we found out that bus is 3 times less expensive than train for us from Marseille, so because of the travel time (8hours) we would want to know how the schedule will be run ?
I mean, if you haven't planed anything, what about make the single happen on saturday ?
just wondering =)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Hi, sorry for not answering to this before.

Friday will only have a small side event like low tiers, there are quite some players that have already warned me that they will get here friday night or saturday morning.

Brawl is 99% saturday, both singles and teams. full schedule coming soon.

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Hi, good to know about that, so we (5-6 south frenchies) are waiting the full schedule to buy our tickets since there is 6h between every leave from each city (Barcelona and Marseille). We need to plan our comeback tough
thx for answering otherwise ;)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Here's the tentative schedule, I'll edit it now in the first post.

Everything after the first event of each day will try to start earlier than planned. For example if we can start brawl singles bracket at 17:00 we will def. do so. Try to do your shopping/eating in the lunch break. If you don't, at least tell one of the TOs so they know what you are up to and how long will you take.

Friday:
(Venue will be open quite sooner than this to start setting up, anyone who wants to come is free to do so)
17:00: Venue open to public, sign-ups start.
18:00: Brawl Side event (TBA)

Saturday:
11:00: Brawl teams bracket until top 4 teams.
13:00: Lunch break
14:30: Brawl single pools
17:00: Brawl singles bracket until top 8
20:00 Teams and singles finals

We will have a crew battle or two after singles end if there's time to do so / people is not tired. If we see the event is running late we will leave it for Sunday.

Sunday:
11:00: Melee Singles (There might be pools depending on attendance).
11:00: Crew battles if they didn't happen. if they did happen, we can have a second side event for brawl.
13:00 lunch break
15:00 Project M singles

Melee doubles will happen on Sunday if there is enough demand.

I'm guessing crews will be on sunday morning, but we'll see there, people may still be hyped from finals or they may be really tired.

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Thx marc ! Personally hyped for a lowtier on saturday :p
I tell everything to the other people and I'll tell you what very soon !

L_DeathNote

Smash Cadet
I think im gonna be back from london for those dates maybe i convince some uk smashers to come. Im not 100% sure if i gonna be back but u can i Put me on the list

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Sadly there aren't showers. I heard there was something like a swimming pool nearby though, I'll let you know if I find something.

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Okay Marc, thx !

so far Ice (not the melee Player) and myself are confirmed we bought our travel tickets on Friday afternoon

Neath and others might buy it before the end of the week =)

Hype !

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I'm confirmed, I will arrive at barcelona at like 9pm the friday.

So now I'm looking for a teamate is someone interested ?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Wow, that's nice to hear.

If you aren't teaming with any French player we could team. I don't have a teammate yet for this event :p

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
He has started new studies this week so he hasn't internet yet but he told me he'll purchase his tickets by the end of the week so count him as confirmed =]

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Marc > Neath has purchased his tickets and he's now officially confirmed, plus you can count CeZz+Hoejja, Ice and me, and Leon+Neath for double (in case of you had to think about the number of entrants of the double)

Yami > t'es en Corse maintenant c'est ça ? si t'as besoin d'infos sur comment on y va avec Hugo etc envois moi un MP sur la SA je te dirais tout tu pourrais nous rejoindre à Marseille pour le départ =)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Yes, There will be quite a few setups for brawl on Sunday. Specially if Melee keeps having such a low interest. We have about 20 confirmed TVs and Melee won't need more than 8 (Actually at NST6 there were only 5 Melee setups cause non of the melee players cared to bring their gamecubes/melees, so we had a lot of free tvs).

Top Bottom