• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash 8 "The Wheel of Fate is Turning" Results!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Marvel

1: EMP Jon Slayton ($36.00)
2: TG Conrizzle ($18.00)
3: Raf Bobby Hill ($6.00)
4: Kresent
5: Minor Crisis
5: Shady Penguin
7: Taj
7: Duo
9: Sushi-Man
9: BFP Bobbie Fiasco
9: Azn_Boy
9: DJ
13: Sith Assassin
13: Tal

Persona 4 Arena

1: EMP Jon Slayton ($27.00)
2: Shotty ($13.50)
3: Shady Penguin ($4.50)
4: TKDShawn
5: BFP Brown Koolaid
5: Waldorf
7: BFP Bobbie Fiasco
7: stingers
9: Sith Assassin

Project M

1: Peepee ($45.00)
2: Boss ($22.50)
3: stingers ($7.50)
4: Austin
5: Taheem
5: Karn
7: Waldorf
7: Mahone
9: Archer
9: Iota
9: Juno McGrath
9: Yeroc
13: DANIEL
13: Kill
13: Gofg
13: Nicholarb
17: RaphaelRobo

Melee Doubles

1: NC Catfish ($42.00)
2: The Short Lived Unicorn ($21.00)
3: Dont Think I'm Getting Carried ($7.00)
4: KP + Mahone
5: Skinny Legs Janson & Me
5: The Indians
7: The Bayes Conspiracy

Melee Singles

1: Peepee ($69.00)
2: Mahone ($34.50)
3: Boss ($11.50)
4: Lozr
5: Camrondo
5: Josh
7: KP
7: Mott
9: Gofg
9: SilenceVector
9: Austin
9: Slasher
13: Taheem
13: David
13: Yeroc
13: Karn
17: Daniel
17: Moses
17: RaphaelRobo
17: Fahd
17: FlantasticFlan
17: Nicholarb
17: Justin

Brawl Doubles

1: 20 Black Guys and Waldorf on Piano (stingers + Waldorf) ($60.00)
2: Convenience Store Clerks (Sushi + Shady) ($30.00)
3: The Drunk and the Leper (pp + jd) ($10.00)
4: BlazGreen (Boss + Taj)
5: Minute Maid (Iota + Exdia)
5: Hardees (Scotty + H1N1)
7: No ****s Given (V1CE + Duo)
7: Chill Bologna (Chill + Pooka)
9: Comrade Ery (Tidus + Kazuo)
9: Whatever you want to name us (rPSI + GQ)

Brawl Singles

1: Sushi-Man ($60.00) :snake:
2: Boss ($30.00) :luigi:
3: Iota ($10.00) :warioc:
4: stingers :rob:
5: V1CE :dedede::falco:
5: ScottyOB :warioc:
7: Archer :toonlink:
7: Kill :yoshi2:
9: Waldorf :dk2::warioc:
9: GQ :diddy:
9: Sane :marth:
9: Taj :dedede::sonic:
13: Farm1995 :fox::falco:
13: Uncle :bowser2:
13: Chase :link2:
13: Chill :pikachu2:
17: Tidus :lucario:
17: Pooka :ness2:
17: Caleb :kirby2:
17: Kazuo :random:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
*Facepalm at Exdia teaming with Iota*

Exdia always convinces the youth he's good. I don't understand how LOL.

:018:

archer.

Smash Lord
To Stingers:

1. Stop making bad brackets.
2. Stop sandbagging winners with Pit.
3. Stop losing to Iota.
4. Make the brackets more efficient next time.

chillbologna

Smash Rookie
I guess we entered our info wrong... doubles bracket got messed up, we beat GQ's team then lost to scotty/h1n1. Not like it really matters though :p

Fun matches, glad I made it out to this.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, the doubles bracket is my fault. My computer got turned off near the end of the tourney and I had to remake a lot of the bracket from memory. I'll fix it now.

JD, whats wrong with my brackets =[

and WTF john#s lol do you just have a script that auto posts in every tourney thread for you? they're right there -,-

moTT

Smash Cadet
Shout-outs go to:

Cam's puff for beating me, as well as for getting that phantom rest on Mahone

Josh, good matches, pretty solid play

Foxy, thanks for helping me find my way back home

PP, for stalking my matches

Taheem, for the tight battle MM

Boss, thanks for the praise, and the nice little best of 3 friendly set

Snap, it was nice to see you, if only for what seemed a few minutes

archer.

Smash Lord
There might honestly be something wrong with you Alex if you don't see what's wrong with the Brawl singles bracket, but I'll spell it out for you.

The top 4 seeds were Boss, Sushi (10's), you, and me (9's). Three of those people were all on the same side of the bracket, and you essentially gave Sushi a free ride to Winners Finals while simultaneously making the other side of the bracket a lot harder. I had to play Boss at the same time that Steve had to play Taj. That is a really bad bracket, and that (along with the really bad inefficiency in like everything) is currently making me question whether I want to go to anymore of your events.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Shout outs~

Sushi-Man: I can't believe that I lost to you so badly. Next time I'm gonna take a game off you at least >:/

Boss: GGs Boss...was the closest set yet. I'ma beat you next set >:l

stingers: Nice tourney Stingers! Was nice meeting you and playing you irl.

V1CE: :l

ScottyOB: GGs fun Wario dittos :D.

Archer: Lose to Rob more scrub.

Kill: Nice Yoshi. 2nd match got a lot more annoying when you started GRing me xD

GQ: It sucks you had to play me so early, was really fun playing you though.

Sane: Nice set we had, keep working on that Marth.

Taj: Dedede :(

Exdia: Thanks for basically being my chaperone for the tourney lol. Was fun teaming with you and getting to play all those friendlies.

GGs to everyone I forgot to list. Was nice coming down to NC and stuffz.

*Facepalm at Exdia teaming with Iota*

Exdia always convinces the youth he's good. I don't understand how LOL.

:018:
I don't care if my partners are good or not. I just thought it'd be fun to team with him, which it was.

Dang Iota beat Stingers
Good stuff xD

But Sushi's snake though ? ... :/
Forever bad vs Snake =C

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
There might honestly be something wrong with you Alex if you don't see what's wrong with the Brawl singles bracket, but I'll spell it out for you.

The top 4 seeds were Boss, Sushi (10's), you, and me (9's). Three of those people were all on the same side of the bracket, and you essentially gave Sushi a free ride to Winners Finals while simultaneously making the other side of the bracket a lot harder. I had to play Boss at the same time that Steve had to play Taj. That is a really bad bracket, and that (along with the really bad inefficiency in like everything) is currently making me question whether I want to go to anymore of your events.
That was partly my fault not stingers i asked him to switch me at the last second. Reason being that i didnt want to play my first round to someone i stayed up all night with playing the night before. Blame me not him

archer.

Smash Lord
The thing is, he switched me and Brian. He should have switched Brian with someone who had the same seed as him, not someone with a seed above him. That's what he had always done until now and I'm a bit curious as to why he deviated from that.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i couldnt switch brian and scotty because scotty had already played a round, couldnt switch kill and gq for the same reason. sorry jd

archer.

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to be mean to Jayson or anyone else when I say this, but you can't prioritize one player's wants at the tournament over the experience for everyone else. I get it that it might have sucked for them, but like I said, that kind of messed up the bracket for a lot of other people, and doing things like that is a sign of a bad TO.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
and by a lot of other people, you mean you...right? lol I dont think too many people got hurt by it except you who had to play boss and then me early on. but thats more because of me losing to scotty than anything. but really, you go to tourneys to win. your goal should be to beat everyone in the room, not just people you feel comfortable against.
we all gotta look out for our own. sorry you were hurt by this. I can promise it wont happen again. but if you really wont come to my tourneys anymore, thats your own choice. tho I don't think that'll help anything but your own ego. sans that one thing (and me taking admittedly too long to get doubles up and running) this tourney was pretty much as perfect as it could get. so sorry if that is not up to your standards x.x

Mahone

Smash Champion
you also messed up the melee bracket

i played boss 2nd round and then kp in losers after one round

i believe it is possible to seed losers although its difficult, i would recommend doing so in the future

ggs to everyone

sorry i was in a bad mood stingers, i know we were really late and i can understand why you wouldnt want kp to warmup, but i thought you would be a little more understanding...

if you want to be a strict TO that thats fine and i completely understand it, but then you cant be poorly seeding brackets...

just be consistent with how you act, thats all im asking for

the venue was good and there were enough setups and everything ran smoothly, etc. but i personally dont think im going to be coming to any more since its not worth driving 4 hours to knock out my training partner... it would be one thing if there were upsets, but im assuming ur seeding suggested boss would beat me, lozr would beat kp, and that me and kp would win our first losers matches... i could be wrong since i dont understand everything about brackets, but it just seemed bad to me

Squire Gq

Smash Rookie
and by a lot of other people, you mean you...right? lol I dont think too many people got hurt by it except you who had to play boss and then me early on. but thats more because of me losing to scotty than anything. but really, you go to tourneys to win. your goal should be to beat everyone in the room, not just people you feel comfortable against.
we all gotta look out for our own. sorry you were hurt by this. I can promise it wont happen again. but if you really wont come to my tourneys anymore, thats your own choice. tho I don't think that'll help anything but your own ego. sans that one thing (and me taking admittedly too long to get doubles up and running) this tourney was pretty much as perfect as it could get. so sorry if that is not up to your standards x.x
I disagree with this partly. Though I can completely agree with the mindset that you should try to beat everyone in the room. I feel that you losing to Scott along with the fact that one side of the bracket was really easy in compassion to the other allowed for results to be skewed. If you look at the losers side of the bracket you can tell that the top half was a lot easier in compassion to the bottom half. This is the same thing that archers is appealing for in his case. At the same point of losers bracket we had (Singers, archer Waldorph, and myself) in compassion to ( Zane, taj, Kill, and Iota). Even if you would have beaten Scott that side of the bracket would still look dumb. It was just a dumb bracket. I agree to taking care of our own, and I think you made the right call on helping out kill. But this did not just effect Jd, it hurt everyone in that side of the bracket. It would have hurt you really badly as well if I actually clutched it out against Iota, now wouldn't that look like a dumb bracket. Besides all this lame stuff I had the a ton of fun, and shout-outs coming soon. :)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
and WTF john#s lol do you just have a script that auto posts in every tourney thread for you? they're right there -,-
lmao that'd be a little creeper-tastic, for sure.

But when I made my post, I didn't see any character usage, so idk what happened there...

Edit: Now I know why, I was looking at the P:M Results... >__>;

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
If I had a dollar for every time I've lost a set to a D3 player, I'd probably have enough money to pay for singles at APEX. :smirk:

archer.

Smash Lord
Alex, this isn't the first time it's happened. It happens with a lot of the brackets you get involved in. The seeding and bracket at Press Start was bad, this was dumb, there have been several times where you've at least tried to put most/all of Charlotte near each other (at least one NCSU and the ECU tournament) from what I can remember, and your seeding at the June ReSe would have been horrible if I hadn't been there to correct you on several key things, not to mention other times that I have either forgotten or don't feel like mentioning. Every time I've called you out/told you to stop, you've failed to really correct it. And the fact that the things you do always seem to affect at least me in particular is a bit fishy in my view, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. And don't try to suddenly turn this around on me without a real argument, it just makes you look bad. That mindset comment you made, while true, is completely irrelevant here. And this isn't some giant national where it can be hard to seed or categorize people because you're unfamiliar with them or anything like that. It's a local. If you know anything about your local community (and I'm sure you do by now) then making a good bracket is easy.

You were probably bogged down by running a ton of events at this with not a lot/no real help in terms of TO responsibilities, and during the Brawl/PM time at least (IDK about Melee since I wasn't here at the time) things were being run pretty inefficiently. Do something to lessen your load so you can be a real TO during all of this and still play your own matches, be that lowering the amount of events being run at any given time or delegating some of your TO duties to people you know are capable of handling them, such as making sure matches are getting played. (And FYI, the reason Brawl singles was finishing so late was because you took forever to finally play your matches in Losers. By the time me and you got started, we were literally holding up the entire bracket, all the way up through Grand Finals.)

I think I can honestly say that so far this has been the worst run NCSU tournament, factoring in both efficiency and how well the bracket was made.

So tell me: why should I believe you this time when you say "it won't happen again" when you have failed to do things correctly in the past (except when I'm right there beside you to make sure you don't **** up) no matter how many times I've called you out on it?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Why doenst someone watch Alex do the brackets if you want a more fair bracket you guys can put input in the bracket to make it more balance and fair for all competitors.

Top Bottom