• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's do it/Iku ze! Rallen and Spectrobes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotcakeSyrup

Smash Rookie

General Info
Hi everyone! This is the support thread for Rallen the junior officer of the NPP (Nanairo Planetary Patrol). He debuted in Spectrobes, a little known "Pokemon-esque" game that was bundled with the Nintendo DS Lite back around 2007. His debut received a sequel: Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals (again on the DS) and Spectrobes: Origins on the Wii. So as it stands, he's pretty much exclusively Nintendo (although it's clear Disney owns some rights), and I would personally love to see this guy take on the likes of Mario, Link, and most notably Samus. Now, I'm sure some of are unfamiliar with this guy, so let me share with you my vision of his playstyle. But first, let me introduce his "little friends"

So, what's a Spectrobe?

A Spectrobe, the game's namesake, is a creature of light that populate the Spectrobes Universe. Their origins began in the Nanairo Solar System and were then stretched out among many star systems. They are the only things that can counteract the Krawl. They come in many different Properties, Forms, and sizes. They are contolled by a single Spectrobe Master. Each creature can also be customized with various colors and parts to create many different combinations.(Borrowed from the Spectrobe Wikia)

This is where Rallen would really shine. After receiving Pokemon Trainer(Red) in Brawl, it is believable that anyone else from monster-raising franchises may be uninspired and/or play somewhat similarly. But Rallen wouldn't.

Why?

Well, first, he's not in the background during battle, as a member of the NPP, he's expected to find himself in situations that require him to fight. So instead of hanging in the back commanding his little monsters to do his bidding, he's in the heat of the action calling the shots to save the day. Here's a general video of him in action.

How he'd play

Rallen is an inter-planetary policeman (despite the get-up), so there's already inspiration for his general fighting style and mannerisms, like Capt.Falcon's inspiration in the entirety of Smash. However, he actually fights in all his appearances using equipment he can buy during his adventures. He starts the first game with the prerequisites for his job, but down the line he get's access to much better gear.

Anyway, I see him as a mid tier character leaning a bit on the slower side(slightly faster than Link in Brawl)
He would move around with one Spectrobe accompanying him at a time(ala Ice Climbers) as opposed to the two in his own game. As for which two, I'd say it would be SP-A99 and ZO-A99, the two he first fought with)

Moveset

(Please note, this is my first moveset)

(Side Smash) Glove: Rallen would punch his foes with a quick punch that does little damage but great horizontal knockback. This is a nod to how it works in Spectrobes, as the glove does 1 damage on most enemies but sends them away from you.

(Up Smash) Upward Slash: An single upward slash using his sword moving in an arch.

(Down Smash) Sword Thrust: Rallen sinks his sword into the floor ala Ike's Neutral B.

(B) Spectrobe Attack: This is the core of his character; as a Spectrobes Master he can command them to attack his enemies in battle. These moves would be taken directly from the game and work with his Down B: Spectrobe Switch. SP-A99 would swing his mace-like tail, and ZO-A99 would spin(dash) forward.

(Side B) Blaster: Rallen would use the Basic Blaster he started with in a similar fashion to Samus'.

(Up B) Krawl Spin: This would be an original move, where a small Krawl Tornado (the enemies of the game) would toss Rallen around, before throwing him upwards into the air.I see this move working and looking like using the Deku Flower in Majora's Mask.

(Down B) Spectrobe Switch: Similar to Pokemon Trainer, Rallen would change the Spectrobe accompanying him with his Prizmod (device to store Spectrobes).

Conclusion

Rallen is my most wanted newcomer, even if it is a pipedream, and I hope I managed to stir an interest in some of you. If you come up with a moveset or find one somewhere, please share it here. Thanks for reading and let's hope for Rallen and the Spectrobes in Smash 4.

Links: Spectrobes(the game),
Spectrobes(the creatures),
Rallen

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I've never heard of this series before, but it intrigues me. It is a pipedream, but I am curious to see this "Rallen" in Smash Bros. If the series spawned more games and became more popular, I could see him getting in the Smash 5 or Smash 6, but as it stands, I think too many character edge him out to warrant his inclusion in SM4SH.

Still, I wouldn't mind at all if he showed up, and going by what you've stated in your OP, I'd prefer Rallen over PT.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
so how would the creatures work

EDIT: outside of the special move, and what do they do for the special move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom