• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're Too Slow 3: SD Monthlies (MK Legal)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
It's that time again folks! Another SD monthly. After going on bit of a hiatus since June due to the closure of our old venue, we are back! Bigger, better, faster, stronger, and less "wtf are you doing?!?!" then ever before! The days of a tyrannical venue owner robbing 50% of the pot and paying in piss poor gift cards are a thing of the past. Melee, America's game, makes its triumphant return to the scene as well!

FB EVENT PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/events/275818565867242/

VENUE:
Hainesway Apartments (Party room, PM me if you need help locating the building on the complex proper*)
1314 Atlas St, Rapid City, SD, 57701

VENUE FEE:
$5 (if you bring a full set up, your fee will be waived. Discounted fee for partial set ups)

TIME:
Mountain Time Zone
11:00am- Registration/friendlies to warm up
Noon- Brawl Doubles
Immediately following Brawl Dbls/2:00pm if not complete- Brawl Singles
Immediately following Brawl Singles/5:00pm if not complete- Melee Dbls
Immediately following Melee Dbls/6:00pm if not complete- Melee Singles

RULES:
Brawl Unity Ruleset Modified (MK LEGAL)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

ENTRY FEES:
Brawl Dbls- $10 per team ($5 per player)
Brawl Singles- $5
Melee Dbls- $2 per team ($1 per player) [subject to change if interest warrants]
Melee Singles- $1 [subject to change if interest warrants]

PAYOUTS:
70/20/10 pot split [Melee event payouts subject to change]

SETUPS: CRT TV+ Console/Game+ Unlocks = Full set up
Goal for # of Set ups: 6 total
1- JMan :sonic:, :falconmelee: Full set up (Brawl/Melee)
2- Winna :sheilda: :snake:, :zeldamelee: Full set up (Brawl/Melee)
3- Selodin :ike: :sheik:, :falcomelee: :foxmelee: Full set up (Melee only)
4- Kobo :peach:, :peachmelee: Full set up (Melee only)
5-
6-

SD should finally be back to consistent monthlies. If you plan on attending and post here, every effort will be made to come play with you via smashfests and such in preparation to the tournament. We are trying to rekindle the community here. PM me if you ever want to play and you are in Rapid City or on Ellsworth AFB :)

Rayku

Smash Lord
How often do these tournaments happen? I'm 7 hours out but honestly if they're a decent size I'd be willing to make the trip...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
How often do these tournaments happen? I'm 7 hours out but honestly if they're a decent size I'd be willing to make the trip...
Well, that depends.

This is the 5th SD monthly this year. 3rd Imve helped run. The venue we used to use closed down, so we were on hiatus. We should resume monthlies again now. Safe to assume monthly

Attendance, is another thing. We have gone over 20 twice, broke 30 one time (had 37, we got a lot of casuals to come out that time) and now, with the first monthly in a few months, were not sure of the turnout. Looks to be 15 gaurenteed/confirmed. If we got lurker interest, we'll hit 20/25 easy. If we stay consistent, we could average 20+ a month

And @Rob: it IS America's game :awesome:

:phone:

Rayku

Smash Lord
If interest hit 30 people I would definitely finagle my way into coming.

Although the lack of Melee attendance for these tournaments all but depresses me

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
If interest hit 30 people I would definitely finagle my way into coming.

Although the lack of Melee attendance for these tournaments all but depresses me
Exactly why we are running the $1 theme. Get them to at least try it, its just a buck. Plus most ppl find that both games are still viable. I can play both, so can most of us. Melee is far more fun IMHO though :awesome:

Top Bottom