• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Smashin' Valley 3! Unlike Valve, we know how to count to 3!

M@v

Subarashii!

Global Enterprises and the Penn State Esports Club Present Happy Smashin' Valley 3!

Smash returns to Penn State with Brawl, Melee, and 64.

Venue:
HUB Robeson Center Room 233
University Park, PA

The HUB Robeson Center is, well, the HUB of student activities on campus. There is also a Burger King, Sbarro, and Panda Express that are usually open on Saturday. There is also a public parking deck located right next to the HUB

Exact address TBA, but here is a map of the general campus:

red=HUB
blue=HUB parking deck
green=Findlay commons, location of the previous HSV(for reference)

Brawl Ruleset
APEX Ruleset

• 3 stocks
• 8 minute time limit
• Items are set to “Off” and “None”
• All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
• Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
• There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
• The act of stalling is banned.
• If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
• The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Conduct
• In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
• Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
• The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

Doubles specific:
-Team attack on
-Ports 1&4, 2&3

Melee Ruleset
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
• Double Blind*: If elected.
• Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
• Neutral Start*: If elected.
• Standard DSR*
• Gentleman’s Clause*
• Forced Character Selection*: Off
• Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Doubles specific:
-Team attack on

64 Ruleset
TBA

_umbra_

Smash Champion
more importantly, we should do peach dittos! I trained with her a little over the summer and figured out a bunch of new stuff I want to try ^_^

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I may consider if I could catch a ride with somebody. This is a bit far for me though.

PAV

Smash Cadet
I wanna smash soooo bad, too soon notice to get off of work + my band's playing a gig on the 26th.. Do one in the summer and give me a shout before you set date and we'll see the return of PAV to smash

:phone:

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Hopefully can come. We did a 3 v 3 crew. Me Sephy and Gohan vs Prodigy javi and Devl. Sephy basically beat the while crew exceot for 2 stock I took from javI

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully can come. We did a 3 v 3 crew. Me Sephy and Gohan vs Prodigy javi and Devl. Sephy basically beat the while crew exceot for 2 stock I took from javI

Hey! aj if I remeber we did like 3 crew battles against them, and I did very well against prod and devl...I was just too drunk at the time to beat Javi's marth lmao

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Where's the hype?!

TWO WEEKS AWAY LET'S GET PEOPLE AT THIS COME ON!

THE BEST
(BRAWL)
SHEIK IN PA WILL BE HERE!

If you're saying you "might" come because of (enter excuse here), GET YOUR BUTT TO STATE COLLEGE AND LET'S GO!

I WILL CREW BATTLE ALL OF YOU HESITATING NUBS, MY IKE'S 3 STOCKS TO YOUR 3xHOWEVERMANYPEOPLE, AND I WIN IF YOU AREN'T HERE.

#undefeatedincrews

M@v

Subarashii!
^ If you guys are on campus, you should check out our weekly smash brothers meetings. We hold them at 8pm every thursday, in the Warnock(north halls) cultural lounge =)

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Do you have a time schedule yet of when events are taking place... I kinda want to do brawl doubles but I'm going to PSU vs OSU game same day

Top Bottom