• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resolving squabbles and uncertainties! Day 4: How much impact should retro reps have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Welcome to the rendition of what is resolving squabbles and uncertainties. The old thread was rather all over the place and we got one actual result of four. I've decided to restart the thread on a schedule and hope more people will put their opinions in this time around.;)
The schedule will work on a three-day schedule so that everybody can put their opinion in. It will work like this:

Day 5. Should there be lots of importance on retro reps?

While people are chiming into the current 3 day discussion, people are nominating topics and voting. On the first day, people suggest topics. As many topics per person and the topics will be voted on the next day. This will prevent people for voting in their own topics come voting. On the second day, people vote on the five nominated topics. At the end of the third day, the winning topic will announced and the topic changes. The thread creator, Jigg in this case, would have to monitor the entire process but I feel it could work.
For voting and nominating topics, they are a couple of ground rules:
1) You can not vote for a topic that you yourself nominated, I will keep a note of the nominators name in the below hidden message.
2) You can vote and nominate as many times as you want.

Topics and votes.
Is size a problem for characters getting into smash? Jigglover 1
Does Smash have a problem with too many clone characters? ShinPichu 1
Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B, retro characters or hardware representatives? Opossum
Should the focus be on characters from obscure or unrepresented series' or for series' already in smash? Inawordyes 1
How much importance should be placed on retro reps? Inawordyes 2
Do history/mystery games deserve representation? R.O.B 0
How large should the roster be for smash 4? Scolosis Jones 0

Previous results:

We think there will be 4 third-party characters in smash.
It was close, but we don't want a new star fox characters in SSB4.

D

Deleted member

It's not a legitimate problem, and anyone who says otherwise that isn't trolling needs to learn that.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
I nominate: Exactly how many third party characters should be allowed in SSB4 (if any)?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I nominate: The oversexualization and exploitation of women in Smash, where will it end?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote: Game and Watch and ROB, retro characters, or hardware representatives?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I nominate: Should the focus be on relevant and popular characters from unrepresented series or series already graced with one or more characters in Smash?

Also, if I'm allowed to nominate more than once (and disregard this if not), my secondary nomination would be: How much importance should be placed on Retro Reps?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how to get multiple question answers for The oversexualization and exploitation of women in Smash, where will it end?
and How much importance should be placed on Retro Reps?
so PI you can nominate a topic again. You can nominate more than one topic you know!?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure how to get multiple question answers for The oversexualization and exploitation of women in Smash, where will it end?
and How much importance should be placed on Retro Reps?
so PI you can nominate a topic again. You can nominate more than one topic you know!?
You don't think a topic on sexism can have multiple responses?

I'll give you an example: Peach was originally going to be wearing a thong in melee (I believe, it might have been Brawl) because someone in Nintendo knew that people were going to position the camera to look up her dress

jigglover

Smash Lord
You don't think a topic on sexism can have multiple responses?

I'll give you an example: Peach was originally going to be wearing a thong in melee (I believe, it might have been Brawl) because someone in Nintendo knew that people were going to position the camera to look up her dress
I'm not sure what multiple choices to put in the OP concerning smash 4 though. They greyed i out in Peach's dress! :embarrass:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Just to give you the run-down of how day 2 works. You can not submit any more topics for voting today, but can vote for the topics already in the OP. You will be able to submit more topics on day 3, but for today it is exclusively voting for what topic to be in day 3. I will change the day between 2 and 3 each day.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can I vote for multiple topics? Or can I only vote for one? And can I vote for a topic I nominated? And will topics be made "re-eligible" to be voted on later?

Edit: If I can only vote once, I vote for "Does Smash have a problem with too many clone characters?" If I can vote for more than one, then I vote for "How many third-party characters should be allowed in SSB4 (if any)?" and "Should the focus be on characters from obscure or unrepresented series' or for series' already in smash? "

jigglover

Smash Lord
You can vote as many times as you want although it can't be of your own topic.I never thought about topics being re-eligible, I'll say no for now, since there are at least 100 things like what we have already plus many more, if nominating topics run low though, then I might change it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You can vote as many times as you want although it can't be of your own topic.I never thought about topics being re-eligible, I'll say no for now, since there are at least 100 things like what we have already plus many more, if nominating topics run low though, then I might change it.
So, if i nominated the clone issue, I can't vote for it, but I can vote for as many topics as I want?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You should probably update the OP with the rules. Also, I'd reccomend making note of who nominated what, and maybe keep a link to the post they nominated it in, just so they remember which one they did nominate.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I really just want to vote for all of them, but knowing that I can't (because some of them are mine :p):

Is size a problem for characters getting into smash?

Does Smash have a problem with too many clone characters?

Should star-fox get another representative?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Voting on "How much importance should be placed on retro reps?" and "How many third-party characters should be allowed in SSB4 (if any)?"

jigglover

Smash Lord
There is currently a tie in the topics. How many third part characters should get into smash 4 (if any), Should starfox get another rep and How much importance should be placed on retro reps? all have 2 votes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote third parties. You may thank me later.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Third parties, eh? Personally, I don't think there reaally should be a concrete limit on the total number of third parties allowed. I do, however, feel that, for now at least, third parties should be limited to one character per franchise.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Third parties, eh? Personally, I don't think there reaally should be a concrete limit on the total number of third parties allowed. I do, however, feel that, for now at least, third parties should be limited to one character per franchise.
I need a number of how many characters you think should get in. So sonic and Megaman is 2 etc.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I need a number of how many characters you think should get in. So sonic and Megaman is 2 etc.
Like I said, I don't really care. What I expect is that we get 4: Sonic, Snake, Megaman and maybe a Namco character. Nobody else is plausible imo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Four at the most, three minimum.

One per franchise.

Sonic and Snake should return. Megaman is a shoo-in. I will accept a fourth third-party, but only if they are immensely deserving, like Pacman or, dare I say it, Banjo-Kazooie...none of this "oh, let's represent Square-Enix with a Slime just because of some spinoffs, or oh, let's throw in Travis Touchdown because his creators fap to the idea of him in Smash."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I say four, with three being much more likely. Specifically, Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres another limit: When one third party goes, try to use another company with a DESERVING character.

Example: Snake and Sonic leave, recruit someone like Pac-Man, Megaman, or Layton.

yani

Smash Lord
I'd say no more than four third parties. I'd be happy with Sonic and Snake returning with Geno and Pacman or something.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom