• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The literal star babies of the show! Baby Mario and Baby Luigi! Animations added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord

Baby bros, if you don't know already, would be an ice-climbers style (before you start it is the first counter-argument) character consisting of baby Mario and baby Luigi. These characters would be good, since while they are essentially mario series characters, they appear in plenty of spin-off games in the mario series, so could represent that side of the mario series as well. (I know that Waluigi and Daisy are for that, but these guy kill two birds with one stone, those two miss the birds).
Arguments:
"Ice climbers are unique. We don't want to ruin that!"

I don't think Nintendo cares about that, I mean take these guys!
Ness Lucas
Captain Falcon Ganondorf
Kirby King Dedede
Pikachu Pichu
Mario Dr. Mario
Link Young Link
Young Link Toon link
Fox Falco
And, in a way...
Zelda/sheik Samus/Zero suit samus.
There. Why should Ice climbers be an exception?
Besides, Nintendo has already proven that Ice climbers aren't going to stop them making another duo character, there were two planned for brawl, one was scrapped in early production, and the other due to late technical difficulties.

"But Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are never together except for openings and endings!"

They were the only two babies in Mario kart double dash, and were partners from the start with the same special item (chain chomp) and similar sounds. Not to mention in Mario kart wii along with baby peach and baby daisy, and the baseball and basketball series' in Mario.

Move-set

Neutral B: Spiny shell: The babies throw a spiny shell and it zones in onto the character in first place and creates and explosion. The explosion is about the size of Bowser on all four sides. It can be dodged with a well timed air dodge or sheild, though the sheild will break and the character will be stunned. A last-second roll dodge can also be performed but it would just cause less damage. As many characters possible can get caught in it, and though it would make baby bros. boss in 1v1, the other character can just get close to the babies to cause them damage too, so it is not actually over-powered.

Up B: Stork call. Baby Mario and Luigi perform strange hand-signals that cause the Stork to come and pick them up. You can control the Stork for 4 seconds and the power of his wings flapping blows enemies away so that edge-guarding isn't a problem. If the babies hit land so that they can stand on it and not get dropped by the stork in mid-air then they get a second of Super armour though they are immobile.

Side+B: Chain-chomp. The babies get into the rattle buggy and use the chain-chomp item, the babies can be attacked from behind and it deals double the damage it usually would, but with minimal knockback. The chain-chomp rampages around the stage for a couple of seconds if the babies let go or are attacked, and the babies can control him for three seconds. They can control the chain chomp.

Down+B: Base-ball bat. The babies use a base-ball bat as a boomerang. It circles around them but the player can control it quite slightly.

Final smash: Baby Bonanza. The babies call their fellow babies to ride in on Yoshis, and attack, baby Peach attacks players with her parasol, baby DK shoulder charges the enemies, baby Wario lures them into the other Babies and baby Bowser's fire-balls with his magnet. Baby Bowser shoots large fireballs at the other characters and other Yoshis go around head-butting them. It lasts for 15 seconds.

Entrance: The stork carries the babies onto a stork stop.
Victory animation 1: Baby Mario and Baby Luigi twirl and do a hi-5.
Victory animation 2: The babies are in the goo goo buggy and chain chomp rampages around the screen for two seconds and then it stops in front of the camera while the babies wave.
Victory animation 3: A blue and a pink Yoshi (random reference to the original Mario party) carry Baby Mario and Luigi in and the two Yoshis endlessly circle around eachother.
Loss animation 1: The babies roll on the floor and start Wailing.
Loss animation 2: The Stork drops them from the sky.
Loss animation 3: The chain chomp rampages around and the babies fall off the back.

These are some palette swaps for baby mario and baby Luigi courtesy of Venus of the Desert Bloom:

This is a special request for a baby bros palette swap/costume that represents Plusle and Minun, also by Venus of the desert bloom:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why can't the Wario and Waluigi skin be together in the same set?

And fire luigi be with fire mario instead of wario

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I wish people would stop comparing Lucario and Mewtwo. They had 2 moves in common(neatral B and side smash). This does not warrant all the comparisons.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I wish people would stop comparing Lucario and Mewtwo. They had 2 moves in common(neatral B and side smash). This does not warrant all the comparisons.
That's one of those innevitable comparisons. but anyway the Ice Climibers gimmick is what makes them truly unique.
I think Sakurai does care about making each character unique cause like you say Zelda's Gimmick is like Samus and they arent. Zelda changes with the down special and Samus changes after her final smash.

they're working hard at trying to make each character unique and the tandum thing is what makes Ice Climbers unique.

theres a difference between two characters having the same moves and a character essentially robbing another character of anything special about another. Let's take Olimar for example. his whole gimmick is to use Pikmin in battle, so would they add Louie who most likely would rob Olimar of his uniqueness. most likely not

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
They'd be interesting characters, as incredibly unlikely as they are. They'd be good characters to further represent the Yoshi series. I imagine their stage entrance as them being dropped off by a stork, and maybe their final smash would be a chain chomp dragging them along the stage, obliterating everything in it's path.

But again, it's incredibly unlikely, just like the chances of Yoshi actually getting a second character.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That's one of those innevitable comparisons. but anyway the Ice Climibers gimmick is what makes them truly unique.
I think Sakurai does care about making each character unique cause like you say Zelda's Gimmick is like Samus and they arent. Zelda changes with the down special and Samus changes after her final smash.

they're working hard at trying to make each character unique and the tandum thing is what makes Ice Climbers unique.

theres a difference between two characters having the same moves and a character essentially robbing another character of anything special about another. Let's take Olimar for example. his whole gimmick is to use Pikmin in battle, so would they add Louie who most likely would rob Olimar of his uniqueness. most likely not
This could happen to anybody. Ridley can't get in because Charizard wouldn't be unique because they'd both glide while dashing.
Daisy can't get in because she would quite clearly be a clone of Peach.
Paper Mario can't get in because he would clearly be a clone of Mario.
Bowser junior, has no chance since he would be ANOTHER Bowser and is the size of Squirtle!
Zoroark and Mewtwo can't get in because they are human-like Pokemon which Lucario is too!

I mean, it's SO obvious!

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
This could happen to anybody. Ridley can't get in because Charizard wouldn't be unique because they'd both glide while dashing.
Daisy can't get in because she would quite clearly be a clone of Peach.
Paper Mario can't get in because he would clearly be a clone of Mario.
Bowser junior, has no chance since he would be ANOTHER Bowser and is the size of Squirtle!
Zoroark and Mewtwo can't get in because they are human-like Pokemon which Lucario is too!

I mean, it's SO obvious!
There is much more against the Baby Bros. than just this though, even if you don't count the "not being unique" thing as an issue. And I'm sure that, by the slim chance that the Baby Bros. were to be added, they would have some sort of unique spin on the Ice Climber's duo gimmick.

Also, jigglover, why'd you change the thread title? The last one was better because it made more sense. I'm not sure what you mean by "The literal star babies of the show!" Especially because they aren't literally stars (if it was inspired by the starfy thread, remember that starfy is LITERALLY a star, which is why it makes sense. The baby bros. aren't literally stars in the same context). No big deal... Just me being nit-picky.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is much more against the Baby Bros. than just this though, even if you don't count the "not being unique" thing as an issue. And I'm sure that, by the slim chance that the Baby Bros. were to be added, they would have some sort of unique spin on the Ice Climber's duo gimmick.

Also, jigglover, why'd you change the thread title? The last one was better because it made more sense. I'm not sure what you mean by "The literal star babies of the show!" Especially because they aren't literally stars (if it was inspired by the starfy thread, remember that starfy is LITERALLY a star, which is why it makes sense. The baby bros. aren't literally stars in the same context). No big deal... Just me being nit-picky.
You haven't played Yoshi's Island 2 have you?

Mario and Luigi are among the 5 or 6 specially born "star babies" chosen to have great destinies in their future

Basically they were chosen by the star spirits to be great protectors in the mushroom kingdom

jigglover

Smash Lord
They'd be interesting characters, as incredibly unlikely as they are. They'd be good characters to further represent the Yoshi series. I imagine their stage entrance as them being dropped off by a stork, and maybe their final smash would be a chain chomp dragging them along the stage, obliterating everything in it's path.

But again, it's incredibly unlikely, just like the chances of Yoshi actually getting a second character.
Sorry for double post, but I've only just seen this post and I like it! (A lot) Possibly 2 different entrances though? I envisioned An orange Yoshi bringing them in then trodding off. I like the final smash, though I did have that labelled as a wario-bike-like side+B for the Move-set I'm coming up with? Which do you guys think is better, chain chomp as final smash or side+B?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Chain chomp sounds a little broken, maybe it should be a final smash? I like the idea for their entrance with the stork more than the orange yoshi one. Hopefully Yoshi has an orange color (purple, brown, black and white as well) in smash 4.

:phone:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
these guys is what made me so interested in m&l: pit, i would love to see them in ssb4

and that chain chomp is broken (maybe they can summon a random baby that does something instead)?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt that. I don't think that sending a wailing baby flying through the air with a fiery punch will hurt him at all. Oh wait...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I wonder if Child Services were pissed when they made it to Mario Kart Double Dash? Who lets two babies drive around in a go kart
with no pacifier
?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I wonder if Child Services were pissed when they made it to Mario Kart Double Dash? Who lets two babies drive around in a go kart
with no pacifier
?

True, and I think that if they didn't get riled up by having bowser shells or fireballs getting chucked at them than this is OK.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
How about Baby Peach and Baby Daisy? I'd play as them! Although either way I'd play as these guys too. Nothing more humiliating than to have your 4$$ handed over to you by a pair of diaper toting toddlers! LULZ

jigglover

Smash Lord
How about Baby Peach and Baby Daisy? I'd play as them! Although either way I'd play as these guys too. Nothing more humiliating than to have your 4$$ handed over to you by a pair of diaper toting toddlers! LULZ
That's the logic behind their inclusion! :troll: I don't see how baby peach and daisy will work, especially since adult daisy isn't even in smash yet. I think that is baby bros. get in smash 4, then baby daisy and peach can get in in smash 8 or something.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
You know... if they put Dr mario back in, and they added baby bro's and paper mario..

Then we'd be up to... what is it, four marios? - name variations (wario, olimar)

AND HAY IT SAYZ THERE ARE NEW ANIMATIONZ AND I DON SEE SQUAT!!

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, pink luigi is pretty high up there.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
That's the logic behind their inclusion! :troll: I don't see how baby peach and daisy will work, especially since adult daisy isn't even in smash yet. I think that is baby bros. get in smash 4, then baby daisy and peach can get in in smash 8 or something.
I think they stand just about as much chance as the baby bros. seeing their chances look pretty slim to all of them to me. Either way I'll be looking forward to their inclusion!

I don't know, pink luigi is pretty high up there.
Or pink Capn' Falcon or light purple Toon Link! LULZ
And I see your Mains almost mirror mine! Link Mains FTW! What color Links do you use? I like the classic white-ish blue tunic thats a throw back to the old Blue Ring Tunic in Zelda1. As for Toon Link I prefer the classic colors throw back and sumtimes the light purple too! >: )

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Or pink Capn' Falcon or light purple Toon Link! LULZ
And I see your Mains almost mirror mine! Link Mains FTW! What color Links do you use? I like the classic white-ish blue tunic thats a throw back to the old Blue Ring Tunic in Zelda1. As for Toon Link I prefer the classic colors throw back and sumtimes the light purple too! >: )
I loved the white pajamas in Melee but since they've thrown those out in Brawl, I go for the light blueish lavender colors.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Neutral B: Spiny shell: The babies throw a spiny shell and it zones in onto the character in first place and creates and explosion. <snip>. It can be dodged with a well timed air dodge or sheild,<snip> As many characters possibly can get caught in it <snip>
Called it... kind of...

Anyway, this is a bit of a bump but nothing major >_>. I'm wondering what people think about these guys once again, though. I still think they have quite a good shot, even if it's not huge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom