• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bubble bobble toil and trouble! Bub is in for smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord

This guy would be so awesome, I really want him in! (of course Sakurai will need to think of a name...) It's bubble bobble time!
Who the hell is this guy!?
Bub is the appropriately named protagonist from the NES classic bubble bobble. He would be a fantastic rep and I think his series is long over-due some recognition in smash. Bubble bobble is an interesting pac-man-esque game developed by Taito, who is unfortunately third-party. His last game was 2011 and he has released lots and lots of games since his original bubble bobble, along with his partner bob.

The following is courtesy of EvilWaluigi from deviantart.

B – BUBBLE BURP – Bub will spit out a colored small bubble- if it hits an item or opponent it will trap it in a bubble. once in a bubble it will slowly float towards Bub allowing you to close the distance between you and your opponents or you and that item you want so badly. if it hits a wall it will simply splash off it causing no bubble. When the slime travels a set distance and hasn't touched an opponent or item it will transform into an empty bubble and float upwards- ONLY bub and Bob can jump on these doing so will pop them, they otherwise travel past items but can still be popped by opponents and projectiles. once inside the bubble opponents will receive DMG for being hit by this attack.
DMG: 5%

Side B – WATER BUBBLE – Bub will spit out a Bubble that moves slowly and is filled with water- if anyone pops this bubble it's contents will splash out dealing DMG to opponents and sending the one who popped it or anyone next to the rushing water to the ground and whisks them away a short distance disabling their jump until, they have been swept off of solid ground or the attack ends.
DMG: 8%

Down B - FIRE BUBBLE - Bub will spit out a Bubble with a small flame in it in front of him if popped, the bubble will drench the ground beneath it in fire for a short time dealing racking DMG.
DMG: 3-20%

Up B - RAINBOW BUBBLE - Bub will spit out a Bubble upwards that swirls with colors Bub will then jump up and pop it- a star appears and he grabs it as it takes off for a distance leaving a rainbow trail behind it- use the Control stick to determine where the star will fly. deal DMG by crashing into opponents. once the max distance is reached the star will stop moving and the rainbow trail will crack and fall apart as if it were made of glass and fall downwards the falling shards will deal DMG. Note: players can stand on the Rainbow trail the star leaves.
DMG: 10% (Star) 8% (Fragments)

Final Smash – BUST-A BUBBLE- Bub's spikes will glow allowing him to spit huge bubbles by pressing 'B' these bubbles can capture up to 3 characters at a time and when Bub crashes into them either by jumping into them or attacking them they explode in a blast of force sending everyone inside flying dealing DMG and HUGE knock back! Bub can fire up to 2 Bubbles on screen at once- pop empty bubbles to fire more. Bub is invincible during BUST-A BUBBLE.
DMG: 23%

Kirby Hat - Kirby will gain a Bubble Dragon Hat and the Bubble Burp ability.

TAUNTS===================================

Taunt 1 – Bub will bring his hands up to his face and giggle.

Taunt 2 – Bub will jump up and down and look happy (similar to Yoshi's taunt).

Taunt 3 – Bub in a poof of smoke turns into his human form and looks confused before he transforms back into a bubble dragon.

SNAKE'S CODEC FOR BUB=========================
CODEC CHANNEL: 141.12

OTACON: WOAH! It's a bubble dragon!

SNAKE: A what Dragon?

OTACON: A Bubble Dragon Snake, these little guys are usually seen in the Cave of Monsters blowing bubbles!

SNAKE: What's this one doing way out here?

OTACON: Humm...wait a minute...That's Bubblun! he's not really a Bubble Dragon he's been transformed into one! I heard stories about him and his brother Bobblun they entered the Cave of Monsters to save their girlfriends and defeated the evil sorcerer Drunk!

SNAKE: So this little dragon is really a little boy?

OTACON: Affirmative Snake, though he doesn't seem to mind being transformed in fact he kinda has a knack for being a Bubble Dragon wouldent you say? Just make sure not to get trapped in one of his bubbles!

SNAKE: I'll ...I'll try not to.

PSYCHOPATH ABILITY QUOTE FOR BUB================

"Gotta hurry Skel-Monsta is coming!"

TROPHIES AFFILIATED WITH BUB==================

1 – Bubblun "Bub"
2 – Bust-A Bubble (Final Smash)
3 – Bobblun "Bob"
4 – Sorcerer Drunk / Grumple Gromit
5 – Develon
6 – Bubu & Grandfather
7 – Kululun and Cororon
8 – Element Bubbles
9 – Bubble Buster
10 – Stoner
11 – Beluga
12 – Hullaballoon
13 – Coiley
14 – Incendo
15 – Willy Whistle
16 – Super Socket
17 - Baron von Blubba / Skel-Monsta

STAGE=====================================

BUBBLE TUBE

This cylinder stage provides a challenge for K.O.ing foes as you can only do so by top or bottom of the screen. this stage trows you right into a game of puzzle bobble or Bust-A-Move at the bottom of the stage Kululun and Cororon man the Bubble machine and will continuously toss bubbles upwards destroying your platforms and creating new ones strung together by different color bubbles. every time you play this stage the background will change you could be fighting in a Bubble Tube set to a grassy field with rainbows in the background or perhaps a creepy interior of a pyramid who knows what BG you'll get next!

STAGE MUSIC TRACKS============================

1 - Puzzle Bobble Theme - Puzzle Bobble (Sega Saturn) -
[link]
2 - Area 2 - Bubble Bobble Neo (Xbox 360) -
[link]
3 - Area 4 - Bubble Bobble Neo (Xbox 360) -
[link]
4 - Main Theme - Rainbow Island (Amiga) -
[link]
5 - Sorcerer Drunk - Bubble Symphony (Sega Saturn) -
[link]
6 - Inside a Picture Book - Bubble Symphony (Sega Saturn) -
[link]
7 - Stage Theme - Bubble Bobble (NES) -
[link]

SIDE NOTES=================================

ENTRANCE - Bub decends onto the stage in a bubble before it pops and he enters battle stance.

Victory Music - Victory! - Bubble Bobble (NES) -

WII-MOTE SFX - Bub will say: "I'm gonna pop your bubble!"

COLORS=====================================

Colors:
GREEN - Bubblun Green (Default / GREEN Team)
BLUE - Bobblun Blue (BLUE Team)
RED - Bubu Red (RED Team)
YELLOW - Kululun Yellow
PINK - Cororon Pink
BLACK - Develon Black

STATS=====================================

WEIGHT: Light
SPEED: Normal
JUMP: Normal

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOuVKxzW4Do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGeG8Rp2sY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bldD7fCgR5w&feature=related

Supporters:
jigglover
Cider
Ferio_Kun
If you haven't already, I whole-heartedly urge you to download this game off of Virtual console... NOW!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I looked it up...Taito is owned by Square Enix, so they are third party...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They were just distributors who did games for many companies...Square, Capcom, you name it. Not at all owned by Nintendo.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I want Bub in smash...so...bad. Btw I'm loving his specials.

:phone:

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the support list! Bubble Bobble Plus was one of the first purchases I bought on virtual console. I fully support Bub for SSB4!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Done :) It would completely make my month if this guy was in, in roughly a year I'd start training with it until I'm good enough to main it, and then I'd properly main him and go to tournaments with him! There you go, I wrote out something that I probably won't do. (I will take him to tournaments sometimes though, that's a fact).

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Done :) It would completely make my month if this guy was in, in roughly a year I'd start training with it until I'm good enough to main it, and then I'd properly main him and go to tournaments with him! There you go, I wrote out something that I probably won't do. (I will take him to tournaments sometimes though, that's a fact).
Save Scizor, who would obviously be my main... Bubs would be one of the top contenders for the slot. He not only can have an awesome moveset, but the nostalgia value is through the roof! Good times...

And the music! It may seem repetitive, (and it is) but as a child this music was pure joy to partake.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Save Scizor, who would obviously be my main... Bubs would be one of the top contenders for the slot. He not only can have an awesome moveset, but the nostalgia value is through the roof! Good times...

And the music! It may seem repetitive, (and it is) but as a child this music was pure joy to partake.
I know! His move-set potential is far more than that of Bayonetta (without getting to sexy) and of current the 101 heroes (though they're my second pick for third-party)!
I did have a bit of trouble finding music for the OP which isn't repetitive though, since not everyone likes it or has fond memories of it (I'm looking at you 8-year-old). I'd very much appreciate it if you found some. :)

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I know! His move-set potential is far more than that of Bayonetta (without getting to sexy) and of current the 101 heroes (though they're my second pick for third-party)!
I did have a bit of trouble finding music for the OP which isn't repetitive though, since not everyone likes it or has fond memories of it (I'm looking at you 8-year-old). I'd very much appreciate it if you found some. :)
Who's your first for 3rd party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom