• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(NEW) Alberta Brawl Power Rankings • TOP 5

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
THE •NEW• OFFICIAL ALBERTA SSBB POWER RANKINGS

After almost a year (no doubt thanks to severe procrastination) without a proper update to our competitive scene's rankings, Alberta is back with a refreshed and active look into our community! Though this will be highlighted later, updates to the PR will be dealt with on a bi-monthly/tri-monthly basis.

Taking the past month's results into account, this will be a reboot of the ranks. Starting fresh; here we go!

◘ Criteria ◘

1.) What Counts?: Tournament Wins & Overall Placing. In order of importance; who you beat, overall placing, tournament bracket matches and lastly pools. Money matches will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

2.) Activity: If you are a ranked player, you are expected to attend your local monthlies to defend your position. Travelling for tournaments out of province or out of the country will be taken into account based upon players defeated and your accomplishments overall. Missing one tournament will put you on watch. Missing two tournaments in a row or placing low upon returning may result in you forfeiting your position.

3.) Anything Else?: On the note of travelling out of province or out of country to compete, word of mouth and/or video proof to back up your credentials amongst Alberta's Power Rankings can earn you a position. This includes tourney sets, documented/witnessed money matches, pool upsets, etc. That being said, this last section is not what you should be focusing on. Do your best where it counts, here in Alberta!

◘ PANELISTS ◘

• TO BE UPDATED

◘ TOP 5 ◘

◘ Previous List ◘

• N/A

◘ Updates ◘

• September 23rd, 2012: Alberta Brawl Power Rankings are revived! Top 5 are KillLock, Alphicans, Fiji, Kuraudo & Frio.

--

If there are any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM myself or discuss the PR in this thread! This time we're going to do our best to stay up to date with our rankings, so feel free to subscribe to see what else is new! Step your game up and get on the PR!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I like the idea that you guys are doing a top 5.

We should start doing the same for P:M in the future haha

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Of course. I don't mind leading it. Should be a nice little way to kick up the competitive spirit for P:M community as it starts to show its head haha

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Great looking PR! Guess it was worth however long it took to make this!

qazthecrazy

Smash Rookie
i think the bounty is too high to start off at but a good idea anyways

hope to shock you all with my rat in the near future :D

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
i think the bounty is too high to start off at but a good idea anyways

hope to shock you all with my rat in the near future :D
I think the bounties work if I consider our 'crew' having made it to the second half of the Grand Line. Mine and Frio's bounties COULD be lower thinking back on it, but either way, thanks! And hope to see you soon to start some epic stuff!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Keep us updated on any upcoming opportunities.
Absolutely. Primarily right now our PR tournaments consist of the Rock Paper Scissors Monthlies that take place monthly at UofA. When more events are noted competitively around the province, they will be considered as well. If our region grows big enough in that more places post more results in Alberta, a Provincial/Regional tournament may be put into the works that I will host (and other members of the Edmonton & area if they wish to help) to better develop our rankings.

There's potential in Calgary and even other places. Some WiFi warriors out there can really be put to the test. If you know of how I can better contact the Calgary Smash scene (primarily Brawl), lemme know and we can better work out times! It's a couple hours worth drive either way and carpooling it would mean an easy transitions at least between Calgary and Edmonton.

Keep in communications with burningpyre, the current host of our monthlies here in Edmonton.

With this new Power Rankings thread, I'm hoping to treat this as a reboot of the Brawl scene in general. The numbers aren't the problem. It's gathering everyone together that we have is the concern, and if hosting bigger tournaments with more hype and more skill is what it takes, well more provincial/regional events may be in order.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
nerf jack pls

too good at smash bros

that hyperbolic time chamber training with dan has made him too good

Top Bottom