• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jeff Andonuts for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
Here he comes, he's got the smarts, and skill.. He fears the police, but only because they like coffee Andonuts (A terrible pun, yes.)

If you've ever played EarthBound, you should know how awesome Jeff is. He comes equipped with a wide array of weapons ranging from toy guns, to laser beams. He's appeared in SSB64 in Ness' 'Congratulations!' screen, in Melee as a collectible trophy, and Brawl as a full-blown animated assist trophy. I love seeing new MOTHER/EarthBound content in Super Smash Bros because I think that it's a very under-rated series. My moveset idea:

B Attacks

B Attack: Shoots a laser gun similar to that of Zero Suit Samus' but has more range and strength. Has a slight recovery lag, and does about 7% uncharged, and 10% charged.

Over B attack: Fires a bottle rocket in any direction, but is pretty difficult to control. Has a lag as you have to control the bottle rocket. About 19%

Down B Attack: Slime generator that spews slime where he was standing that causes the opponents to be caught for a short time period. No lag. Let's say the slime does rapid damage, about 1% per half second.

Up B: He rides a Big Bottle Rocket into the air that explodes. Has a lag and can be charged like Diddy Kong's Jet Pack. (Lag varies on the amount of charge.) 10% uncharged, 15% Charged.

Standard A and A Smash attacks:

Standard A: A punch. I can't think of anything else. 3% No lag

Smash A Over: Rams the Stun Gun forward for a powerful electric attack. A 1/4 second lag after the attack is fired. %18 Uncharged, 25% Charged

Smash A Down: Forms a sort of electrical whip with the Stun Gun and flings it around. No lag, and does 15% uncharged, and 27% charged

Smash A up: Fires a Multi Bottle Rocket into the air which goes up as 1 projectile, and splits into 5 as it reaches its peak. (One goes left, diagonal left up, Up,
Diagnol Right Up, and Right.) Charge will affect the altitude it gets, the lag it will receive, and the damage it will deal. %18 uncharged, %25 Charged

Final Smash

Charges up the Gaia Beam and fires 2 spiraling shots (similar to Mario's final smash but with a different color scheme and perhaps some other effects..) Does about 50% total.

Other Stuff

Stage Intro: He crashes the Sky Runner into the map

Taunt 1: Pulls out a broken pipe, turns around and a bright light is formed, and he holds up a machine of some sort. A 3 second lag as soon as the taunt is activated

Taunt 2: Struggles to pull out the Heavy Bazooka, and drops it. A 3 second lag as soon as the taunt is activated

Taunt 3: (I can't think of one. Someone give me a suggestion please)
And a possible stage could be the outside of Stonehenge in Winters with an awesome remix of the Winters theme.

Palette Swaps:

Green: His basic color
Red: A red coat instead of green
Blue: The blue coat used in his Brawl sticker

Yellow: A yellow coat
So on and so forth.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
no offense, but if there's a third character from EarthBound, let it be a villain. It's not like Jeff hasn't got potential, or something like that... but I think antagonistic characters also deserve their spot in the Smash Bros. roster, much like Ganon or Bowser.

added to the fact that two characters for a franchise comprised of three games is already a lot, when we have the more deep Metroid series solely represented by Samus. EarthBound has a non-linear story and has no common protagonist unlike many other series already represented in Smash, so I understand the fact of both Ness and Lucas representing two different games.

despite all this, I wouldn't mind Jeff appearing as a character in Smash: in fact, I welcome all kinds of characters in one of my favorite game series (as long as we don't have an overkill amount of third party characters, of course).

D

Deleted member

I notice you keep saying that the deep Metroid needs, nay DESERVES more characters. While I agree that it should have at least one other (Ridley), you have to think about this:
The series is pretty centered around one character. Unlike say, Mario, Legend of Zelda, and even Mother, Metroid doesn't have that many important characters for the series as a whole.
I mean, other than Samus and Ridley, Samus' archnemesis, who else is there? Closest thing to a major character to the series aside from them is Mother Brain, but she would likely be brushed aside as unfeasible.

It appears to me that the series is not being cast aside in favor of other series because Sakurai doesn't view the series as deserving (as the series gets its due in other compartments, such as TWO non-Melee stages, TWO bosses, and an Assist (even the original plan being TWO of those as well), but because there really isn't much that can be done.

Now, to stay on topic, Mother has the characters to warrant more, however, it's a relatively minor series in the long run and probably SHOULDN'T have more.
At which point, if one more had to be in, it should be either Ninten (despite looking like Ness) to represent Mother 1, Giygas, the main villain in Mother 1 AND Mother 2, or Porky, major villain in Mother 2, and main villain in Mother 3, as well as boss in Brawl.
Problem is, Ninten is too similar to Ness, and Giygas and Porky would probably be deemed unfeasible as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I notice you keep saying that the deep Metroid needs, nay DESERVES more characters. While I agree that it should have at least one other (Ridley), you have to think about this:
The series is pretty centered around one character. Unlike say, Mario, Legend of Zelda, and even Mother, Metroid doesn't have that many important characters for the series as a whole.
I mean, other than Samus and Ridley, Samus' archnemesis, who else is there? Closest thing to a major character to the series aside from them is Mother Brain, but she would likely be brushed aside as unfeasible.

It appears to me that the series is not being cast aside in favor of other series because Sakurai doesn't view the series as deserving (as the series gets its due in other compartments, such as TWO non-Melee stages, TWO bosses, and an Assist (even the original plan being TWO of those as well), but because there really isn't much that can be done.

Now, to stay on topic, Mother has the characters to warrant more, however, it's a relatively minor series in the long run and probably SHOULDN'T have more.
At which point, if one more had to be in, it should be either Ninten (despite looking like Ness) to represent Mother 1, Giygas, the main villain in Mother 1 AND Mother 2, or Porky, major villain in Mother 2, and main villain in Mother 3, as well as boss in Brawl.
Problem is, Ninten is too similar to Ness, and Giygas and Porky would probably be deemed unfeasible as well.
hmmm, you have quite a valid point, indeed...

I am not saying that Metroid deserves a newcomer, but I am aware of the series' point. I was using Metroid's case as much as I could've used F-Zero's.

actually, I think FE deserves more newcomers, because of the many stories it has and the many characters that have a lot of potential. Anna would be the best to represent the series as a whole, especially now that she's finally playable in FE13.

I think for the EarthBound series, this would be:
Ness (perhaps with a Ninten alt?)
Lucas
Masked Man or another... feasible villain to be playable. honestly, how do you expect to play as Giygas or Porky inside his mech, when he's pretty much nothing without it?

Jeff would also be a nice addition, however between Jeff and a villainious character, I would give priority to the villain.

D

Deleted member

Why is it so hard to imagine a mech fighter?
It's not like other fighting games don't have one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why is it so hard to imagine a mech fighter?
It's not like other fighting games don't have one.
two words: too big :troll:

seriously, now, only if it was an original mini-sized contraption made for SSB, which could transform into the huge spider mech (as seen in Brawl and EarthBound games) as his FS.

actually, I think only Claus (Masked Man) and Porky are the only villains best suited to appear in a Smash game. that is if we ever get a new EB character, which I think it's unlikely. Jeff would also serve as a good addition, but I prefer more villain representation which is lacking.

D

Deleted member

The "too big" argument holds no water considering Brawl Porky's mech is far larger than Mother 3 Porky's. (And as someone pointed out in another thread, Brawl Porky HIMSELF is larger than he should be; Porky is around Ness' height, perhaps even shorter in Mother 3 due to age deterioration, yet he is quite taller than Ness when you compare the models.)
And even then, the Earthbound Porky's mech is even smaller than that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The "too big" argument holds no water considering Brawl Porky's mech is far larger than Mother 3 Porky's. (And as someone pointed out in another thread, Brawl Porky HIMSELF is larger than he should be; Porky is around Ness' height, perhaps even shorter in Mother 3 due to age deterioration, yet he is quite taller than Ness when you compare the models.)
And even then, the Earthbound Porky's mech is even smaller than that.
did you not see the troll face? I was being sarcastic.

enough talking about Porky, this is about Jeff so we should focus on him.

Jeff could have a stronger version of his AT attack as a Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

Jeff would be quite interesting as a character, given that unlike Ness/Lucas, he has NO PSI capability.
He'd have to rely completely on his weapons and inventions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@gazpacho146: You might want to adjust the formatting of your primary post. Just click on the "Edit" icon to make the changes.

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
@gazpacho146: You might want to adjust the formatting of your primary post. Just click on the "Edit" icon to make the changes.
What do you mean by 'format?' Sorry. I'm a n00b to these forums :L
And I can see what you guys mean about having a villain as another rep. But, seeing as Jeff already has a nicely animated 3D model, and I have a hunch that for veteran fighters, they'll probably sharpen the models from Brawl, they already have a head start on design. But they might completely remodel them

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Take a look at some of the other support threads. Many of them include pictures and videos to illustrate their point. To put pictures in a post, just type in

You can the the url of an image by right clicking on the picture, selecting COPY IMAGE LOCATION and pasting it in the
. An easier message is to click the picture icon at the top of the post editor box (located between Insert Email Link and Wrap Quote and under Redo)
You may also want to put spaces between the attacks. It would if you put a title to show what type of attacks they are. For example:

B Attack: Shoots a laser gun similar to that of Zero Suit Samus' but has more range and strength.

Special B Moves

Over B attack: Fires a bottle rocket in any direction

Down B Attack: Slime generator that spews slime where he was standing that causes the opponents to be caught for a short time period.

Up B: He rides a Big Bottle Rocket into the air that explodes

So it is easier to read. To some people, it looks like a gigantic block of text. You may also want to go a little bit deeper into describing the attacks such as damage percentage, animation frames; lag or no lag, etc. Again, you the M.Y.M or the SmashWiki as a basis. Don't be afraid to mess around the fonts and the font color but make sure they are easy to read.

As the support thread grows and more people begin to start discussions, you may want to add a Argument or Counter Argument section. That is not necessary though.

Oh, and lastly. If you want to edit a post, just turquoise Edit button. It has a pair of scissors on it. It will open up a simple post editor box. However, I suggest clicking Go to Advanced. It will then open a post editor box with more tools and options.

I hope that helps!

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Jeff. I see him being more of a spammy keep away character. 0_0

He'd probably be broken. Lol

Haha. Spammy characters are terrible o_o although I see your point about him using projectiles as one of his only forms of combat

nessokman

Smash Lord
jeff won't be in it.Multibottle rocket.It is the most powerful attack in EB, doing +1000 damage.He is almost useless in EB, no bottle rockets, no good.I used him for multi bottle rockets and as extra item room when i beat EB

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
jeff won't be in it.Multibottle rocket.It is the most powerful attack in EB, doing +1000 damage.He is almost useless in EB, no bottle rockets, no good.I used him for multi bottle rockets and as extra item room when i beat EB
Of course it's not gonna do 1000 damage or anything like that. And how good they are depends on how many enemies you fight. Jeff was one of my biggest helps in the game.
They'd tone down the Multi-Bottle Rocket strength, of course. I mean, you don't see Snake's rocket launchers KO'ing people in one hit, let alone killing them, do you? Or Samus' arm cannon doing the same? It'd just be one of those (not so) witty things to add into their moveset to have it make sense. Granted, not many people know about EB, but they should have at least some idea of who he is since he appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, as stated by Gothrax in the MOTHER Character thread.
jeff was in ssbb as an assist trophy correct? So non mother gamers have SOME idea who he is? Right?
My main point being that more people are gonna recognize Jeff than Claus here in the US. Then again, the game IS being developed in Japan where all 3 MOTHER games have been released and have quite a large fanbase.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Jeff isnt unfeasable but he'd be a lot of work to make him work well and fairly. while a character like Claus not only would be easier to make a moveset for, but he's also more interesting in terms of design and backstory and even moveset wise he's more interesting.

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
Jeff isnt unfeasable but he'd be a lot of work to make him work well and fairly. while a character like Claus not only would be easier to make a moveset for, but he's also more interesting in terms of design and backstory and even moveset wise he's more interesting.
I don't really get Claus.. (I haven't beat Mother 3 yet.) I'm just saying that he (Jeff) is a wanted MOTHER character. But so are Porky and Claus. It's pretty interesting to hear what you guys think about MOTHER and Smash 4. I also wouldn't mind a female rep for MOTHER like Paula or someone. But out of all MOTHER characters, Jeff has my vote. And really for Claus, all they would have to do is take Lucas' model of his palette swap, and modify the hair a little bit. As I said above, I don't really understand Claus because I haven't beaten Mother 3 yet which I might later as I get further in the game

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I don't really get Claus.. (I haven't beat Mother 3 yet.) I'm just saying that he (Jeff) is a wanted MOTHER character. But so are Porky and Claus. It's pretty interesting to hear what you guys think about MOTHER and Smash 4. I also wouldn't mind a female rep for MOTHER like Paula or someone. But out of all MOTHER characters, Jeff has my vote. And really for Claus, all they would have to do is take Lucas' model of his palette swap, and modify the hair a little bit. As I said above, I don't really understand Claus because I haven't beaten Mother 3 yet which I might later as I get further in the game
ok wait till the masked man then. then you'll probably change your opinion a little

nessokman

Smash Lord
claus is porky's robot slave, the masked man.he has high psi powers,cannon,jetpack,and sword

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
we need Jeff, I mean is there a smash character that wears glasses? I DON'T THINK SO
but seriously, I want this guy in. I can think of a moveset, kinda:
Neutral Special: Either Slingshot
or Pop Gun
. I think that Jeff should be able to move whilst charging it and can shoot it at a 45 Degree and 135 degree while he is in the air.

Side Special: Hmm this one is pretty hard, I was thinking maybe him having a death ray which shoots a slow-moving projectile with multiple hits maybe? (IF you've ever played Team Fortress 2, think of the righteous bison which is the secondary weapon Soldier can equip)
Up Special:Gets a bubble monkey who blows a huge pink bubble using bubble gun which ascends him. When you first play as Jeff, you encounter one. Similar to the up special that snake has.
Down Special:Spy, this is similar to Marth's down special, but you can choose when to counter. If a projectile hits him, he does a special kind of sidestep? or HP-sucker which is similar to spy, but hence the name sucks the opponents health (10% maybe) and Jeff gains 3% then 2%.

Final Smash: Basically what he does in Brawl when summoned as an assist trophy. Maybe buff it? (lol I don't care about Final Smash, it's no items for me and final destination and fox only)
But I woundn't be surprised at all if he doesn't end up in the game, as there's a low chance of Jeff getting in unfortunately...

Rdall

Smash Rookie
Has he been announced as an assist trophy for smash 4?
He was an assist trophy in brawl so I'm hoping he returns, but I don't know about the chances of him getting in as a playable character, he has a unique move set, but no one seems to be begging for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom