• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contra's Bill and Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Up+Up+Down+Down+Left+Right+Left+Right+B+A+Start

Guys, if you do not know Contra, it is certainly time!
The game was released for NES in 1987 and is probably the reason why people would throw controllers - this game was hard! It became popular possibly because of 2 player coop as we have seen it in New Super Mario Bros Wii.

As I would LOVE to see the main guys of Contra, Bill and Lance (Blue and Red respectively), it would be awesome to see them as a pair like we have it with Ice Climbers. Since Bill and Lance are humans, they would be the same size as Snake.

Although the support for Bill and Lance is what I have seen non-existent, I still feel these guys deserve at least a mention.

Stage Entry: Get dropped out of a helicopter falling in a spinning somersault figure

Stats:

Size ~ 9 (Snake)
Weight ~ 8 (Wolf)
Movement ~ 4 (Between Ganondorf and Snake)
Jumps ~ 2
Jump Height ~ 4
Fall Speed ~ 7 (Ganondorf)
Aerial Movement ~ 7 (A nerfed Jiggs)
Traction ~ 8 (Metaknight)

When it comes to weight, these heavy armed dudes will be hard to knock off the stage. But they are quite slow at running and the jumping height is also low because of the weight.
In the original game, the aerial movement is very sharp and needed to avoid bullets from enemies, this is translated almost directly into Sm4sh.

I will be focusing on the NES version of Contra since I have not tried other versions.

Specials:
Neutral B: Grenade
These grenades are summoned items like Links' bombs and the users can run around with them for a certain amount of time until they explode. (Blue in the image, top near the tree)

Up B: Elevator
Since Bill and Lance do not have anything that elevates them higher - the elevator from Stage 4 end boss will bring the guys up in the same height as Snake's Cipher. They can be knocked of the elevator and also be used by others until it disappears.

Front B: Rifle Shot
The weapon of choice of both Bill and Lance. They shoot almost simultanously with the latency difference of Ice Climbers. This can be aimed in 180 degress while holding the B button down and used mid-air. They will move in the input direction, and when no input is there, they will stop moving but still shoot.

Down B: Weapon Change
The one thing I found so great about Contra was the arsenal. The weapons icons could appear above the heads of Bill and Lance. There will be 4 different weapons to change from:

M) Machine Gun - The basic weapon upgraded, which will have a limitation of 6 bullets on the screen.

L) Laser - The most powerfull and slow weapon there is in Contra. Limited to one "bullet" at a time, this drawback is covered by the fact that you can shoot multiple enemies with it.

F) Flamethrower - Fireballs flying in a corkscrew pattern. The maximum being 4 balls on screen at a time. These fellas are so slow, that you outrun them.

S) Spread - With a shooting pattern of an arc, and a limit of 10 bullets - without a doubt the easiest weapon to aim. Very useful at closerange as more bullets will hit.

Home Stage - Jungle
The first level of the NES game was the Jungle and thus would automatically also be the most known one by the players of the game. In the middle of the stage there is a bridge

Hazards:
Soldies, Turrets that shoot randomly.

Exploding Bridge

Stage music:
Stage 1 Music

Assist Trophy - Gunner, shoots a random opponent

Pictures will follow, help is appreciated

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I love contra! Personally I would rather the guys from Hard Corp Uprising (also made by Konami and very contra based) But either would be cool.

Also this would be considered third party, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom