• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voodoo Smash on the Bayou IV

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Louisiana's Smashcon
presents​
Voodoo Smash on the Bayou IV

October 27, 2012

Live stream link:
Smash http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon

Tournament Details:
Venue: Chinese Inn
Address: 9449 Airline Hwy.
Doors open: 11 am
Registration (Brawl Doubles and Singles): 11 am
Tournament starts (Brawl Doubles and Singles): 12:00, no later than 12:30
Registration (All other tournaments): 2 pm
Tournament Starts (All other tournaments): 3:00, no later than 3:30
Tournament Fee: $10 for Brawl (singles and doubles*), $5 for Melee, 64, and UMVC
*$10 per team
Payouts: 60-30-10
Bracket matches will be recorded in compliance with the National Replay System (see details below)

Schedule:
Brawl Doubles: 12-12:30
Brawl Singles: 3:00/ close to the end, if not after doubles
Melee/64/UMvC: 3:00/ when Brawl singles starts

This is a Smashcon sponsored event. As such, the top placers will earn points that go toward their credit for the convention hosted in winter for the Brawl Metaknight Legal tournament. Since the main focus of this tournament is Brawl, the points awarded will be double than normal. The other tournaments will be side events.

Points awarded for Brawl Metaknight Legal:
1st- 12 pts
2nd- 6 pts
3rd- 2 pts

National Replay System: How it works
Inside each wii that will be used as a set-up for Brawl, there will be an SD card. On that SD card will be an infinite replay hack. It already has homebrew and everything else you need on it as well. Here's what you guys need to do and understand:
1) Insert the SD card into the wii
2) Go the the Brawl main menu
3) Go to the Vault, then proceed to custom stages. NOTE: No custom stages can be on your wii or the hack won't work
4) You will see the screen go black as it uploads the hack, then when a menu pops up, select "load game" and then proceed normally from there
5) *IMPORTANT* Do not jump on a bracket match without informing the TO of who you are playing and on what set-up. We have a time stamp program that helps identify players on the recordings. If you don't tell us this, we can't promise your recording will be uploaded to youtube.

This will be repeated at the tournament to make sure people are clear about this. If you have any questions, feel free to ask about it.

Tournament Organizer Notes:
-We will not accept any bills larger than $10 and nothing less than $1.
-No alcoholic drinks or illegal substances allowed.
-If you are late for the tournament we will not add you once we close registration. The only exception is if you call ahead and inform a TO that you will be reasonably* late. *reasonably: 10-15 minutes, no more than that.
-The TO has the right to disqualify someone from a tournament; like if someone is causing too much trouble or other forms of nonsense, will result in a disqualification.
-The TO's have made the rules and they won't change*. If they bother you that much, simply do not attend the tournament. *Rules will only be changed if something was mistakenly left out, they will not be changed because of personal preference.
-Please bring set-ups for anything you can. We (the TO's) will be able to supply for one or two tournaments, so please contribute and help make this tournament run smoothly.

TO Contact info:
If you call or text us, tell us who you are and how long you will be, and for which tournament you will be entering.
Dominic Marasco (Bomber7): Cell- 225-454-0092
Jarious Holiday (Saykin): Cell- 985-634-2360
Stefon Williams (MastaStef): Cell- 985-415-8581

Game Tournaments Offered:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
[COLLAPSE="Details"]
-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*
*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.
-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit
-Metaknight is legal
-Items turned off
-Team attack on
-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles
-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses
-No planking is allowed
-Infinite grab limit up to 300%

Stage list:
Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1, Pirate Ship (Doubles only), Shadow Moses (Doubles only)
Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon[/COLLAPSE]

Super Smash Brothers Melee
[COLLAPSE="Details"]- Items are set to off.
- Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
- Double Blind*: If elected.
- Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
- Neutral Start*: If elected.
- Standard DSR*
- Gentleman’s Clause*
- Forced Character Selection*: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Stage list:
Neutral: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
Counter pick: Pokemon Stadium

Extra Rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

[/COLLAPSE]

Super Smash Brothers 64
[COLLAPSE="Details"]
-5 stocks
-No time limit
-Items turned off
-Normal matches: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5
Neutral: Hyrule, Dreamland, Congo Jungle
[/COLLAPSE]

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
[COLLAPSE="Details"]Double Elimination Tournament
Best 3 out of 5. (Finals Best 4 out of 7)
Loser may switch teams. Winner may not, but winner may use assist buttons prior to match starting to change lead characters.
No Simple Mode. No auto super jump. 99 seconds.
[/COLLAPSE]

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sounds great! I'm always hyped for this tournament every year, so I hope others are as well and I can break my previous record of 25 attendees.

It's also important that people understand I'm offering to have Melee/64/UMvC tournaments, but if people really want them to happen, I not only need set-ups for them, but I need people willing and able to enter. I will do my part as a TO to run all the tournaments as efficiently as possible.

And also mentioned in the TO notes, I might tweak some of the rules and some other details due to me possibly forgetting stuff. I know for 64's rules I'm going to revise because apparently the 64 players in this state play by a different rule set. So for consistency sake, I'm going to change it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That's fine. I also understand AL has a big tournament going on that day too, so I'm not expecting anyone to come. Though it would be nice if those who can't go to that other tourny, would come to this.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oops. My bad. I'll change it to 60-30-10. I copied and pasted a lot from the Get Hype thread to save time, I forgot to carefully look over hat I didn't edit. ^_^'

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Sweet I can probablly attend this. And if Brm 2 is on a Saturday that's 2 tournies I can be at this month. No doubles?

:phone:

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Looks like my beloved Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned. Gone but not forgotten. :'(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We have a week left until this event. As a friendly reminder, please bring exact change for the tournaments you are entering(nothing more than $10/no less than $1), bring set-ups, and please be on time. Also encourage people to attend as well, let's make this big!

'V'

Smash Lord
So who's actually going to this? I may make a special guest appearance depending on which people are all there.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So who's actually going to this? I may make a special guest appearance depending on which people are all there.
To be honest, I have no clue for who specifically is coming (no one ever says; no surprise). On the Smashcon groups on facebook I'm a part of I know at least 8 people have seen the event for this for both the Brawl group and Smash 64 group, and at least 20 for Melee. Assuming everyone who saw it attends, I'm looking at 36 people. That's for Smash alone.

As far as traditional fighters, I've met some people through school who know quite a few people who play traditional fighters, so at fullest potential, we are looking at 36+ people. If you can, encourage the people from Gameware monthlies to attend.

From just talking with people, I'm expecting Marvel and either Brawl or Melee (maybe both), to be my most popular events. We shall see come Saturday, if history repeats itself, we should get more people than last year which was 25 I believe.

I encourage you come just for the heck of it, doesn't matter if you enter a tournament or not. We're here to have fun as always. Dress up in a costume if you'd like.

Bgarr1027

Smash Rookie
me and one other person will be attending. i havent been to any of the br tournaments just wondering how things go down

Bomber7

Smash Hero
me and one other person will be attending. i havent been to any of the br tournaments just wondering how things go down
Everything you need to know is in the information above. I believe you will have a good time. When I announce the date for Voodoo Smash and after the tournament, people always have something good to say about it, so I'm glad that I'm able to provide a tournament that people enjoy going to. I look forward to see you and your friends there. Come dressed up in a costume if you guys want. It's a tradition that people are allowed to dress up. Not all of us do it, but it's still fun nonetheless.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'll probably stop by for at least a little while seeing as how I haven't seen y'all in a while, plus Voodoo has a history of being one of the funnest tourneys of the year.

I don't plan on entering anything, I'm mostly wanting to trash talk a certain someone into oblivion during all of his matches. I have a feeling you probably know who, too. lol

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Wait there's gonna be a live stream at this??? Oh **** betta bring my A game.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wait there's gonna be a live stream at this??? Oh **** betta bring my A game.
Yeah, we finally found some people who will stream for us, we will also be streaming Marvel too. On top of that, we will have commentary this time as well. They are going to be the stream team Smashcon uses for its streamed events. This will be their first time streaming for us, but I'm pretty confident they'll do fine.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Someone tell Lee that if he shows I will 5$ MM his MK with my Sonic bo3.

This also applies to all other MKs that may be there.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I call a spot on commentary since I know more about brawl than most people in our state!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to talk with the stream team to see if they are ok with it. It's their equipment. It'd be rude for someone they don't know to hijack their stream and commentate. I'll see if they would let me pick a person, no more than two people to commentate for brawl.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Be sure to get an interview with ppl, especially Lee cuz ppl on here always be asking bout him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, I'm looking for someone who can carry themselves on livestream. It helps if you know the game but if you are boring about it, no one wants to watch. So that being said, I want charisma.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
dang, was worth a shot. I would, but I cant. He lives pretty far i think, and i wouldnt be able to bring him back, not to mention a party I have to go to right after the tourney...ah wells

Myztek

Smash Ace
I'm gonna hit up a Louisiana tournament soon. Kyo and I wanna take out Lee. I'd go to this one, but it looks like I'll be going to Georgia this weekend.

EDIT:

How many entrants are you guys expecting?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm gonna hit up a Louisiana tournament soon. Kyo and I wanna take out Lee. I'd go to this one, but it looks like I'll be going to Georgia this weekend.

EDIT:

How many entrants are you guys expecting?
Assuming everyone who knows about this from facebook groups (for smash) alone attends? 36+ people. This isn't counting the traditional fighter groups that know about this who play marvel.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm just outside of Shreveport now, which means I won't make doubles obviously (sorry Brawlman I was looking forward to it).
I will however make it in time for singles (Around 2:45-3) so don't start without me!
Keep me updated

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys I'm just outside of Shreveport now, which means I won't make doubles obviously (sorry Brawlman I was looking forward to it).
I will however make it in time for singles (Around 2:45-3) so don't start without me!
Keep me updated

Sounds good. Drive safe. Right now we don't have many people here, there's 6 of us right now. So the tournament will most likely start later as usual. I can't really anything yet until 12:30 rolls around. I'm sure people will pour in for about that time.

Also I made a typo, I accidentally said that brawl singles would start the same time as doubles. Obviously, I won't do that. I'll start it around 3 ish like the other tournies.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Excellent. I have a full setup as usual, and it's just me in the car.
Also I just talked to Curlz and he said he might come for singles :).
And yeah, we all know everyone loves to show up right when the tourney is set to start...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We have 8 teams for doubles, we are quickly breezing through the bracket. So far a lot of great matches so far. Six teams remain thus far. We still have plenty of time before registration closes for Brawl singles and the other tournaments. I'm expecting us to end doubles on time so as mentioned before, doubles will end about 3-3:30, registration will close and we will start.

Top Bottom