• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're Too Slow 3: SD Monthlies

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327537
9-29-12
Brawl Singles Bracket:

1: JMan :sonic: $35
2: WINNA :sheik: $10
3: gerrrmy :dedede: $5
4: Selodin :marth:, :ike:
5: Wartusk :zerosuitsamus:
5: Frank :mariobrawl:
7: LEGEND :metaknight: :ike:
7: Klee :lucas:
9: Kip :sheik:
9: Kurunir :pikachubrawl: :toonlink:

Brawl Doubles Bracket:

1: "Smash.... *chuckles*"- gerrrmy :dedede: and WINNA :snake: $35
2: "Oh My Goodness, Oh My Damn!"- JMan :sonic: and Selodin :wario:, :ike:, :pikachubrawl:, :metaknight: (forfeited GFs, ran out of allotted venue time.) $10
3: 0utLawz- LEGEND :metaknight: and Kobo :peach: $5
4: "Just the tip...."- Wartusk :lucas: and Kurunir :pikachubrawl:
5: Sloot- Klee :lucas: and Kip :sheik:

Melee Singles Bracket:

1: Selodin :falcomelee: :foxmelee: $6.60
2: JMan :falconmelee: $4.40
3: Kobo :peachmelee:
4: WINNA :peachmelee:
5: LEGEND :foxmelee:
5: gerrrmy :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Kurunir :falcomelee:
7: Wartusk :sheikmelee:
9: JEFE :marthmelee:
9: Kip :sheikmelee:
9: Klee :younglinkmelee:

Melee Doubles Bracket:

1: "Oh My Goodness, Oh My Damn!"- :JMan :falconmelee: and Selodin :falcomelee:, :foxmelee: $12
2: LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOY- Kobo :peachmelee:, :foxmelee: and LEGEND :foxmelee:
3: "Smash.... *chuckles*"- gerrrmy :jigglypuffmelee: and WINNA :peachmelee:
4: "Just the tip...."- Wartusk :sheikmelee: :younglinkmelee: and Kurunir :falcomelee:
5: Melissa- JEFE :marthmelee: and DANY :samusmelee:
7: Sloot- Klee :younglinkmelee: and Kip :sheikmelee:

Not great for a turnout, and also not terrible, all things considered. THANK YOU ALL for playing BOTH games. Brawl dragged on the Melee crownd, and Melee dragged on the Brawl crowd. Way to step it up guys, this is good for our community.

Shoutouts to come soon....

SHOUTOUTS!!!

1- Random pool guy. Creeper staring in for a good 20 minutes. Shout Out for having the time of you're life that day bruh.

2-WINNA- Your Brawl Sheik is getting pretty beastly. You/gerrrmy's continued playing is closing the skill gap faster than I'd care to admit, honestly. Keep it up and you two wont ever let me win again, lol. GJ on taking a 2nd
Brawl Singles Top two: WINNA (left) JMan (right)

3- gerrrmy- You D3 still terrifies me. In game 2 when you gimped me I was so tempted to suicide and rush it to game 3, lol. You do not let me do what i want to with my Sonic, and that's key. I also think you adapt to me adapting better than anyone else does. Extremely close set. Good **** on teams. Sorry time/Selodin and I being Brawled out. Next time we'll run it smoothly and give you the real deal :)
Brawl Doubles Top 2 Teams: Selodin (far left) JMan (middle left) and gerrrmy (middle right) WINNA (far right)

4- LEGEND- Shout out to that LULZY WF's comment in Melee doubles. You're fox got wrecked by Selodin's Link. "How come it has so much priority?" Selodin says "It's a twirling blade of death, duh!" TOO GOOD :awesome:
Melee Doubles Top 2 Teams : LEGEND (far left) Kobo (middle left) Selodin (middle right) JMan (far right)

5- Kobo- Your Peach was wrecking shop on everyone except me and Selodin. Stop johning dude. You literally wrecked me the weekend prior 4 games in a row pretty convincingly. Get the tournament jitters out of your head, and do what you do well: edgegaurd us, lmfao. Congrats on playing in only 3 tournaments in your life, and taking 2nd in dubz, 3rd in singles :)

6- Selodin- You played solid as hell man. Your falco was giving me the business, and you pretty solidly bodied the competiton, myself included. I got MAYBE 2 sick combos, you basically wrecked my day in both WFs and GFs, good ****. We should play some this week, if i can get off RE6 for a bit :p
Melee Singles Top 2: Selodin (left) JMan (right)

7-Wartusk- Dude... sorry i was such a ****-head. It didn't really register to me that you drove 6+hrs to play, and I played you in 2 friendlies. That's grounds for a smash party-foul, lol. I was getting brawled out and congested with how disorganized running 3 events at once was going, so that's on me. Next time, I'll let you play my Sonic till your hearts content, deal?

8- Kurunir- I saw your pikachu, and it was waaaaaaaay better than the anime con. How are you training/who are you playing against? I wanted to friendly your toon link, but time wasnt really allowing it. Next time dude.

9- Klee- I definatley did urban dictionary Sloot, and laughed for a good long while. I think you withholding that information built up the suspense. Still glad I didnt fight your Lucas in bracket. :awesome:

10- Kip- For never playing, your Sheik was beast. I know everything about Sonic is non-standard to Smash, and that's why he can be so effective, he's random and different. Hopefully you come back again

11- Frank- Dude, you johning about team attack was ****ing hilarious. You have played a lot and do well. Just come and practice teams for like and hr or 2 solid with me, we'll get you straight on it.

12- JEFE/DANI+ Ellsworth Tower random pop-ins: thanks for coming, eating pizza, and deucing out. Buzzards :p

13- LEGEND- At McDonald's, discussing how we each did and why, Kobo says "I wouldn't want to team against LEGEND's fox, but I'm more scared of teaming WITH it! He UpSmashed me sooooo much..." and LEGEND look me DEAD in the eye and says "Man, I know, JMan you like... 10 out of 10 times know what I'm gonna do. *Selodin/JMan/Kobo look around, as if to confirm what we just heard* *burst into laughter* I look LEGEND dead in the eye, tap my temple and say "We in there...."

14- All the ppl who said they were coming, and didn't. Y'all scared?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
How does Sonic beat DeDeDe?

Top 5 Sonic.

Would be interested in seeing how these matches look now, melee specifically.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
How does Sonic beat DeDeDe?

Top 5 Sonic.

Would be interested in seeing how these matches look now, melee specifically.
Will be one of my shoutouts. Last stock game 3, I won game 1 on FD. Game 2 I got gimped at arond 45% first stock. By the third stock it was me at 90% and him somewhere around 150%. I tripped trying to DDP into grab, free Utilt :/. It was the toughest set for me of the tournament.

Also, yes, I'm thinking of going to by a capture device like Dazzle so i can get some vids up. Get some critiques and whatnot. I know we're getting better, but the progress is minimal since we inevitably get into habits and hard predictions from playing the same 3 ppl so much.

brobot

Smash Rookie
8- Kurunir- I saw your pikachu, and it was waaaaaaaay better than the anime con. How are you training/who are you playing against? I wanted to friendly your toon link, but time wasnt really allowing it. Next time dude.

Ha, I showed him how to quick attack cancel thunder and he took out one of Klee's stocks with that. ;)

Top Bottom