• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash 9 "Get it While its Hot" Results!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Melee Singles

1: Peepee ($45.00)
2: Boss ($22.50)
3: BlackChris ($7.50)
4: Undesyded
5: Karn
5: SilenceVector
7: David
7: EMB
9: JMH
9: Corey
9: Cmac
9: Moses
13: Connor
13: Charlie
13: Matt
13: Bees
17: Oscar

ProjectM Singles

1: Peepee ($36.00)
2: Boss ($18.00)
3: 2% ($6.00)
4: David
5: Archer
5: Karn
7: Juno McGrath [forfeit]
7: stingers
9: Waldorf
9: Killanator
9: SilenceVector
9: Charlie

Brawl Doubles

1: If its not white it's not right (Boss + Korn) ($48.00)
2: 20 Black Guys and Waldorf on Piano (Stingers + Waldorf) ($24.00)
3: Mitt Romney 2012 (Peepee + Archer) ($8.00)
4: Scotty Doesnt Know (H1N1 + Steve)
5: Mario Beats his Snake (Yogi + 313)
5: Billy and Chuck (Taj + Stockfield)
7: Master Thieves (Ankh + Noob)
7: Undecided (Kill + Dull Razor)

Brawl Singles

1: Boss :luigi::gw:/ Korn :metaknight::snake::dedede: (Split) ($40)
3: stingers :rob::pit::metaknight: ($10)
4: Waldorf :dk2::warioc:
5: Stockfield :snake:
5: Peepee :marth:
7: H1N1 :metaknight::fox::popo:
7: Archer :toonlink::metaknight:
9: Ankh :marth:
9: V1CE :metaknight::falco: :olimar: :snake: :dk2: :gw: :mario2: :luigi2: and :marth:
9: Taj :metaknight:
9: Cory :dedede:
----Pools Cutoff---
13: Dr. Yogi :mario2::pikachu2:
13: Uncle :bowser2:
13: 313 :snake:
13: Killanator :yoshi2:
17: Leo :falco:
17: DullRazor :rob:
17: Noob :random:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
if I had gotten less than 4th I woulda regretted this, I'm way too far behind on work now.
shoulda gone back with sanketh.
but i still represented so it's good. also FIRST OKAY PLACING AT A METAKNIGHT NOT BANNED TOURNEY. seriously. **** that.
shoutouts later when I'm not drowning in papers.

archer.

Smash Lord
Steve says he used :falco: :olimar: :snake: :dk2: :gw: :mario2: :luigi2: and :marth: ... lol

Brian didn't use :falco:, just :popo: :metaknight: and :fox:

Nima says he only won with :bowser2:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
1: Boss / Korn (Split) ($40) - As expected.
3: stingers ($10) - Yo get bodied son ;) (nice tournament)
4: Waldorf - Who are you and why were you amazing at this
5: Stockfield - Good job stock
7: Archer - smh
9: Taj - wtf man you were supposed to **** then lose first round to DK??
13: Uncle - Life
13: 313 - I thought you were **** and beat stingers and stuff

stingers

Smash Obsessed
My motivation in doubles losers finals: "I can't let a team named Mitt Romney 2012 get 2nd place."

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Shoutouts (In No Particular Order):

First, to the NC dewds I haven't seen in a minute, glad I could make it to a tourney where a bunch of you were at. It was super good to see Vice & Stingers again, as well as meet some new people. Lotta new faces in two years!

Second, Congrats to Korn/Boss for winning. I <3 NC, but I give thumbs up to the folks who do work and win

Third, thanks for teaming Killa. Would love to do it again sometime. I had my good (and bad) moments, but I thought it went well enough.

Fourth, to Jaurice- thanks for the MM. I got lazy after I won game one, couple that with you adapting + keeping me stuck in precarious positions, and there ya go. Good to see you've improved so much since the last time we played. Good ish. *thumbs up*

Fifth, good ish to everyone for improving so much since I've been gone. I got a lot of catching up to do.

To folks in my pool:
I am srsly not as bad as my showing indicates. When stingers said it was pools, I thought: "This is a good chance to get a feel for how much things have progressed under zero pressure", so I took the approach of just more or less "actively watching" how matches played, even while playing, as I knew Korn, Waldorph, and H1N1 were going to make it out. Couple that with me being under the influence of medication following surgery (hence why my GF was there... she was my driver as I can't drive on this stuff) and the loopiness of said medication- and there we go. Its the main reason I was sitting by myself a lot, and didn't play many friendlies.

Ankh, fun friendlies. Would like to mm ya sometime so we can get some serious matches in. ^^

No johns tho, I've no problems admitting you guys were all good (props to Korn/Waldorph for being in top 4) and would have beaten me otherwise most likely- but it would have been much closer. Of course, I'll have to attempt to prove this at the next tournament.

Stingers, Always good to see ya dewd. Make use of that thing I showed ya if you can until I play around with it some more and maybe find something cool with it. Good/Fun tourney. Ill have to make the drive up again sometime.

All in all, it was a fun time, and I'll have to do it again. It was a fun time, and a great learning experience to get me re-adjusted to the speed of the game against players more skilled than I . Now that I've got that outta the way, time to do work.

DestinedPharaoh

Smash Rookie
That was a lot of fun. I played about a million friendlies. Thanks to Karn for giving me advice during our set and for switching to a different character to give me a better chance. Played with a lot of people but didn't get all your names. Someone beat me with the entire cast in friendlies. I didn't get his name but he used the in-game tag "red" and had a black beard.

Wish I could have stayed longer, but I really had to go. Glad to meet everyone and looking forward to next time.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Uncle :(

Who'd you lose to?

:phone:
I got bodied by H1N1's ICs (no surprise).

Korn went D3 and Snake. He just plain outplayed the hell out of everyone in our pool, lol. Only H1N1 took a game off.

I did well against Waldorf's DK, but I lost when came down to the clutch.

And finally, I won against Dull Razor. Only top 3 made it out of each pool.

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
That was a lot of fun. I played about a million friendlies. Thanks to Karn for giving me advice during our set and for switching to a different character to give me a better chance. Played with a lot of people but didn't get all your names. Someone beat me with the entire cast in friendlies. I didn't get his name but he used the in-game tag "red" and had a black beard.

Wish I could have stayed longer, but I really had to go. Glad to meet everyone and looking forward to next time.
That was me homie. Keep coming to stuff! It was fun.

Also, thanks to everyone for the good time. On the way out, after hyping up sushi nine, I got to show EMB the awesome.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
shoutouts for some things:
Nima: shiiiiit your bowser mang. that was too close for comfort.
Stockfield: I just want to play you all the time
PP: cargo teehee. also doubles.
Stingers: you already know what you did to that poor marth and mk. 168 edge grabs.
all those OoS: bodied me argh
i forgot the other people but yeh, fun tournament. weird being there at the end with just me, Stingers, and the 3 OoS guys -_- that was weird.
also
special shoutout to
STRAURICE
FOR NEVER MMING ME
MMMMMM IM COMIN FOR YOU JREECE GET READY.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
shouting at you

stingstong- great tourney dude as always. these things are too good and a great service for the community. keep it up.

your plan worked in doubles, it was quite impressive. I only expect it to work once though ;)

Korn- good talk =)

Taj- GGs man!

Boss- Wtf your P:M Mario LOL I may actually have to practice that game stop plz

Jreece- play me.

Killa- thanksssss for the ride man! great talkin to ya as usual haha. also laaaame we were in the same pool =(

Archer- don't blame yourself I was also a noob that last game. it's TEEEEEEEEMS takes 2 bruh. we must go back to da theory lab =)

brian- WAKE UP DUDE

steeeeeeveeee- mario party 4 sucks dude you THINK I PLAY THAT TRASH PLEASE!!!

Nima- KING CRANDEL!!! always a pleasure mayn

Shady- LMFAOOOOOOO

Sushi- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL

Knorr- wtf comin out guns blazing in P:M too goodz

Waldorf- shucks

yeroc- we must converse! with our busy lives!

chris- japes

karn- STOP EATING MY GOLDFISH =( but nice food talk =)

david- LMAOOOOOO

josh- strange tourney performances, but you got this

lucas- you smell gud

dylan- SWEET tag bruh

cam- wtf dude

alright im tired that's mostly everyone. lemme know if I missed ya!

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Shoutouts.. super tired

Alex - of course, thanks a lot for housing, fun hanging out with ya, I really appreciated it. And finally get to play you in singles.... xD

Stockfield - it was great to see you again, plus first time playing friendlies with you since long time ago.

PP - I don't want to play you in singles again for a while............... =/ I was so damn nervous during the last game, last stock.
And thanks for answered my question, it was interesting.

Uncle - I had a great time joking around with you about WWE stuff looool made my day.

Vice - awesome to see you again

Jaurice - step it up already son..

To everyone who think I'm bad at singles, suck it! loool
Also I need to start practicing Brawl again... so I can do a lot better in tourneys.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Anti-shoutout to rain and football fans. Here's hoping there's a home game next month.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got bodied by H1N1's ICs (no surprise).

Korn went D3 and Snake. He just plain outplayed the hell out of everyone in our pool, lol. Only H1N1 took a game off.

I did well against Waldorf's DK, but I lost when came down to the clutch.

And finally, I won against Dull Razor. Only top 3 made it out of each pool.
There's no shame in losing to ICs and D3. Lemme know if you need some tips vs DK and Snake!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
There's no shame in losing to ICs and D3. Lemme know if you need some tips vs DK and Snake!

Acutally, I got some videos from recent tourneys that I'm going to post links to in our video thread soon, so I'll definitely want some critique/tips.

archer.

Smash Lord
There was someone recording Project M matches at this wasn't there? Are those gonna be uploaded?

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
There was someone recording Project M matches at this wasn't there? Are those gonna be uploaded?
Yes they are, Arch. They are in the process of being compressed for youtube upload. Expect them sometime this weekend if I'm lucky. I have to go to a friends house to upload them since my internet is worse than god awful.

In total I have about 9 matches I think to upload. For the record, I'm a halo player with a brief history in Competitive Smash... Ive recorded smash in the past but that was like 5 years ago. I had an awesome time on saturday and cant wait for you guys to see your gameplays online!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
thank ye =] this tourney in particular though I happened to go bowser most of the tourney and got scraped.
I did go charizard one round against this guy named knorr(2% in the OP) who plays bowser also, but he beat me anyway. that guys pro.

Top Bottom