• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ya Dad's Super Smash Flash 2 Tournament!

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice

Click here for the livestream link
Saturday, November 3rd, 2:00pm Eastern Standard

Bring your own Controllers! A Compaq SDM4540UL keyboard will be provided for keyboard AND gamepad players who don't bring their own supplies.

Equipment used:
- Custom built PC with
- Core i7 Lynnfield 2.93 ghz
- Radeon HD 5830
- 12 GB DDR3 Dual Channel Ram (3x 4GB sticks)
- Windows 7 Ultimate

- 30" Sony HD Trinitron KV-30HS420 (picked for no input lag)

Address: 5805 Pocono Mesa North, Speedway IN 46224

Schedule: 1:30pm - Friendlies/Warm-ups
2:00pm - Singles
45 minute Recess (There are fast-food restaurants under a mile away)
Doubles will start after the Recess concludes

Entry Fee: $10 Singles, $20 Doubles from each team

Payouts: 75% 1st place
25% 2nd place

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULESET FOR YA DAD'S SSF2 TOURNEY:

- Items set to "off"
- 3 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack set to "on"
- No pausing allowed. 1st offense, forfeit stock. 2st offence, forfeit Round. No exceptions.
- Double Elimination
- Dave's Stupid Rule Modified (A player cannot pick the same stage he or she won on during the same round)
- Gentleman's Clause (Any stage, including banned ones, may be picked as long as BOTH players agree to it. This takes priority over DSRM)

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
WarioWare
Smashville

Counterpick:
Tower of Salvation
Yoshi's Island
Chaos Shrine
Jungle Hijinx
Saturn Valley
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Waiting Room

- - - - - - - - Order of a Set (how to play tournament style)- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A Set will consists of best two (2) out of three (3) Rounds. Semi-Finals and Finals will be best three (3) out of five (5) Rounds.

ROUND 1
1. Both players pick a character via Double-Blind pick (neither person knows who the opponent's character choice is. This will be done by writing your character choice on the post-it note provided by one of the TO's.)

2. Stage Striking 1-2-2-1 occurs (From the list of Neutral Stages, Player 1 strikes out a stage. Then player 2 strikes out two (2) stages. The Round starts on the only stage left.

ROUND 2
1) The player that won the previous Round announces a Stage Ban. This stage cannot be used as a Counterpick by the opposing player this Set.
2) The player that lost the previous Round announces a Counterpick Stage. This stage is selected from the Counterpick or Neutral list.
3) The player that won the previous Round then picks a character.
4) The player that lost the previous Round picks a character and the Round is played out (the first player can NOT change his character after the opponent has chosen his).

ALL ROUNDS AFTER THE SECOND ROUND FOLLOW THE RULES IN ROUND 2.
--------------------------------

If you have any questions about anything I may have left out, leave a post or PM me. Good luck, and if you aren't there in person, be sure to watch it via livestream!

EDIT: Added livestream link, swapped Waiting Room/Smashville, clarified Round 2 Rule 2. Thanks for the suggestions Void!

EDIT2: Got rid of Windows 8 RP because of sound issues, overclocking issues which made SSF2 run slower, BSODs (which happened during a livestream) and other glitches which would require making another frikin thread to talk about. Now running Windows 7 Ultimate.

EDIT3: Added date and time of livestream right under the livestream link for those of you coming from McleodGaming's Facebook page that don't know where the date and time are listed on SmashBoards.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Hype.

You should put a link to your stream in the OP. Also if it were up to me I would switch Smashville and Waiting Room (WR is pretty much a bigger FD, while Smashville is pretty much universally regarded as one of the better competitive stages), but it's your tournament and all. Looking forward to watching this regardless!

EDIT: I might be reading this wrong, but are you not allowed to select a counterpick from the neutrals list?

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Wait... Speedway Indiana you say
I take it you're close? I would LOL if you live here because if that's the case I probably know you already XD

EDIT: just read it. Clown Prince of INDIANA. I'm a moron

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Over 1,000 views since posting the thread?? insane!

I hope at least 10 of the ppl that have viewed this thread show up, but from my experience, that's pretty rare lol #hoping this tourney isn't a flop

EDIT: oh yeah, and the tourney is this weekend. hope to see you guys there!

ghostcampa

Smash Rookie
pregunta

entonces tenemos ke ir a un lugar en especifico para entrar al torneo o va a ser online :?:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
While I do not believe google translate is totally reliable, this appears to be an in-person tournament so you would have to be in Speedway, IN to enter.

Also spanish huh?

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
There was only 1 person that came by seeing the tourney thread in Smashboards, so between him and my friends, there were like five people that entered. The turnout was bad, but it didn't discourage me from hosting another tournament for this year. McleodGaming went ahead and advertised the tourney on their Facebook page and their official website homepage, so hopefully we have more people that enter this year!

Top Bottom