• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Crusade Series 5 - ALSM's Last Brawl Tourney

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!

PLEASE BRING SETUPS IF YOU CAN! THIS WILL HELP THE TOURNAMENT RUN FAST AND SMOOTH. ALSO, PLEASE ARRIVE EARLIER THAN NOON; SIGNUPS START AROUND 11AM, SO THE EARLIER EVERYONE IS HERE, THE SOONER WE CAN START, THE SOONER WE CAN END AND ON TIME. THANKS IN ADVANCE! ^_^

Address: 6212 McCart Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76133

Fees:

Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)

Payouts for Singles/Doubles:

19 or less entries: 70/20/10
20 or more entries: 60/30/10

Apex Ruleset (modified)!

Stagelist:

Neutrals (Starters) - Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks - Halberd, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Rules: -3 Stock; 8 Min. Timer.
-Items set to off and none.
-Pause set to off.
-Team attack on.
-Share-stock is allowed in Doubles event.
-40 ledge grab limit for all characters.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Time outs are determined by whoever has more stock, or less percent if stock is tied. If a player goes over their LGL at time out, they lose the game. If both players exceed the LGL, the LGL ruling is nullified.
-If both players are tied exactly at time out, a 1 stock 3 minute rematch will be played. The LGL for this rematch is 15.
-In teams at time out, LGL is in effect if one player on a team goes over the LGL. If one or more players from both teams go over the LGL, the rule is nullified.
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
-All chain grabs and infinites are legal up to 300%.
-Scrooging rule: Must land on the main stage and make contact (either you or your opponent hit confirms on the other) before going under the stage to the other side again. Failure to follow this rule will result in a game loss. Don't be that guy.
-Double MK is banned in Doubles event.

-Players/Teams decide on priority by agreement, or a side game like Rock Paper Scissors or GaW Hammer if they can not decide. Winner gets to choose if they want port priority or stage priority. Whichever option they don't pick, the other team/player gets. Team/Player with port priority picks whichever port they want first. Team/Player who gets stage priority strikes the first stage.
-Stage striking goes in the order 1-2-1 (Team/Player A strikes 1 stage, Team/Player B strikes 2 stages, Team/Player A strikes 1 stage).
-After a match is finished, the loser may request to repick controller ports, and if so, they have first pick at ports.
-All teams must follow the 1-2-2-1 port layout.
-Each team/player is allowed one stage ban per set.
-After a match is finished, the previous winner bans a stage if they haven't yet that set. The previous loser then picks the stage for the next game. Then the winner picks their character(s) followed by the loser.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: A team/player may not go back to the same stage they previously won on in the set unless agreed upon by both teams/players.

D

Deleted member

Ugh, I wish I had a ride to these and back. If I did I'd come to all of these :(

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
thanks for posting the thread a month in advance I'm like 95% sure I can attend since you did :)

Edit: Wow, just saw the Megabus ticket prices for SA-Dallas on Nov. 16th and the ticket for 18th to return, I'd basically be spending $40 just to go, then another $25 for singles and doubles :/ then money for food/gas money for 2 days, looking at a $100+ trip w/o me even Money Matching people :/

We'll see what happens I guess.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea I was looking a that too, I don't know why tickets got so expensive for going to Dallas months in advance. Its like 19$ across the board. Maybe holiday season just bumped up the prices since alot of people will be traveling then.

I'm actually done with traveling until next year anyway.

Shaft

Smash Rookie
Okay I'll see what I can do. Going to look like a random scrub though because I don't post on here. I posted on the fb group anyway but no luck so far.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I"m attending this.
It's your last tournament man, gotta be apart of it.
Besides, it's been too long.
I know alot has happened, but I still like to play brawl, so count me in.

I"ll get the day off asap.

Oh and btw ALSM, do you still have my copy of brawl?
It's moving around somewhere, I left it in Kovu's wii a while ago.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I"m attending this.
It's your last tournament man, gotta be apart of it.
Besides, it's been too long.
I know alot has happened, but I still like to play brawl, so count me in.

I"ll get the day off asap.

Oh and btw ALSM, do you still have my copy of brawl?
It's moving around somewhere, I left it in Kovu's wii a while ago.
Lol this.

:190:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Can't go anymore. Freaking work, sorry Aerolink I really wanted to team with you at your last event really badly. Good luck, have fun with Link :)

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Would love to attend this, since my boss coincidentially gave me this Fri-Sun off, and I'd have time to attend. I'd need a form of transportation, and I'd really rather not pay ~$40 for the megabus tickets.
Willing to Dish out $10-15 for carpool tho.

Top Bottom