• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mysterious Trainer N joins the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sinse this moveset went over so well on the Pokemon Trainer thread I thought I'd post it in it's own.

The young king of Team Plasma, N seeks to bring balance to the world by separating Humans and Trainers to make Black and White distinct. Contrary to how his goals sound N is very close to Pokemon considering them friends on equal terms.

As I see it N wouldn't sit back and just bark orders at his friends, they'd all do the work together. N enters the fray as the Playable one.

N's playstyle is similar to summoner type characters in other fighting games. He is light and his special attacks are telegraphed but he's able to move around while his friends lock down space and block damage.

Jabs and tilts: punches and kicks
F-Smash: Vanilluxe
- Vaniluxe appears in front of N and gives a short blast of cold air that hits multiple times
U-Smash: Siglyph
- Siglyph briefly appears above N's head and damages those it touches.
D-Smash: Zorua
- N sweeps the ground in front of him while Zorua attack the ground behind him

B: Staryu
- N sends out Staryu who does rapid spin in front of him before firing off swift, albeit a lot less than the original version.
B-Side: Marill
- Marill runs out and rams the opponent. Last less time than pokeball counter part
B-up: Klingklang
- N holds on to the underside of KlinKlang which spins and floats upwards
B-down: Zoroark
- Zoroark appears and assumes N's form, following him and copying his non-special attacks. Lasts 8 seconds and ends if Zoroark is attacked.

N-air: Koffing
- Koffing appears and surrounds N with damaging Gas
F-air: Woobat
- Woobat thrusts it's nose forwards
B-air: Joltik - Joltik leaps off N's back, electorcuting any foes behind
U-air: Klink - Klink floats above N's head, dealing multiple hits
D-air: Darmanitan - Darmanitan does a two fisted punch below N

Taunts
1: Pets Zorua
2: Releases a Pidove
from his hands

3: Takes off his cap (Like in his BW2 art)

FINAL SMASH
Hero of Ideals: N summons Zerkrom (or Reshiram, which would be Hero of Truth) who attack the stage similar to Latias/os but much larger in size and fewer times.

Win Poses

1. N sits with Zorua
2. Poses with his Dragon in the background
3. Plays around with his cube.

What do you think?

jigglover

Smash Lord
That final smash sounds broken. Very broken actually. You should probably change it.
But anyway, make a list of supporters and put me on top, I actually put N in my roster!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I loved N's character development and usage of Pokemon in the Pokemon Black/White games, sign me in. After all, he did gain a lot of supporters in the VG Charts poll becoming the most requested Pokemon character in America. ;)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I updated the OP with some new moves and winposes

D

Deleted member

His moveset reminds me of Yugi.

I oddly support this.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't like it, I gotta be honest. But if it serves to keep Zoroark out of the way, as it seems, I'm totally going to support this.
Anyway I think a trio à la Pokémon Trainer would work better.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I really want N to be on the roster. The way I've always imagined him though is with him in the background like Pokemon Trainer, but he only has one Pokemon with him. The player can choose at the beginning of the match to have either Zekrom or Reshiram but can't play as both. Their movesets would be mostly the same, but maybe semi-clone of each other. I think that would be unique.

He should have Reshiram/Zekrom as part of his moveset if he's a character, but it doesn't make sense, based of the games, for him to have both. And it doesn't really seem like he owns the pokemon, it's like Ash to Pikachu as for him and the legendary go. So the entrance would be an arrival from a pokeball.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
It might be nice in theory, but wouldn't it be a cluster**** of pokémon everywhere when N is doing combos? You'd constantly have pokémon popping up, every few frames.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
By sheer coincidence it appears that Marill and Koffing represent Black and White 2 pretty well with Azurill being available early and Roxie's Koffing affinity.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder though would people classify N as a hero or a villain in this big ol' smash needs more villains argument.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, you'd count him as a dedede, seems like a villain then turns into a hero. So what do you count dedede as?

Actually, that's just black, I don't know what he is in b2.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
N's view on the world are completely reformed in white 2/black 2. He's definitely a good guy at heart. Even in the first game, he only had good intentions. Ghetsis just manipulated and twisted up his thoughts so much that he thought what he was doing was justice.

I'd definitely count him as a good guy now.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he'd be making it,having him as a playable character wouldn't work,he'd be in league with giant monkeys,dragon-turtles, and who knows what else,he's a normal human...it's just weird...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
N's view on the world are completely reformed in white 2/black 2. He's definitely a good guy at heart. Even in the first game, he only had good intentions. Ghetsis just manipulated and twisted up his thoughts so much that he thought what he was doing was justice.

I'd definitely count him as a good guy now.
pretty much this. his travels with Zekrom/Reshiram enlighten his views, so he goes from an anti-villain to a true hero.

Ghetsis on the other hand... is pure evil.

D

Deleted member

Uh... aren't mario and luigi just (fat) regular humans with a job in plumbing from the mushroom kingdom?
There's hardly anything normal about Mario and Luigi.

Best example of a normal human in Smash would be Snake, but even then, he's a trained supersoldier clone of another trained supersoldier.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With the next Gen of Pokemon coming out soon I wonder if N would make a good Gen V rep. He's certainly got more plot relevance than most.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
With Gen 6 out soon, I have gut feeling that Gen 5 would get the Gen 3 treatment. (pokéballs, trophies and stickers)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I added the rest of his air attacks. I hope the Wii U can handle multiple models better than the Wii could. (Load times for Sheik? Sheesh!)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think N would be better if he was like the Pokemon Trainer, only he uses 6 Pokemon and you are able to switch to them with choice to pick 3 Pokemon before a match. He would use dark horse Pokemon candidates that are from Gen I to Gen 6:
1. Gengar
2. Scizor
3. Blaziken
4. Gallade
5. Scrafty
6. 6th Gen Pokemon

This well represents the most requested Pokemon of each generation.
Although you can change the list if you want if you don't like the Pokemon listed.

Although in the anime, N is able to summon Pokemon by sensing when in need, One time N summoned out two Alolamola to heal Ash's Pikachu from poison. So it would be something very unique, but it would make this character very unpredictable and all scrambled up IMO.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Natural Harmonia Gropius, known as "N" because his full name is stupid, is a pokemon trainer of the Unova region in Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. He aspires to create a world where Pokemon and Humans live equal yet separate lives, where Pokemon are no longer captive to man. He is the king of the Pokemon rights activist group, Team Plasma. As such he is a primary antagonist for most of the game. Upon reaching the dwelling place of the legendary dragons Zekrom and Reshiram, he seizes control of either one the hero does not receive and aptly challenges him to a final battle.

TrainerN.jpg
(Pic made by me)​
Trainer N, as his name in Smash could be, would be a very interesting replacement or even just a separate newcomer for the series. Zekrom and Reshiram are fairly still relevant considering B&W and B&W2 were released within the last few years. Zekrom and Reshiram also dont fit into the category of being too large, as they are around Bowser size, with Zekrom at 9 feet tall and Reshiram at 10. N's design alone is somewhat unique among Pokemon characters, and his character was a very unique rival among Pokemon rivals. He especially has more of a fleshed-out backstory than most Pokemon characters, besides the Pokemon themselves. What is your opinion on this idea? Constructive critisism and ideas would be very appreciated! ^u^ I worked really hard on this and it took me forever @_@

Moveset Ideas

Zekrom
Having smaller wings than Reshiram and weighing more, Reshiram is slower and is a close-range character accelling in ground combat capabilities.

Specials
--------
Neutral B: Thunderbolt (chargable)- A mid-to-long range move that travels in a wave across the ground. Hold B to charge and release to fire. The longer the button is held, the farther and stronger the bolt. Charge can be saved and is canceled if hit during charge.
Up B: Fusion Bolt- Zekrom becomes electricaly charged, jumps into the air, and rockets diagonally down-forward.
Down B: Light Screen- A counter. If hit, emits an electric shock from Zekroms body.
Side B: Dragon Claw- Slashes forward in an X shape which fires out a flaming X that travels a short distance away.
FS: Bolt Strike- Charges electricity for a few seconds, harming any who touch Zekrom. Zekrom then rapidly fires electric bolts outward in all directions, randomly, with each bolt causing heavy damage.

Standards
---------
A> a single punch A> thrusts both fists forward with an electric shock.
UTilt- swipes with claw above from front to back.
DTilt- Underhanded sweep in front.
FTilt- Horizontal backhand swipe in front.
USmash- Pulls back and headbutts in a sweep forward.
DSmash- Zekrom hammers downwards on both sides with his arms.
FSmash- Lets out a roar that damages players in close distance in front.
Dash- Performs a slow right hook forward.
NAir- Lets out a small burst of electricity around Zekroms body.
UAir- Fires a tiny bolt of electricity upward.
DAir- Rockets quickly downward with tail pointing down and charged with electricity.
FAir- Does a sweeping punch downward in front.
BAir- Lets out a shock from tail.

Throws
---------
Up- Tosses opponent above and smashes them between Zekroms claws.
Forward- Throws a heavy punch straight into opponent.
Down- Throws opponent to the ground and drills into them with tail.
Back- Tosses opponent diagonally behind and fires an electric bolt at opponent.

Taunt- Switch Pokemon
Reshiram
Having larger wings than Zekrom and weighing less, Reshiram is faster and is a mid-range character with above-average aerial combat capabilities.

Specials
---------
Neutral B: Hyper Beam (chargable)- A mid-to-long range move. Hold B to charge and release to fire. The longer the button is held, the farther and stronger the beam. Charge cannot be saved (like Samus can with her blast), is not dodge-cancelable, and is canceled if hit during charge.
Up B: Fusion Flare- Reshiram jumps into the air (long jump range), stops and fires a large fireball diagonally down-forward.
Down B: Heat Wave- Reshiram flaps his wings once causing a wave of fire to spread around him. Causes burn damage to opponents. When performed in the air the fire fans out downward in a cone shape.
Side B: Fire Fang- Reshiram performs a quick mid-range bite attack in front of him that inflicts burn damage to opponents.

FS: Blue Flare- Reshiram starts burning with blue fire, sucking nearby opponents closer for a few seconds (any who touch Reshiram during this take damage), and then explodes with blue fire causing heavy damage to any near opponents.

Standards
---------
A> single claw swipe A> second claw swipe A> both claws do a cross swipe
UTilt- swings head from front to back above Reshiram.
DTilt- Flaps wings downwards.
FTilt- a quick bite forward.
USmash- Crouches down and points tail upwards, shooting out a single burst of fire upwards.
DSmash- Both claws swipe downwards on each side of Reshiram.
FSmash- Reshiram lifts himself up slightly in the air with his wing and dropkicks forward.
Dash- Does a quick spin with his wings held up horizontally.
NAir- a quick upward claw slash in front of Reshiram.
UAir- a small flame burst fires from Reshirams tail and causes him to do a backwards somersault.
DAir- Shoots a burst of fire from tail downwards
FAir- Fires a small twister forward
BAir- Swings claw backhanded and follows up with the other claw overhanded.

Throws
---------
Hit- Bite
Up- grabs with mouth and throws overhead.
Down- slams opponent to the ground and stomps on them with one foot.
Forward- crosses wings and slashes outward in an X shape.
Back- Pulls opponent behind, jumps, spins around and smacks opponent with Reshirams tail.

Taunt- Switch Pokemon.

bennett999

Smash Rookie
Agreed N is the one that most deserves to become a smasher and have either his castle or Dragonspiral Tower for his stage

Fortanono

Smash Ace
You know, I was thinking. What if N was a trainer who used the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle? My idea is that he uses Munna, Zoroark and Conkeldurr. Moveset coming soon.

bennett999

Smash Rookie
You know, I was thinking. What if N was a trainer who used the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle? My idea is that he uses Munna, Zoroark and Conkeldurr. Moveset coming soon.
you know that would be great and you can use my N signature if you want to

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
I think he'd be a fantastic Gen 5 rep.
The Pokemon I think he'd use are Zoroark, Darmanitan, and Carracosta, as they seem fitting.
But I really like the summoner idea! It fits his personality well and would be a unique way to represent the character.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Necroing because N's Castle got revealed as a stage today, and he wasn't mentioned by name. Meaningful? Maybe. Maaaybeee.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Heh, for a moment I thought this thread was created today because of N's Castle reveal.
But yeah, at least I'm almost certain N will appear in some sort at the new Smash Bros. Trophy at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom