• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Towering Crystal: Spire 4 Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So... we have a Ridley thread, a Ghor and Ghundras thread, a Rundas thread, a Dark Samus thread, but no Prime Hunters. So, why Spire?
  • Sylux would be a clone.
  • Weavel is Samus with a blade.
  • Kanden's friggin' nuts.
  • Trace is not very kid-friendly...(Hey, kids, let's stab Yoshi like a giant pincushion!)
  • ...Was there any others?..
This is Spire, for those who's minds are out of Metroid currently:

Spire would be the new biggest character, standing about the height of three Toon Links, but slumping down. His crystals weigh him down, making him slump. He has a slow walking speed, but a fast running speed, which isn't very normal for a Smash character. Since he has no hands, he cannot grab, also differing him from other characters. He has a great amount of power and top notch, 9.5 endurance, but his jumping ability also weighs him down. He cannot do edge grabs, due to his hammer hands, so he has to rely on his Up Special to help. Onto moveset:
[COLLAPSE="Spire's Moveset"]A: Punches forward, 4%.
AA: Punches forward, then upwards, causing 7%.
AAA: Forward, upward, then hammers downward quickly. 10%.
Side Smash: Charge, then slams forward with his two hammers. 14%.
Up Smash: Turns his arms upside down, causing lag, charges, then staps with his stalactite arms. Starts at 8%, then 7%
Down Smash: Stomps in a trice three times. 5%, 4%, 6%.
Neutral Special: Hot Wax: Shoots hot wax, which can blind the enemy for two seconds. It causes 4% reg. damage, then 2% burn damage.
Side Special: Sharp Spin: Spins his scythe-like arms, causing 6% damage. They move in upward circles instead of sideways. This can also bring him upwards.
Up Special: Wax Wave: Travels upwards for 5 seconds on a wave of hot wax, which, if it hits the opponent and causes 7% damage.
Down Special: Crystal Smash: Smashes the ground with hammer hands, and a wave of crystals, damage weaking as it goes farther, which is about 5 spire spaces. the damage varies from 5%-16%.
Final Smash: Crystal Rage: The crystals on Spire's back grow enormous, and he roars, then rips a crystal the size of Battlefield. He rips it into Bowser-size chunks, and throws them. The chunks cause 37% damage and massive knockback. Small characters like Olimar and Kirby can even be crushed. [/COLLAPSE]
Taunts:
  1. Rotates his arms.
  2. Roars and shakes his hammers.
  3. Takes out a piege of crystal from his body and eats it.
Discuss.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since he was my personal favorite out of the MP:H hunters, I'd love him as new heavyweight fighter. Though, his chances are rather low unless there was a sequel or remake to Hunters.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
The thing that worries me is that he cannot grab which makes mostly recovering a problem for me. I do like his up Special though, so it helps. The thought I had though was that being off the stage almost spells certain doom, so I thought to myself "how do I keep this guy on the field?" and it hit me.

Super armor

I mean, this guy looks bulky as it is, and if you're gonna remove something like grabs, it helps to add something in its place. Plus, it would further keep him grounded. He would still take damage and all, just the removal the knockback and flinching of the first move in a combo. I think it would make him unique.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So... we have a Ridley thread, a Ghor and Ghundras thread, a Rundas thread, a Dark Samus thread, but no Prime Hunters. So, why Spire?
*Gandrayda

And there actually was a thread for Sylux.

Sylux would be a clone.
With the way his Shockcoil and Lockjaw works, who exactly would he be a clone of? And he is kinda given more favor/priority than the other MPH hunters by the devs as shown by his cameo in Prime 3's full ending, so if any hunter from that game were to be in Smash by some miracle, it would probably be him.

Weavel is Samus with a blade.
The only thing they really have in common is some similar designs with their powersuits. Weavel's Battlehammer is completely different from any of Samus's beam weapons, just as his turret alt form is from her morph ball. And unlike Samus, Weave's pretty much a complete cyborg whose only surviving parts that remain are his brain and spinal cord.

Kanden's friggin' nuts.

Trace is not very kid-friendly...(Hey, kids, let's stab Yoshi like a giant pincushion!)
Um.. okay?

And neither is just about the rest of the Metroid cast, so let us not use that as a reason against characters of the franchise.

...Was there any others?..
Noxus.

And just because Spire doesn't have human-shaped hands doesn't mean he couldn't/shouldn't be able to grab opponents. Wouldn't mind though if it had a certain tradeoff for him like that super armor idea Spatial mentioned.

Other than that, okay moveset.

Though, his chances are rather low unless there was a sequel or remake to Hunters.
Yeah, but when has that ever stopped threads like this from being made?

D

Deleted member

I still don't believe that was Sylux at the end of Prime 3.
His ship and the mysterious ship aren't even of the same design.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
They're more or less identical enough regardless. Still wouldn't mind though if that wasn't actually his ship in Prime 3's ending but something else entirely, but I was just going by the general consensus of what that was when I brought it up, so eh...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That guy looks like something in Skylanders

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't really think one of the hunters has the slightest chance. Still, some of them would be incredibly cool, but AFTER Ridley obviously.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Omega Metroid should be the next character after Ridley

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
With the way his Shockcoil and Lockjaw works, who exactly would he be a clone of? And he is kinda given more favor/priority than the other MPH hunters by the devs as shown by his cameo in Prime 3's full ending, so if any hunter from that game were to be in Smash by some miracle, it would probably be him.
I mean that, in the hands of Sakurai, Sylux would be nerfed into a clone of Samus. In case Roy, Luigi, and Ganondorf didn't prove it to you, Sakurai's ignrant about characters from the same series, or sometimes other series, that could make it would become a clone.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I mean that, in the hands of Sakurai, Sylux would be nerfed into a clone of Samus. In case Roy, Luigi, and Ganondorf didn't prove it to you, Sakurai's ignrant about characters from the same series, or sometimes other series, that could make it would become a clone.
Luigi isn't a complete clone. Plus his style makes sense.

Roy's game wasn't out yet. For all we know, Sakurai might not have even known about Roy's moves in the game and just the character.

Your only right about Ganondorf.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Omega Metroid should be the next character after Ridley
That would probably be a more fresh addition than Dark Samus.

Well by that logic, any of the other hunters have potential to be Samus clones (Spire included), despite them all having weapons more different from anything Samus has had outside MPH and alt forms that differ from her morph ball just as greatly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really think that any of the bounty hunters featured in Metroid would be great to have in Smash. if I had to pick one, I'd choose Weavel because he's a Space Pirate. but Spire and Trace would be cool too.

and why does the OP state that Sylux would be a Samus clone?! by that logic, so would the other hunters from Prime Hunters.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Already pointed that out :p, and yeah. Weavel's my favorite out of the MPH hunters too, though I wish there were times you could've used his scythe outside his alt form like in his beginning cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom