• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 10: The Ambush [Stream starts at 1:00pm EST]

Tin Man

Smash Hero

10: The Ambush
@

Hosted by:

Address: 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, November 10th, 2012

Prices

Venue fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20

Payouts:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

*Payouts are subject to change.*

Schedule:

11 am - 9 pm

11:00 am: Doors Open
11:30 am: Registration Begins
12:30 pm: Registration Closes
1:00 pm: Events Begin

*scheduled times are approximate*

Food:

A&C sells water, Coke, Nestea, and Canada Dry for $1

There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection of Spadina & Bloor. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.

Directions:

The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.

[collapse=TTC Subway Map]
[/collapse]
Brawl Rules

Apex Ruleset

General Rules:

No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
Don't smell, please shower
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man (x1)
Poke (x1)
infiniteV115 (x1)
R e d X (x2)

Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 5 (5)

Wii + Brawl:

A&C World (x3)
Fisch (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 4 (4)

TV's:

A&C World (Enough)

Total TV count = Enough

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

A&C World (Enough)

Attendance List:

1. Tin Man [Host]
2. Bing [Host]
3. infiniteV115
4. Toronto Joe
5. R e d X
6. Poke
7. Dan-Da-Man
8. Blacktwins
9. Iliad
10. Inle~Orichas
11. Meekspeedy (maybe)
12. pidgezero_one
13. Yosh
14. Looftwaffles
15. leafshadow
16. Niko_K
17. Blackgold
18. pidgezero_one's brother
19. Astronut
20. Ruinn
21. Fisch
22. Mr. L (maybe)
23. .exe (maybe)

Attendance count = 20 (23)

+ People confirming on Facebook!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Introducing

Follow & Like Vitality :)

About

A new organization with the intentions of hosting and participating in a wide variety of events in as many locations as possible.

Description

Vitality was created in order to allow a group of talented individuals to work together in order to host events at a higher standard. At the moment we are focusing on video game tournaments as we all come from different video game communities. We hope to grow our events, and our exposure so that we may be able to produce exciting content for everyone.

Currently Vitality consists of:

Brad Durish (Bing), Ryan Ford (Unknown522), Simon Sze (Neko) & Tinaye Dune (Tin Man)​

Tin Man

Smash Hero
It's that time of year again!

Loser's pools is back :o

To explain how this system works, when you are in the losers bracket, instead of playing 1 person at a time, you will be placed in a pool of 4. You will then play everyone in your pool and only 1 person will advance. It's been a long time since we last implemented this, so I figured "why not try it again". This system also provides a lot of benefits. The biggest advantage this system offers is the improvement in accuracy of the results. This is what the results would look like if 32 players entered the tourney.

[collapse=Placings]1.
25.[/collapse]

I believe the accuracy that these results present is extremely valuable. Now there is a top 5! Now there is a top 10! This also allows people the opportunity to play more matches in the losers bracket. I believe this would be good in developing the scene since people will have more exposure to playing others in a tournament setting. It also removes some instances of a "lucky bracket" since people will be required to play more sets than before to advance. Unlike the standard double elimination bracket, falling into the losers bracket means falling into...

The Ambush

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I should be able to make it, assuming I don't **** up too much at school and my parents don't already have plans.

If I do make it I'm getting top 16, gotta take that next step.

Edit: Loser's Pools wtf? That sounds awesome! I really hope I can make it :D

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'll be there.
Mark, we teaming at this?

It's funny because SiD5 was the first one with losers' pools, so this is basically a SiD5 #2
5x2=10

icwutudidthar

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Loving the avatar and location, Inle. Nicely done once again.

'Nicely done once again' is an anagram for 'Inle coned Coney again'.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Right. I had this open for an hour 45 minutes and was supposed to say I'm coming to this, Guaranteed.
Bringing the Usual Jazz with me as well.

Hope to see everyone there!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Just a reminder, can people refrain from using hacks that change the in-game aesthetics? ie no changes to the appearance of
-Characters
-Stages
-Character's moves
-Percent thingy at the bottom (Aaron -_- I ****ing hate that thing, takes me like a full 3-5 seconds to find out what % the opponent is at)
-Anything that causes the camera to move differently (I swear Poke you almost gave me motion sickness, that **** was making me dizzy)

Hacks on the stage/character menus are fine, music hacks are also okay with me. The shiny shield hack and hacks that change the character's icon on the bottom of the screen are both also fine with me

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
That one time someone's sv had a black texture on the stage, and a dark blue texture in the background and I sd'd twice in a tourney set, not knowing where the ledge was, LOL

I noticed that transparent % effect last tourney V.. of course for Snake % didn't matter as much :denzel:

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Just a reminder, can people refrain from using hacks that change the in-game aesthetics? ie no changes to the appearance of
-Characters
-Stages
-Character's moves
-Percent thingy at the bottom (Aaron -_- I ****ing hate that thing, takes me like a full 3-5 seconds to find out what % the opponent is at)
<.< Fine il change it! though its not even hard to tell the % in my opinion. besides i was too lazy to change it to a more noticeable color.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Holy ****ing **** on a dipstick how did i not see this until now? i'll be there

Niko_K

Smash Master
Oh well most MK's now a days won't know what to do against this old school Peach.

I'm sober now too...last tournament I attended I took some MDMA and wondered off.

Top Bottom