• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HASL 4 Results - Huntsville, AL

*Cam*

Smash Lord
HASL 4 Results
Thanks to everyone for coming out. I'll have that group photo up soon enough. Same goes with videos.

Brawl Singles (42 entrants)
[COLLAPSE="Pools"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. 4GOD :dedede: $197
2. TheReflexWonder :wario: $118
3: DRN :zerosuitsamus: :wario: $59
4: Lion A :fox: :marth: $20
5: TMOE :sheik: :fox:
5: Player1 :diddy:
7: Cam :pit: :wolf: :pikachu2:
7: Spade :marth:
9: SU-KJ :falco:
9: Fang :toonlink:
9: Paul :diddy:
9: Ryker :falco:
13: Blindspot :pikachu2:
13: Loxel :pit:
13: Blue :wolf:
13: Tigrex :diddy:
17: Kazu :kirby2:
17: Wind :kirby2:
17: Twill
17: YUGI
17: Aries :ness2:
17: SU-JS
17: SU-JD
17: Awake :zelda:
25: SU-HS
25: Mike
25: Slate
25: Pope :gw:
25: Cryos
25: Ty :falco:
Rest didn't make it out of pools

Brawl Doubles (9 teams)
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1: TheReflexWonder :wario: and DRN :zerosuitsamus:
2: 4GOD :dedede: and Player-1 :diddy:
3: Spade :marth: and Cam :pikachu2:
4: Ty :dk2: :kirby2: and Aries :ness2:
5: BSL :luigi2: and Ryker :falco:
5: Awake :zelda: and BlindSpot :pikachu2:
7: Cheap and John
7: Dane and Slate
9: Fang :toonlink: and Tigerex :diddy:

Melee Singles (16 entrants)
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1: Moogle
2: Cheap
3: MSlano
4: St. Rage
5: Ryker
5: Spade
7: Paul
7: Blind
9: Yarvy
9: Player1
9: Daniel R.
9: Lupmo
13: BSL
13: Johnk
13: Ty
13: JMC

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
Great tournament, thanks for hosting it

Can you change my name to LionArmor though?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
4GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Good lord...I haven't seen a :dedede: win a tourney in over a year or two. Though having to play :wario: in WF's and GF's makes things easier for a :dedede:.

:018:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
P1 trash yo.

Shoutouts to 4god. Cause he does it for god.
And shout outs to alabama for banning metaknight. 40 turnouts are aparently worth it to you guys so good stuff to you all for that

:phone:

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all so much for your support! For the guys ranking on P-1, the TOs tried their best to seed the tournament correctly, and naturally there's usually no perfectly seeded tournament, but if someone got the short end of the stick when it came to seeding it was Player-1. He's still amazing.

DRN

Smash Lord
P1 trash yo.

Shoutouts to 4god. Cause he does it for god.
And shout outs to alabama for banning metaknight. 40 turnouts are aparently worth it to you guys so good stuff to you all for that

It was also a convention tournament. Player-1 had the worst seeding for his ranking. He shouldnt have played Reflex till semis and he shouldnt have played me till semis in losers.

LucarioChris

Smash Cadet
Wound up failing pretty hard myself. ^^; Lost four of the five matches I played. But I had fun. :D

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
1. 4GOD $197- Congrats on winning that dough! Nice seeing you again! Hopefully we'll have more matches against each other latter.

2. TheReflexWonder $118- I wanted to get some PT training with you, but I had to leave... Maybe at WABA then!

3: DRN $59- Glad you came! Fun doubles matches!

4: Lion Armor $20- Great Fox and Marth! I was hoping to only play your Fox, but you started Marth and really destroyed my Ness... Glad I finally got to play you though!

5: Player1- Next time, It would be awesome for you to swing by and pick me up! Not a far drive at all!

7: Cam- I really wanted to play you in singles. I do not think I have a chance, but I need the Pikachu MU Experience.

7: Spade- Glad I didn't play you in Singles... Marth ***** me... Too much...

9: Paul- You... I'm still very salty. I just started choking. Good games though! Keep playing that Diddy.

9: Ryker- I wanted to play you a little more! Glad I got to see you again!

13: Blind- Pretty good Pikachu! You use him well. Of course switching your main is completely up to you.

13: Blue- Fun friendlies! Your Wolf has improved and your Olimar is good as well! Keep up the good work!

17: Aries- You suck... :B

17: Awake- You're getting so much better as well! Keep working with that Zelda and Peach!

25: Ty- I was awesome teaming with you! I feel like we make a really good team! I was so happy with our placing! Keep practicing all of your characters. You have so much potential and a great attitude.

All in all, I had a super fun time at this tournament. Glad to have met some new people and hang with the old. Hope to play you all again at WABA.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUT TIME:

4GOD: You sure got that rusty salt off for having not been at a tournament in awhile

Reflex: The car rides with you are always informative and if John didn't stop us I'm sure we would have talked about pokemon the whole time lol.

TMOE: Good stuff getting in 5th

Cam: Keep working on your alts and I'm sure you will have a good counter against Marth

Ty: Wish we could of done some friendlies but maybe at next tournament

Aries: Those friendlies got close and were most definitely fun, my pocket olimar still needs work but will be a force to be recon with soon

Paul: Fun fighting you and getting some experience against a diddy my level, next time I'll have enough practice to beat you

I always have fun at these tournaments and enjoying I'm making some progress, I hope to improve and claw my way up the ranks. Can't wait to see some of you guys at WABA.

AwakenedM

Smash Rookie
NNID
Awakened-M
Shoutouts from your friendly neighborhood Zelda main:

4GOD - Congratulations on your feat! :D It was exciting watching you play, sir.

TheReflexWonder - Congratulations on 2nd place, Luis! I'm glad I got to play with you in pools.

DRN - Love your Zamus. I enjoyed the doubles matches! Congratulations on placing 3rd, sir!

Lion Armor - I never got to watch your matches, but I know you did an awesome job with Fox and Marth placing 4th! I was the guy doing the registration in case you were wondering lol.

Player-1 - Hey Hunter, when you asked me about how to get to the University Center from the library, I was really tired. “Turn left, and turn left again” Sorry about that lol. I’m glad you could make it. :p I hope we get to play some matches soon.

Cam - Father Cam, we (Ben and I) did what we could to get the tournaments started. I’m happy we got to stay on campus for the whole tournament.

Spade - Salt brother! We managed to get HASL up and going. I wish I didn’t play you in the singles’ bracket. e.e Lol good games though and congrats.

Paul - Dude, we didn't get to play each other at all. I’m waiting on those swapnotes too. ._.

BlindSpot - I'm so proud of you, buddy. :D We both got out of pools and did ok in doubles. I wish you the best of luck on your switches. :)

Blue - Good games in the singles' bracket! You haven't seen the last of my Zelda. Good luck to you and your Wolf at WABA. :p

Aries - Thank you! I'll keep working with Zelda and Peach. It’s always fun playing with you. I can’t wait to see your PT improve. :D

Awake - Let me tell you something, sir! You had a long weekend? Johns, johns, and more johns. Fail, fail again, fail better. Better luck next time. o.o

Ty - Tough matches, both in doubles and singles. We got out of pools, and well, had to play each other in the losers’ bracket. You did a great job Saturday. :)

Thank you guys for attending HASL IV! The weather was awesome. :p It was a fun experience, and I hope to see you guys again soon.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament overall. Everyone did so well (besides me)
Despite my placing, I did my worst. I had the mindset "I'm switching my mains after today" so I wasn't really thinking. Plus, I was hyped from the tournament. (2nd tournament)

3things:
1: I'll do better next time, because I'll have my main picked out.

2: Can you put my name as BlindSpot from now on, and not Blind?

3: I asked for my matches to not be posted, and they were. I KNOW I did bad, I don't need for them to be posted for me and everyone else to know this.

Other than that, I had a good time. Everyone was nice to me, and I enjoyed watching all the hype matches :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Great tournament overall. Everyone did so well (besides me)
Despite my placing, I did my worst. I had the mindset "I'm switching my mains after today" so I wasn't really thinking. Plus, I was hyped from the tournament. (2nd tournament)

3things:
1: I'll do better next time, because I'll have my main picked out.

2: Can you put my name as BlindSpot from now on, and not Blind?

3: I asked for my matches to not be posted, and they were. I KNOW I did bad, I don't need for them to be posted for me and everyone else to know this.

Other than that, I had a good time. Everyone was nice to me, and I enjoyed watching all the hype matches :)

Don't get your feathers ruffled, I'll set that match to private so no one can see it. I also changed your name in the OP. However, you might want to consider that Wind could want feedback as well.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
5 characters in the top 4?
11 characters in the top 8?

Doesn't this seem like a pattern? What say you, THEREFLEXWONDER?

Goodstuff to 4God, Reflex, DRN, and Player-1

Top Bottom