• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Beam Sword (N64 Special Event)

smash-con

Smash Journeyman

Pink Beam Sword

11/24/12
5871 South Sherwood Forest Boulevard Baton Rouge, LA 70816

Welcome to the N64 Louisiana special Event. We're looking to bring all our professionals together for some heated combat. Amateurs can come and take some names on there road to glory and fame. Will you be at the Event because I know I will?

Confirmed N64 Players
-XKCP(LA Best)
-Cavemanerick
-Stark
-Rab%n
-Uncle Kenny
-Justin(MS Best)
-Bomber
-Jwulf

Schedule

12-N64 Doubles
2pm-Smash N64 Singles
3pm-Brawl Singles
4pm-Melee Singles
6pm-Close

Prices

Venue fee-$5
N64 Singles-$10
N64 Doubles-$5 per player
Other Tournaments-$5 each

Payouts

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Rules

N64 Smash

-5 stock
-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by 2 sets of best 2 of 3. If losers wins the first set the bracket will be reset. One best 2 of 3 after that will decide the winner. 10 min time limit on all Grand Finals matches.
-Winners Finals and Losers are both best 2 of 3
-Starter Stage: Hyrule
-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo
-Winner may Ban one stage
-Loser Picks
-All Stages are unbanned after each match
-12 min limit on Grand final matches

N64 Doubles

-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by 2 sets of best 2 of 3. If losers wins the first set the bracket will be reset. One best 2 of 3 after that will decide the winner.
-Winners and losers Finals are best 2 of 3.
-Stages Hyrule ONLY

Brawl
-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*
*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.
-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit
-Metaknight is legal
-Items turned off
-Team attack on
-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles
-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses
-LGL-40 for all

Stage list:
Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Melee

- Items are set to off.
- Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
- Double Blind*: If elected.
- Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
- Neutral Start*: If elected.
- Standard DSR*
- Gentleman’s Clause*
- Forced Character Selection*: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Stage list:
Neutral: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
Counter pick: Pokemon Stadium

Extra Rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

Recording

N64-We will record all matches if possible.
Melee-We will record winners, losers, and Grand Finals
Brawl-We will record all of Brawl with the Alabama Smash League Replay program.

Smashcon Double PR Points will be applied to N64 Singles.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll most likely be able to attend this. I'll probably only enter 64 singles and Brawl singles though because of financial constraint. Plus my doubles needs work outside of tournaments. My bomb accuracy is good, but not that good yet.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Wait MS has a 64 player? Cool. I should be able to make this and I wonder if Roboturner could make it too. Then we'd have MS rep for all three games and that'd be dope.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Yes

Wait MS has a 64 player? Cool. I should be able to make this and I wonder if Roboturner could make it too. Then we'd have MS rep for all three games and that'd be dope.
Yeah they have quite a few at USM Justin actually won the N64 tourney at the last smashcon. I believe others in the group play Brawl as well but more on a casual basis.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
M2K, you really make me laugh, you like to bother us scrubs down here, especially about Lee. And here I thought you had something better to do with your time. Lol.

wangsterbaiter

Smash Cadet
Seriously though. He should be allowed to come. It's not right to ban someone because of his skill level and I want to play him in Melee. You get better by playing people better than you.

JustinSane

Smash Cadet
^ I agree. The dude is legit and I want to play him in Melee as well. Plus have you thought that by banning him you are basically making players like M2K not want to come play b/c there is really no competition? It's wrong to just ban a guy from a tourney unless he did something to deserve it. Not b/c he wins.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok, in all seriousness before this goes any further, take this to the general discussion. You should be hyping this event, not complaining about something else.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Please stop arguing about Lee Martin. If you want to ask about it, take it to PM. That has nothing to do with the tournament, and is tantamount to spam.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Man, just about anyone will get trolled these days... People can't take the time to look in LA results threads, I guess.

I'll be here, but I don't think your prophecy will be fulfilled just yet, Gunner.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, if everyone shows up on time and brings set-ups, I'm pretty sure we could get things rolling and make the time to have doubles.

JustinSane

Smash Cadet
Were bringing two melee and one 64 setup with a couple of crt tv's....Also we just started with the southern smash scene so we didn't know if the lee thing was a joke or not. Were from Central louisiana though haha

Top Bottom