• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charlottesville, VA Tournament Nov 17!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!
If you're in the central VA region or near and you're looking for a casual tournament, this is perfect for you! It's going to be held at Piedmont VA Community college on November 17th from 1pm-9pm. (Right off exit 121A from 64-East, address is 501 College Drive). It starts at 1pm and includes tons of games (Brawl, Rock Band, TF2, Halo 3, SC2, Melee, LoL, Mario Kart 64, and possibly more). Computer games require that you BRING YOUR OWN COMPUTER. All tournament participation fees are $2-$5, with brawl and melee both at $5. If you are willing to bring a full setup for brawl and/or melee (including TV, wii, and copies of the games) I WILL PAY YOUR ENTRANCE FEE FOR EITHER BRAWL OR MELEE. If you bring multiple set-ups I will cover additional entrance fees.

Prizes (UPDATE**)- All prizes awarded to 1st place winners.
SSB Brawl - $25 Gamestop Giftcard
SSB Melee- $25 Gamestop Giftcard
Mario Kart 64- Free next circuit, limit of 2
Rock Band- 15% of voting money
Starcraft II- $25 Gamestop Giftcard

Food will be provided at the venue. There are also food places w/ in 5-10 mins driving distance. Downtown has many local favorites as well as Five Guys, Sweet Frog, and Splendora's. Barracks road has Panera Bread, McDonald's, Chipotle, Hot Cakes, and tons of other chains. If you need direction to either, just ask before you leave to eat!

Schedule:
*There will be no 2v2 brawl or melee at this tourney*
11am-12:45- Casual play, money matches, friendlies etc. (pre-tourney)
1:00pm- Melee singles begin (be sure to arrive a few minutes early)
4:30pm - Melee singles end.
4:30-5:30pm - Dinner Break / casual play
5:50- Brawl singles begin
9:00- Brawl singles end.

Directions:
501 College Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22902

If you are heading to Charlottesville on 64 East, just take Exit 121A and stay in the turn lane to turn onto the PVCC grounds.

If you are heading on 64-west, take Exit 121A, turn left onto Monticello Avenue and turn right at the light onto the PVCC campus.

For more specific directions please message me!

Park in the 2nd lot to avoid getting a ticket. The tournament will be held in the building nearest the first traffic circle you pass. It will be labelled Main Building.

If you're travelling from afar and need a place to stay the night, send me a message and I'll get you set up. My apartment has some free space and I'm sure others will be willing to accommodate as well.

If anyone has any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me!

Here is the FB link for the tournament for more info:
http://www.facebook.com/events/161480447329209/

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
It's not likely. PVCC very rarely allows events such as these so it took a bit of persuasion to open up a date for this. I'm just helping to organize and attract some higher level players for the tourney, the rest is in control of the game club. I'll ask them about it, but I'd say the chances are slim.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Mmk. I might come to this, but I'm not sure though. This is really close but there is gonna be a bigger tourney (probably)up in MD on the same date. .- .

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
I really would've liked to go, but I'm going to Revival of Melee that weekend.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Change the date of this if you want attendees. November 17th is gonna be Md/Va's big local.

:018:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Going to this if I keep my grades up enough. Will be bringing my wii, melee, brawl, and PM. :happysheep:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Lol. xD There's still a good chance I'm not gonna be able to go, and who knows maybe someone like Boss will come down to give me competition. :happysheep:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I probably have the memory locked up somewhere. There's a chance I'm going to enter melee along with brawl if I go.

Also if anyone would like to MM one of my secondaries hit me up, I want to have some serious practice with them. :happysheep:

Lt Sylar Gump

Smash Rookie
Hey, everyone.

I just made this account. I go to PVCC and I'm definitely going to that tourney. I'm not pro but I'm decent at brawl, I haven't played melee since before brawl came out so I'm probably rusty, but I'll play that too. My sister lost my copy, so I can't bring melee, but I can bring my Wii, Brawl, 3 GC controllers, and a TV to the event. I have RB and GH games and peripherals for those as well, and I'm thinking about bringing MK:DD.

I hope to get better, so yeah. Any advice would help.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sylar, I'm glad to hear you're interested in improving your smash game ^_^ I'm also at PVCC and love gaming with new people! My names Ammad Khokar, I live in C'ville right off the corner and we should smash soon!

:phone:

Lt Sylar Gump

Smash Rookie
Hey Sylar, I'm glad to hear you're interested in improving your smash game ^_^ I'm also at PVCC and love gaming with new people! My names Ammad Khokar, I live in C'ville right off the corner and we should smash soon!

I figured you were at PVCC since you're hosting the tourney. I live south of Cville but I'm down to smash anytime, in person or online.

Top 4: Mario, Fox, DK, Pikachu

Lt Sylar Gump

Smash Rookie
If any of you want to brawl sometime later this week, I could use the practice. I used to play against some people on brawlfriendcodes.com a few years back, and one guy even uploaded some vids to youtube. I'd like to think I've improved since then, but probably not. lol.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
A small to medium amount. Charlottesville has a solid melee scene but since ROM is happening the same day fewer melee players will attend. QWA will at least be there and he is a very skilled melee player so I hope to see some heated and high level matches!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
MK isn't even that good. Yeah I said it.

After playing a good olimar (logic) and good falco I have to say MK isn't as annoying.

Man, that brawl.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I don't think I'd be able to beat you in dittos korn, your MK is scary lol.

I'd take olimar over MK everyday. I gimp dem *****es hard.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
So I updated the schedule and prizes for everyone interested. It's not terribly much, but it's a pretty small tournament and it'll be a blast ^_^

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Will the entry fees for brawl/melee be going to 1st/2nd/3rd also or is the gift card for 1st place the only prize? :happysheep:

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Its a fundraiser for the pvcc game club to cover the cost of equipment, food, etc and to raise money for them to attend magfest- so all of the money raised minus costs and prizes will go to them. Unfortunately, PVCC doesn't allow paid events unless its for fundraising. This tourney is a semi-check to gauge community interest in Smash bros for me. If things go well ill be contacting a few potential venue locations and doing some more traditional tournaments alongside more frequent smash fests

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Hmm..alright. I would LOVE to see what you can do with venues and stuff. It'd definitely be awesome to have some tournies in central VA for once :p

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
(−_−;) It is what it is. This is really the first tourney I've been apart of organizing and I'm really hoping to do more in the future with better payouts and more people:D

Top Bottom