• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Bi Weeklies @ Gaming Zone Nov. 10th

k9.

Smash Ace
T.O. Contact Info:
RaveRemix: 480-522-6912
K9: 480 343 6799 (Text ONLY)
Gaming Zone: 480 245 6357

Address
930 w broadway rd, Ste 15, tempe AZ

Schedule (please note the slight time changes):
11:30pm- Friendlies/Warmups
1:00pm- Brawl Doubles/Melee Doubles
3:30pm- Brawl Singles (Pools)/Melee Singles
5:00pm- Lunch
5:45pm- Brawl Singles (Brackets)
8:30pm- Project M Singles

Payouts
Brawl Singles:

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

(We will pay out to 4th if we get 20 entrants.)

Project M Singles/]Brawl Doubles:

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Entry Fees
Venue Fee: $5 per person
Brawl Single/Melee: $5/Per Person
Brawl Doubles/Melee: $5/Per Person
Project M Singles: $3/Per Person

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brawl Ruleset

MikeHaze Brawl Rule-set

Brawl - Condensed Version.

General:

3 stock
8 min. time limit
Team Attack ON
Items set to OFF and NONE

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Other allowed stages:

Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise

Set procedure:

Starter Stage selection.
Character selection.
The winner of the previous match may ban a stage for the next match.
The loser of the previous match declares the stage to be selected for the next match.
The winner of the previous match selects character.
The loser of the previous match selects character.
Repeat from step 3 until 2 victories are achieved (3 victories in finals sets).

Rules and Clauses:

DSR is ON
Counterpicking Ports is ON
Understage Travel Clause is ON
Ledge Grab Limit is 35
Colorblind Rule is ON
Double Meta Knight is banned
IDC is banned

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee Rule set
stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
• Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
• Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
• The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
• Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
• Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
• Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
• Wobbling and the freeze glitch are officially 100% banned at these tournaments.
• Tai's Stupid Rule: Mewtwo's Soul Breaker glitch is, in fact, legal. How to get a Red Shell while not interfering with General Rule #1 is up to you!

Additional Rules for Teams Play
• Life Stealing is allowed
• Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Recommendations to Tournament Hosts (a.k.a. Other Notes)
• Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regards to the tournament. In other words, players are responsible for:
1. Being familiar with the rule set and stage list
2. Entrance and venue fees
3. Arriving on time
4. Maintaining personal hygiene
5. Controllers and Character Knowledge
6. Minimizing Johns

• Sets are usually based on brackets which may be seeded at the Tournament Host's discretion. If your tournament is any other format, make a note to advertise it accordingly.
• Some kind of stalling prevention is highly recommended. Since a definition of stalling is too potentially ambiguous here, all instances of stalling are determined by the Tournament Host.
• Unnecessary delays in a set should be discouraged. This can occur before (not playing a match) or during (taking an unnecessary amount of time to counter pick) and after (not reporting) a set that has been called. The Tournament Host is recommended to keep tabs on set completion.
• No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the Tournament Host's attention.
• When running a pool, the game count of each set in pool play should be recorded (i.e. whether the set was 2-0 or 2-1). Ranking in a pool is determined by the number of sets won. In case of a tie, the first tiebreaker is the win/loss ratio of the individual games, where the higher ratio wins. In the event of a tie in both set victories and match-up ratios, the player who won the set between the disputed players should advance.
• The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.
• Wireless controllers should be discouraged or banned because of interference, unreliability (battery life), and time hindrance.*
• The Tournament Host reserves the right at any time to make anyone leave the premises of the tournament.
• For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.
*Okami’s note: However, they may be used at players’ own risk.

Okami’s Additions to the Rules/Info:
• Trash talking by the audience during sets that are not semifinals or grand finals are discouraged, but allowed. Individuals (aside from the Tournament Host) in the audience may be silenced by any of the players participating in a tournament match at any time.
• Trash talking during semifinals and grand finals are allowed. Same rule as stated above applies. This is the ONLY time pausing is allowed and players who choose to pause for this reason may be disqualified at the Tournament Host’s discretion.
• Clean up after the tournament.
• Individuals may not undermine commentators while the microphone is recording.

Taj's Better Rule
You may choose to ban a neutral or all counterpicks.

These rules are copied and pasted from the MBR Official Rule Set topic. A few small modifications have been made to fit the tournament better. Those who do not abide by these rules are subject to consequences determined by the Tournament Host. Any other questions or comments about the tournament may be posted here!

Project Melee Ruleset

Stagelist:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:

Temple:M
Metal Cavern
Kongo Jungle 64 - may be banned
SSE: Jungle
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise - may be banned
Pokemon Stadium

General Rules
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
• Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
• The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
• Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
• Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
• Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Players granteed!

Brawl entrants.
1.K9 :falco:/:metaknight:
2.Tyrant :metaknight:
3.SS :olimar:
4.Wafty :wario:
5.Nazo :sonic:
6.Heyseuss:dedede:
7.MaxFalcon :ness2:
8.Saffy ?
9.GV7 :rob:/:gw:
10.Aaven :fox:
11.Maize :popo:/:rob:
12.MeowKitty :gw:/:dedede:
13.Ness682 :ness2:
14.MEDZ :marth:?

Melee entrants.
1.ch3s :luigi2:
2.Gem :marth:
3.Corigames :samus2:
4.MEDZ :marth:?

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Also, I sure hope the livestream is watchable, cuz we've had bad exp. in the past...

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in for doubles if I'm able to go, I don't play Brawl really anymore but I do find doubles kinda fun.
I might, however, get into Project M, as bad as I am at Melee.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Gem and I are planning to go if we can get a ride somehow. Also my friend might come. We all play PM and melee.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Gem and I are planning to go if we can get a ride somehow. Also my friend might come. We all play PM and melee.
There's sort of a bus to get us there. We'd end up walking three blocks to the stop but it's an option if no one wants to give us a ride. Or, as google maps suggests, we could just walk for 37 minutes :)

But yeah, I guess I'm coming now that my presence has been announced and I'm "granteed"

@k9 Where's the melee ruleset and stagelist?

oksas

oak-sauce
sounds like a granteed good time man. cool you put up a list of granteed characters and players, should generate some hype. is the venue secure and granteed? if so that's cool, i like granteed stuff

anyway does anyone have a list of the guaranteed players coming to this?

k9.

Smash Ace
Hey guys updated somethings the rule set for brawl and melee, so read everything.

How much it is to get in events, im advertising around mesa/Phx/tempe area so this should be a great turnout.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Dang I don't agree with castle seige being legal. That will be my ban then unless...

brb picking up :dedede: just for that stage.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree with you Saffy. But ultimately, I think it would be to our advantage to coincide with the ruleset of our biggest neighboring scene, as least for the time being.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
Oo! Another Ness player is coming to this! Count me in! ^^ I'd love to join this tournament! (Both Brawl and P:M).

Also, if anyone wants to be my doubles partner, let me know as I want one (I prefer someone who can easily use attacks to heal me with my PSI Magnet ;), if not though, that's OK).

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Yay! We haz melee counterpicks! <3 It's like being back in the Midwest (where ORLY will gladly take you to Brinstar Depths if you agree to it).

As little as Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Kongo Jungle are allowed these days, I wholeheartedly approve.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Me and one of my friends might enter for P:M, or at least come check it out. We're relatively new to competitive Smash. Can we just show up Saturday and pay to play?

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I think this tourney is only on saturday. If u want to enter u have to pay the venue fee. That will only let u play friendlies watch etc. if u want to enter the tourney u have to pay the venue fee and the entry fee

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Dude, I'm staying like two miles away from this place. I'm in town for the week and didn't even expect there to be a tournament. Hi I'm from Oregon.

Oh, and if we ban anything, ban shirts.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Could you fully define the rules for Brawl? Don't want any discrepancies due to them not being as clear as possible.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Wow kurtis and I was about to ask you to team with me...

Already forgetting about the damage we both can do! Gnw hammer>ddd hammer

Top Bottom