• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashed, Mashed, and Broken III

Alexrocks0221

Smash Rookie
The tournaments are being held in Miami, Florida at Arcade Odyssey, 12045 sw 117th ave. Registration will begin at 6 and the tournaments will start at 8. There is a $10 entrance fee for all day play at the tourney table. If you want to enter one tournament it is another $10. If you want to enter both tournaments, it will cost $20.
From registration until the tournaments starts, you may play casuals. If the tournament ends before 2 am, you may continue to play casuals.
All the games are to be played with wired or wireless controllers, you may bring your own.
This event will be streaming at http://www.twitch.tv.com/arcadeodyssey
Rules:
1vs.1
Best 2 out of 3
Double elimination
SSBB-3 stocks 8 minute stock time limit, SSBM-4 stocks 8 minute stock time limit.
SSBB-If both players have identical percentages and stocks, or both players KO'd simultaneously (Like Bowser's Flying Slam or Ganondorf's Flame Choke) then a tiebreaker is played. Tiebreakers are 1 stock 3 minute matches with same characters and same stage.
SSBM-If time runs out and both players have identical stocks, the player with the least percentage wins the match. If both players have identical stocks and percentage, Sudden Death will determine the winner.
Items are turned off.
On the first match, characters are chose double-blind, or at the same time, so no one has an advantage the first match.
Meta Knight is banned.
Stalling is banned.
Some interactions can cause one character to be frozen until hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely matter, if not it is considered stalling.
Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
Controller ports are settled by rock, paper, scissors if there is a dispute.
Stages are divided up into starter, counter pick, and banned. Starter stages are used in the first match, the next match the loser can choose a starter or counter pick stage.
Slob pick rules apply.
The first match is chosen through random.
SSBM Starter stages-Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Dream Land (N64), and Final Destination.
SSBB Starter Stages-Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium (Melee), Final Destination, and Castle Siege.
SSBM Counter pick stages-Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle (N64), and Rainbow Cruise.
SSBB Counterpick stages-Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Jungle Japes, and Norfair.
All other stages are banned.
Loser cannot choose a stage they have already played that round.
Techniques/Glitches:
SSBM-Any exploitations of the game that gives one player an unintended unfair advantage over another is banned.
Banned glitches.
Freeze glitches.
Yo-yo glitch.
Banned stalling techniques.
Repeated rising pound.
Repeated Peach Bomber on a wall.
Luigi Ladder.
If rising pound and Peach Bomber on a wall are used to recover, if not it is considered stalling.
Go to www.facebook.com/arcadeodyssey to find the event page and find Smashed, Mashed, and Broken III and say you are going. There must be a minimum of 40 people going to make it valid.
Contact rmedina@arcadeodyssey.com, or 305-253-2722 for further questions.
This tournament will be challenging since the past tournaments have had Ryo, Nick Riddle, and others that had entered.

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
I will try and go to this if I have money and if my parents can give me a ride. I would love to be on the stream as well and introduce myself haha.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone. I just moved to Miami so if anyone in the area is looking for friendlies feel free to send me a message.

Top Bottom