• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IM GONNA WRECK IT! Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
!!!CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!

The good bad guy from Fix It Felix Jr joins the fray! Hes gonna wreck it!

Welcome to the Wreck-It Ralph SSB4 support thread! Here we can discuss our not-so-bad bad guy from Fix-It Felix Jr. and Disney's Movie Wreck-It Ralph!

Wreck-It Ralph's background:

Fix-It Felix Jr.

[COLLAPSE="Fix It Felix Image"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Click here for a video of Fix It Felix Jr.

Fix It Felix is a arcade game about a construction team that clears out a forested area to build a apartment building named Niceland. Wreck-It Ralph lives in one of the tree stumps and lives happily alone in it. His stump gets pushed to the dump when the construction crew clears the forest, and Ralph gets mad! Ralph screams "IM GONNA WRECK IT!" and begins destroying the Niceland building. Its up to Fix It Felix Jr, a local handyman, to fix all the damages Ralph causes. If Felix is succesful, he will earn a medal and Ralph will be thrown off the building by the citizens of Niceland. Wreck-It Ralph will try to stop Felix by pounding the building and making bricks fall at Felix.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph movie

[COLLAPSE="Wreck-It Ralph image"]
[/COLLAPSE]

In Litwak's Arcade, many video games come and go. Fix It Felix Jr has been a popular choice and has remained in the arcade for a long time. 30 years to be exact. After being thrown off buildings for 30 years, Ralph begins to question why he still does his job. He becomes jealous of Felix, because he is such a good guy and gets medals all the time. He no longers wishes to be a bad guy. When Ralph learns that the Niceland citizens are throwing the 30 year anniversery party without him, he comes to the party and asks Felix to come in, feeling insulted he was left out when he played such a important role. The citizens are not to thrilled with the idea, but Felix does not have the heart to turn him away. He invited him in, but the citizens get angry at him because he is the bad guy. Ralph leaves the party angry and sad, and leaves his game in search of a hero's medal to prove he is not such a bad guy, rather a good guy who just does his job.

Why Ralph for SSB4?

The idea of Fix It Felix Jr may not be the most original idea, but Ralph's actions in the arcade game and though the movie can bring some fun new gameplay to SSB4. With the Brawl roster already at 35 (mostly) original fighters, it might be little hard for someone with just big hands and a need to wreck to have a completely original moveset, but it can be done. Hes a recognizable character because of the movie now, and has gained plenty of popularity. It certainly would not repulse many gamers from buying SSB4 if he made a appearance. Im sure he would be a welcome addition. He was programmed to wreck, so he would not be too friendly of a fighter unlike Peach for example. One of the themes of his movie was to bring video games together, which is EXACTLY what Super Smash Bros is about.

What brings him out of the "completely impossible" catagory is that there were so many Nintendo and Namco (also working on SSB4) referances in the movie. In terms of Nintendo and Namco; Bowser, Pacman, Pacman Ghost, Dig Dug and the Dig Dug enemies were all in the movie, Mario was mentioned but not seen. So he does have a chance at this point, be it slim or big. Also, a Sega racing game will be featuring Ralph in it's roster, showing Ralph might have future connections with any characters that appeared in his movie. He was also in an arcade game before the film released and the first official Wreck-It Ralph game came out before the movie exclusive to nintendo consoles.

Possible Objections

Ralph's moveset might just be a copy of Donkey Kong's moveset
This is a possibility, as the idea of Donkey Kong (the game) is very similar to Fix It Felix Jr. Donkey Kong and Ralph do have their similarities, but it really be just up to the SSB4 team's imagination. There is also the movie aspect of Ralph, which could help diversify Ralph's moveset.

Did Ralph's game "Fix It Felir Jr" come out first, or did the movie come out first?
While the movie was in production, a Fix It Felix Jr came out before the movie's public release. BUT the game was based on the movie. Its hard to make the call on Ralph's eligilbilty of "being a video game first", but the whole theme of the movie IS games. This is something that just have to be open for discussion if you want to get specific about his qualifications.

Disney and Nintendo never really had many cooperations in the past.
This is true. There are probably no games, shows, movies, or any other media where Disney and Nintendo have their characters interacting. But the Wreck-It Ralph movie is where you see Disney and Nintendo working together finally (and many other companies including SEGA and NAMCO). It may just be my personal hope, but I can see Ralph in some sort of Nintendo game in the future. The next Mario Kart could very well have Ralph. We will just have to wait and see for Super Smash Bros 4.

Anyways, it's not much, but here's what I got so far from watching clips from the video game (which doesn't look that great, but still) as well as some original ideas.
If I use the game as a reference, it's from this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARk8J9OyAs (Skip to 2:00 though, as the intro has some spoilers for the movie since this takes place after it.)

Neutral Combo: Punch, Punch, Hook. (4:16)

Down Air: Ralph crashes down feet-first, then when he lands, he slams his fists. (2:53)

Neutral Special: Brick Toss: Pretty much Ralph tosses a brick. He's got plenty of them, after all.

Side Special: Ralph Rush: Very similar to Wario's signature Shoulder Charge from the Wario Land series (though not like in Brawl). (2:19)

Up Special: Wreckopter- A mini platform appears under Ralph's feet being propelled upwards with wrecking ball propellors (similar to Ralph's All-Star Move in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing). Ralph stares dumbfoundedly at the platform until it disappears.

Down Special: Wreck-It: Ralph's signature punching of the ground. Similar to DK's Ground Pound, Ralph will keep going as long as the Special Button keeps being pressed. However, he can move while doing this. Unlike Ground Pound, it doesn't cause shockwaves, but Ralph himself is a giant hurtbox in this state with a heightened flinch resistance (though stronger attacks will still affect him normally).

Final Smash: TBA

Still working on the rest.
Entrance: Ralph, sleeping in his stump, is being carried to the stage by a forklift, which tosses him to his spot. He wakes up enraged and ready to fight.

Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W158BOQpsRM
Credit to BerryBomber for making an epic OP post.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Not a video game character (ironically), so it's not viable by default.
TECHNICALLY, his proper debut was in that arcade game Disney made to promote the movie, so you could say that he did appear first in a video game.

Not that I want him. Honestly, there are other non Nintendo characters(like Megaman, Lloyd, and Bomberman) that I'd rather get in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ok came back to check and I honestly wanted to make this to see if anyone else wanted to see him. (he'd be interesting at least) I'm completely neutral to his inclusion. However, if I could choose between Ralph and Sora, I'd choose Ralph.

@Shinpichu

Respect for listing Bomberman.

:phone:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Donkey Kong clone.:troll:

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Damn it, I was going to make this thread once I finished my moveset for him and got palette swaps for him...

D

Deleted member

You might want to change the "soon" on the Nintendo consoles part. The tie-in/sequel video game came out a month before the movie, so he has been on Nintendo consoles already.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, it's not much, but here's what I got so far from watching clips from the video game (which doesn't look that great, but still) as well as some original ideas.
If I use the game as a reference, it's from this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARk8J9OyAs (Skip to 2:00 though, as the intro has some spoilers for the movie since this takes place after it.)

Down Air: Ralph crashes down feet-first, then when he lands, he slams his fists. (2:53)

Neutral Special: Brick Toss: Pretty much Ralph tosses a brick. He's got plenty of them, after all.

Side Special: Ralph Rush: Very similar to Wario's signature Shoulder Charge from the Wario Land series (though not like in Brawl). (2:19)

Up Special: Glitch: This is played on the whole "Paula and Poo taught Ness their techniques" and "Kumatora taught Lucas her techniques" concept in that Vanellope von Schweetz taught Ralph how to "Glitch" himself to different places. Now, Ralph would obviously be not as good at it as she is, so he can only go in short spurts in 8 different directions (think of it like Farore's Wind, Vanish, and Teleport) and it renders him unable to do anything after he uses it until he lands.
In the video game, Ralph and Felix "Glitch" to switch between the two and whenever they take damage.
Also, Glitch can affect opponents as well if done near them. They take damage and flicker in reference to
Vanellope glitching while King Candy is grabbing her, causing him to glitch out as well and reveal his true identity as Turbo.

Down Special: Wreck-It: Ralph's signature punching of the ground. Similar to DK's Ground Pound, Ralph will keep going as long as the Special Button keeps being pressed. However, he can move while doing this. Unlike Ground Pound, it doesn't cause shockwaves, but Ralph himself is a giant hurtbox in this state with a heightened flinch resistance (though stronger attacks will still affect him normally).

Final Smash: Hero's Duty: Ralph upgrades into his suit from Hero's Duty, which renders him invincible, and he can shoot opponents with the blaster for massive damage. He is slower and heavier in this state though.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Damn, ive been working on a Ralph thread all day. xD Oh well. Whats funny is my thread had the EXACT same title, lol

I had a huge OP ive been working on, ya want it?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If I use the game as a reference, it's from this video. (Skip to 2:00 though, as the intro has some spoilers for the movie since this takes place after it.)

Up Special: Glitch: This is played on the whole "Paula and Poo taught Ness their techniques" and "Kumatora taught Lucas her techniques" concept in that Vanellope von Schweetz taught Ralph how to "Glitch" himself to different places. Now, Ralph would obviously be not as good at it as she is, so he can only go in short spurts in 8 different directions (think of it like Farore's Wind, Vanish, and Teleport) and it renders him unable to do anything after he uses it until he lands.
In the video game, Ralph and Felix "Glitch" to switch between the two and whenever they take damage.
Also, Glitch can affect opponents as well if done near them. They take damage and flicker in reference to
Vanellope glitching while King Candy is grabbing her, causing him to glitch out as well and reveal his true identity as Turbo.

Final Smash: Hero's Duty: Ralph upgrades into his suit from Hero's Duty, which renders him invincible, and he can shoot opponents with the blaster for massive damage. He is slower and heavier in this state though.

Alright, adding the moveset to the OP. The video link seems to be missing also.

Damn, ive been working on a Ralph thread all day. xD Oh well. Whats funny is my thread had the EXACT same title, lol

I had a huge OP ive been working on, ya want it?
Send it to me in a PM.

D

Deleted member

Sorry about that.
I fixed the post to include the video link.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
The movie was pretty awful casual garbage, so I don't see why anyone would want him in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The movie was pretty awful casual garbage, so I don't see why anyone would want him in.
You not liking it =/= what others thought about it.

Don't bring that here.

EDIT: i mean, don't act like a jerk when posting about not wanting something. Seriously, this is only for fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did point out that Ralph would be a very unlikely input, despite being an interesting character. After all, he is Disney's property, and there's another game that'll represent him better.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh hey, he should totally be in Kingdom Hearts

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It would be cool and all, but I doubt Ralph or any other character will make it in... maybe Turbo is the boss now...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's unlikley but I'd like to see it. Ralph game jumping IRL.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
If Ralph gets in, he should appear last minute because he is game jumping.

D

Deleted member

So pretty much, in the story mode, Ralph doesn't appear until right before the final boss fight, like Sonic did in SSE? Seems legit.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ralph jumps down and punches the final boss to death. :troll:
He's going to wreck it's face! :troll: that is if it has one.

I'm sad that there was only the Mario franchise in the movie. Actually it was only just Bowser and a Mushroom.

And what would his Assist Trophy be?

Felix? Vanellope? Sergeant Calhoun? Mickey Mouse? Sora? (Insert Favorite Disney Character Here)?

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
He's going to wreck it's face! :troll: that is if it has one.

I'm sad that there was only the Mario franchise in the movie. Actually it was only just Bowser and a Mushroom.

And what would his Assist Trophy be?

Felix? Vanellope? Sergeant Calhoun? Mickey Mouse? Sora? (Insert Favorite Disney Character Here)?
Rosalina and Daisy were there with Chun-Li. It was very blink and you miss it.

Felix seems to be the easiest AT because there is no straight healing one, though Vanellope has more character relevancy.

Turbo for final boss. He appears to **** up the game.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
They looked more like Belle and Cinderella if you ask me. I mention Nintendo wise. I saw Sonic, PAcman, Qbert, Ryu, Many Street Fighters, Dig Dug guy, Frogger and Pong but only Bowser and Mushroom for Nintendo

D

Deleted member

Not going to happen. He originated in a movie, so he's out by default.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They looked more like Belle and Cinderella if you ask me. I mention Nintendo wise. I saw Sonic, PAcman, Qbert, Ryu, Many Street Fighters, Dig Dug guy, Frogger and Pong but only Bowser and Mushroom for Nintendo
Those two are listed as Daisy and Rosalina on other sites. Plus, they had the hair styles of the Nintendo princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom