• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EPsilon's Apex Training | ChuDat, Boss, Redd

Apex 2013 is going to be the biggest Smash tournament of the year and we need everyone at the top of their game. Join in to get some last week practice or just to play around for fun. This event won't be limited to Melee & Brawl. If setups are provided, there can be plenty of friendlies for Apex's other events like AE & UMVC3

Melee 2v2 & 1v1
Brawl 2v2 & 1v1
Friendlies for Apex 2013's other events if setups are provided

All events are free to enter. No venue fee. Double elimination

To prevent chains of players waiting on players, you can only enter 1 of the 2v2 events

Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library
7584 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043
703-790-8088

time | event
1:00pm | doors open
1:30pm | registration
2:00pm | 2v2 for both games start
4:00pm | 1v1 for both games start
8:00pm | clean up
8:30pm | GTFO

Apex 2013 ruleset for Melee & Brawl

Setups for Apex's other games may be brought. Space for having 5 Melee setups and 5 Brawl setups takes priority. We need as many people as possible to bring setups. Bringing an extra one does so much to improve the tournament experience. Brackets run smoother and faster and there's more opportunities for friendlies. It's the easiest thing you can do to make everything better for everyone

If you post about bringing a setup, also mention the game and console. It'd help to know in advance for the PS3/XBOX360 fighting games. Not everyone has a dual-modded arcade stick

Full setups
game | console | name
Melee | GameCube | EPsilon
Melee | Wii | EPsilon
Melee | GameCube | Sypher
Melee | Wii | bubbaking
Melee | Wii | bubbaking
Melee | Wii | Clay
Brawl | Wii | AmKhokar
UMVC3 | XBOX 360 | Redd
AE | PS3 | EPsilon
TV | TV | Fortune

Could you also post what game you'll be playing and entering for?

name | Melee | Brawl | other
Alcohol | ✔ | |
Andrew | ✔ | |
ChuDat | ✔ | ✔ |
Clay | ✔ | |
CTL | ✔ | |
Dan | ✔ | |
ephoenix | ✔ | |
Flowers | ✔ | |
JU4N | ✔ | |
MarthDude | ✔ | |
MASAHIROx | ✔ | |
natjohnw | ✔ | |
oirasorledyelsie? | ✔ | |
rai_guy | ✔ | |
Sypher | ✔ | |
EPsilon | ✔ | | AE
Fortune | ✔ | | AE
Redd | ✔ | | UMVC3
bubbaking | ✔ | ✔ | AE, UMVC3
2Fast? | | ✔ |
AmKhokar | | ✔ |
Luckay4Lyphe | | ✔ |
YarsRevengerson | | ✔ |

Tournament date changed to January 2. Now it won't conflict with Xanadu weeklies

CTL17

Smash Lord
But why walk when I can bus...? I'll probably be carrying some luggage since I would need to crash at someone's place after the event. It looks like Metrobus 28A/B does the trick.

But why walk when I can bus...? I'll probably be carrying some luggage since I would need to crash at someone's place after the event. It looks like Metrobus 28A/B does the trick.
Exercise is good for your health

And I didn't think you'd be carrying any equipment

If you mention you're bringing a setup, can you specify what game(s) and what console?

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I'm tentative as well, but very interested. Any SOVA or Richmond/Charlottesville people who want to meet up and carpool, shoot me a PM!

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
School ends at 3:00

I can make it if my mom is here and wants to cooperate...

But I think I have a 4/10 chance of going here...

Papapaint

Ah what the hell. I'm totally going. I can bring a wii+brawl/Project M and a Gamecube with melee. I can't bring any TVs though!

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
M2K goes to like...2/3rds of MD/VA's tournies from what I've seen. Hope to see you at tournies Elise. :happysheep:

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
M2K goes to like...2/3rds of MD/VA's tournies from what I've seen. Hope to see you at tournies Elise. :happysheep:

WHo's Elise???

It's a 33 mins. drive I think I actually have a chance.. I just need to get good grades so my mom can't disagree...

I'm not going if it's free dude. However if there's an actual tourney, if you make this a normal tourney with normal payouts, I'll bring a carpool here from NJ/PA
I can't do that. It's the library's policy to not allow events that involve money. Besides, I want this to be a free tournament

I'm sure you know about the big regional near here 4 days before this event

Papapaint

A relatively new Melee playing pal of mine named Flowers is coming with me. I may be bringing a couple more from SOVA too.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
This is a cool idea and everything, but uh, could the people that plan on showing up say what game they plan on playing? I can tell since I know most players names (from both sides) but I know some people are into both (which is totally cool)

This is a cool idea and everything, but uh, could the people that plan on showing up say what game they plan on playing? I can tell since I know most players names (from both sides) but I know some people are into both (which is totally cool)
Sure, I added that to the OP

[collapse="Here's the current updated list"]
name | Melee | Brawl | other
2Fast? | | ✔ |
almightypancake | ✔ | |
AmKhokar | ✔ | |
Andrew | ✔ | |
Clay | ✔ | |
CTL | ✔ | |
EPsilon | ✔ | | AE
Eric Kelly | ✔ | |
Flowers | ✔ | |