• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
MorbidAltruisim has taken over as the thread owner, replacing Cobalsh.

Yes, yes. Eevee is a major part of Pokemon, as she is available in the main story of three out of five main series games. So, how would she work in Smash? Here's a picture before:

Now, this moveset is too big for one post, so I'll do Eevee first. Also, transformation doesn't happen during a match, the evolutions are color swaps instead.
[COLLAPSE="Eevee's Moveset"]AAA: Headbutts trice.
Side Smash: Slaps with tail.
Up Smash: Jump tackle.
Down Smash: Scurries.
Grab: Bites.
Pummel: Bites deeper.
Special: Bite: Bites the opponent, and if it misses, a bite mark appears before her.
Side Special: Sand Attack: Throws sand, which stuns the enemy.
Up Special: Tackle: Throws herself bodily upwards.
Down Special: Strength: Like Kong Karry, but with extra strength.
Final Smash: Hyper Beam: Shoots out Hyper Beam, about as wide as Samus' Zero Laser.[/COLLAPSE]

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I love it. More movesets, please!

This right here is a very refreshing idea.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Final Smash

Call Of The Eeveelutions

Eevee summons all seven of its evolutions who walk around. If they hit somebody, they will each use a different attack

Flareon- Flamethrower
Vaporeon- Water Gun
Jolteon- Thunderbolt
Umbreon- Shadow Ball
Espoen- Pyshic
Glaceon- Ice Beam
Leafeon- Razor LEaf

Eahc Hit gives about 10% with more than average knockback.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eevee doesn't really spell playable character if you asked me. Maybe it'll have an involvement as a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Probably my favorite idea of a Pokémon representative but it would be cooler to have the different eeveelutions fit into the combat rather than have them be simply different colours. You'd run into the issue that you can't pick your favorite when doing teammatches.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Maybe if you do have them as colour swaps, but whole bodily and with different specials, but the same A attacks (except for Jolteon on one or two, he forgot his tail). Surely Sakurai wouldn't count them as different characters altogether!? Besides, aside from Eevee, this hitboxes on them are pretty damn similar, so it could definitely work. When I saw the title I thought, oh god, we're onto Eevee now... But I actually like the idea, and it's become my favourite pokemon rep now. I'd most definitely like it! I really like Smashermaster's Final smash though, so all of the eeveelutions should share it, for another thing in common. I think this idea should keep them all the same character in Sakurai's eyes, except for possibly Jolteon and Eevee. You'd need different stats for them though, like Umbreon is like Yoshi, so heavy and hard to get rid of, but still a good recovery, (because he is so hard to get down in the games) whereas Jolteon is faster than the rest of them. I'm sure if you get some stats up, like weight, jump height, speed and traction for each pokemon in the OP then I would be even more for this idea, and it may even sway some others.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Final Smash

Call Of The Eeveelutions

Eevee summons all seven of its evolutions who walk around. If they hit somebody, they will each use a different attack

Flareon- Flamethrower
Vaporeon- Water Gun
Jolteon- Thunderbolt
Umbreon- Shadow Ball
Espoen- Pyshic
Glaceon- Ice Beam
Leafeon- Razor LEaf

looks like a good idea. but why Shadow Ball and not Dark Pulse? Umbreon is a Dark-type, so I think it makes more sense to have a Dark-type move instead of a Ghost-type.

this way, Eevee could represent Generations I, II, and IV at once, thanks to the many evolutions it has.

another crazier idea is to have Eevee to evolve to one of the evolutions, but since evolutions are permanent, this would affect his moves for the rest of the match.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
Cool idea and it is probably the best solution for there being too many 1st gen pokemon in smash bros. Perhaps eevee and the evolution's could replace PK Trainer, Mewtwo replace Lucario and add Zoroark giving the franchise 5 reps (kind of). Maybe you start off with just Eevee and have to unlock the evolution's.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Cool idea and it is probably the best solution for there being too many 1st gen pokemon in smash bros. Perhaps eevee and the evolution's could replace PK Trainer, Mewtwo replace Lucario and add Zoroark giving the franchise 5 reps (kind of). Maybe you start off with just Eevee and have to unlock the evolution's.
I'm sorry but that is the worst thing that can happen. We'd lose 4 non-clone characters!!:glare:

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
I'd rather have Mewtwo instead of Lucario and Pikachu and Jigglypuff won't be taken out, Zoroark seems to be the most popular choice for the newest generation and a lot of people believe PK Trainer should be taken out. I like Pokemon Trainer but if Eevee and her evolutions were to be inteoduced, I think PK Trainer would be the most likely to be removed.
So the Pokemon reps would be:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Eevee and her evolutions

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, this wouldn't work.

Colours are aesthetic. They shouldn't affect the gameplay.

Also, 8 characters in 1 is in my opinion a bit too much. Add that Eevee hasn't the potential to a good moveset due to practical reasons...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Honestly, this wouldn't work.

Colours are aesthetic. They shouldn't affect the gameplay.

Also, 8 characters in 1 is in my opinion a bit too much. Add that Eevee hasn't the potential to a good moveset due to practical reasons...
This so much. If Eevee were to be in the next game, it should just be as Eevee and not as Eevee+every single one of is evolutions.

I'm not opposed to the idea of characters having alternate movesets, but I think if an EX-mode system is implemented, there should only be allowed one alternate moveset.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Maybe if you do have them as colour swaps, but whole bodily and with different specials, but the same A attacks (except for Jolteon on one or two, he forgot his tail). Surely Sakurai wouldn't count them as different characters altogether!? Besides, aside from Eevee, this hitboxes on them are pretty damn similar, so it could definitely work. When I saw the title I thought, oh god, we're onto Eevee now... But I actually like the idea, and it's become my favourite pokemon rep now. I'd most definitely like it! I really like Smashermaster's Final smash though, so all of the eeveelutions should share it, for another thing in common. I think this idea should keep them all the same character in Sakurai's eyes, except for possibly Jolteon and Eevee. You'd need different stats for them though, like Umbreon is like Yoshi, so heavy and hard to get rid of, but still a good recovery, (because he is so hard to get down in the games) whereas Jolteon is faster than the rest of them. I'm sure if you get some stats up, like weight, jump height, speed and traction for each pokemon in the OP then I would be even more for this idea, and it may even sway some others.
Uh... That's what I mean. So, for today:
[COLLAPSE="Flareon's Moveset"]Neutral Special: Ember: Spits out a small flame.
Side Special: Flame Wheel: Falreon jumps, then bodily rolls forward while covered in flame.
Up Special: Fire Spin: Flareons gets ingulfed in a small tornado of fire. Immediatley extinguished if it comes into contact with water.
Down Special: Embargo: An intresting, new move. For ten sconds, enemies cannot use items on Flareon, but Flareon also can't use items. Kind of a win/win.
Flareon is a bit more ranged-styled than the others, and is a bit above average speed.[/COLLAPSE]

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
a lot of people believe PK Trainer should be taken out. I like Pokemon Trainer but if Eevee and her evolutions were to be inteoduced, I think PK Trainer would be the most likely to be removed.
i wouldnt say he was likely to be removed, the pokemon trainers are the main characters id say hes more likely to be updated to a more recent one

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
If he is updated, I hope his Pokemon aren't Oshawott, Servine and Emboar. The most recent generation were my least favorite starters (apart from Snivy!). I would like to have Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken myself as the 3rd gen hasn't had a rep. Pichu was 2nd gen, Lucario was 4th gen and the rest were 1st gen. Plusle and Minun would have been the first 3rd gen reps (that is of course if they were actually intended to be in the game).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If he is updated, I hope his Pokemon aren't Oshawott, Servine and Emboar. The most recent generation were my least favorite starters (apart from Snivy!). I would like to have Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken myself as the 3rd gen hasn't had a rep. Pichu was 2nd gen, Lucario was 4th gen and the rest were 1st gen. Plusle and Minun would have been the first 3rd gen reps (that is of course if they were actually intended to be in the game).
well odds are that gen 6 will have started by the time ssb4 will come out so its possiable that he'll be updated to have the starters from that

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
well odds are that gen 6 will have started by the time ssb4 will come out so its possiable that he'll be updated to have the starters from that
Odds are? No, they aren't. Smash 4 is announced and in developement. Gen 6 isn't. There's the posibility that the game will have fully 3d graphics (not BW 3d, think Colosseum) due to the 3DS's increased graphics, which could put off the release date a fair bit.

And it's unlikely PT will get updated pokemon. Mewtwo's loss caused a huge outcry. The loss of three original movesets would be much worse. If we get any Gen 6 pokemon (which is a pipe dream), I would rather see a/the mascot legendary(ies) for a nice change of pace. Starters are perfectly represented by the originals. The "Lucario" (hyped non-legendary which may or may not be a stable at this point, hard to say with Zoroark's flop) is represented by... Lucario. The 'other' legendaries, the ones that are insignificant to the story of the games, can be represented by Mewtwo when he returns. Pikachu is the normal- er, average pokemon on the roster, and one of the few average pokemon to be generally popular. Jigglypuff was the dark horse/fan favorite at the time (dark horse in game, where it doesn't get anything special). One of the few major areas of pokemon which aren't gifted with a character are mascot legendaries (Okay, Charizard was a mascot early, but he's complicated, and the mascots have taken new meaning since then.)

Also, there was a reference to "Mewtwo Strikes Back" in there. Can you find it?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
[COLLAPSE="Vaporeon's Moveset"]Neutral Special: Water Gun: Same as Squirtle's. except with damage.:scared:
Side Special: Water Pulse: Shoots out a ring of water, which does a neutral amount of damge, and has a chance of stunning the enemy(in a cameo to confusion)
Up Special: Surf: Rides a wave upward for about three seconds.
Down Special: Acid Armor: Shields itself in super-armor for five seconds, also enemies that hit Vapy will recieve Poison damage.[/COLLAPSE]

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Odds are? No, they aren't. Smash 4 is announced and in developement. Gen 6 isn't. There's the posibility that the game will have fully 3d graphics (not BW 3d, think Colosseum) due to the 3DS's increased graphics, which could put off the release date a fair bit.
im basing this on the fact that the last two generations of pokemon lasted 4 years witch if holds true for gen 5 means gen 6 will most likely start in 2014 and sakurai said that that ssb4 would take 2-3 years to develop and given how long it toke to make the last smash bros it seems mostly likely we'll get it around 2015

now this is mostly just my opinion so you'll have to excuse me if you disagree

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
[COLLAPSE="Jolteon's Moveset"]Neutral Special: Pin Missile: Like Sheik's Needels, only it comes from Jolt's back.
Side Special: Double KicK: Runs forward and kicks with two legs.
Up Special: Last Resort: Stores up energy, then jumps up.
Down Special: Charge: Stores up electrical energy, which remains around Jolt like Kirby's Plasma Shield.[/COLLAPSE]

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Eevee seems suitable as a Pokeball summon where it randomly evolves into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, or Glaceon and then attacks with a move based on its type.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I thought up a mechanic for Eevee.

All of the Eeveelutions have their own moveset, and the colour swaps are the different Eeveelutions.

Then, when Eevee hits enough, Eevee evolves and turns into the Pokémon you choose. This is one-way. You cannot change back, and you can quickly press the taunt button while transforming to cancel the transformation.

So you can choose one Eeveelutions depending on your playstyle.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Final Smash

Call Of The Eeveelutions

Flareon- Flamethrower
Vaporeon- Water Gun
Jolteon- Thunderbolt
Umbreon- Shadow Ball
Espoen- Pyshic
Glaceon- Ice Beam
Leafeon- Razor LEaf

Forget Ice Beam. Glaceon should have Frost Breath! (always critical hit) On that note, <3 Glaceon. Easily became my favorite of the Eeveelutions..

Doesn't Squirtle in Brawl already have Water Gun? Maybe Surf or something for Vap, and why Shadow Ball for Umbreon? Shouldn't it be Feint Attack or something? Or Dark Pulse as someone else pointed out.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I sometimes feel like eevee should have been the pokemon mascot and starter since the begining.
Love it and yes pls.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
hey OP there is more u could add to the whole Eevee importance thing. in addition to being obtainable in the main story of 5 games (r/b/y, G/S/C, D/P/PL, and B2/W2) he's also a starter in a couple spinoffs like Colosseum XD, Conquest, Mystery Dungeons Red and Blue Rescue Team and Mystery Dungeon Sky, he gets a mini game in Pokemon Stadium 2, and in Yellow version he is the rivals starter pokemon.

in the manga, Red had a special Eevee that could freely evolve and devolve between the original 3 Eeveelutions, until he eventually evolved into Espeon then he was stuck as that. and then theres all the appearences Eevee has in the anime.

so im just saying u can stress his appearences a little harder.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
This would be fantastic and Eevee should be in instead of Jiggs or Pokemon Trainer

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i feel like im the only one who would be totally cool with Eevee not really evolving. i know that a big thing about the pokemon itself but i can visualize him without evolving working so much better. i know its just me but i would prefer him not to evolve within his normal mechanics.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Make Eevee have 5 evolutions.

Make the Eevee either come out as Eevee, or one of these 5:
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Glaceon
Grasseon (forgot how the green one is called, lol)

Why? Because all of these evolve through stones
The other two (Espeon and Umbreon) evolve through love, which is unpractical to implement

As I said, you have the option to come out as any of those 6 (including Eevee)

Once you're in game, you can evolve with Eevee through, maybe his Smash hit (or w/e it's called) or something like that. You don't get to choose yourself, however.

All 6 of them would have the same basic moveset, but with different side effects

Vaporeon has bigger knock back (water)
Jolteon paralyses the opponements (electric)
Etc.

I think this would work, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom