• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* 103 Entrants GA's largest tournament! NickRiddle needs 2 mm me!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Thanks for all who came out to WABA especially out of region players. It was a lot of fun seeing all of you guys and talking to you guys. HUGE thanks to Blue, Cam, M3T, and Hichez for all the work they put into this tournament. M3troid with the stream, Hichez with all of the graphics, and Cam and Blue for helping at the TO station. Couldn't have done it with all of you. It lasted pretty late, 100 man tournament in one day is hard to complete in a good time so thanks for bearing with us.

Two things about bracket and bracket pools. Sorry if you had to play your friends or people from your region, there was a lot of FL and a lot of GA/AL, it was pretty much impossible to not have FL Vs FL or GA/AL Vs GA/AL, especially when in the main bracket we had to make sure people weren't playing people in their main pool as well, it's just hard to factor all of that stuff in. Bracket pools was having a problem too where people were getting duplicated or removed from the pools together so there were some mistakes in a couple of pools, especially pool 16, so really sorry there, that was my fault :/

On another note we broke GA's largest tournament by just one entrant so that was pretty awesome

Singles (103 Entrants):
1. [FBC] Esam ($760) :pikachu2: :popo:
2. Ally ($380) :snake: :metaknight:
3. Denti ($152) :olimar:
4. Seibrik($76) :metaknight: :dedede:
5. Nick Riddle ($45) :zerosuitsamus:
5. Pwii ($45) :metaknight:
7. BigLou ($30) :diddy: :metaknight:
7. Shaky ($30) :ness2:
9. Player-1 :190:
9. dewdadash :dedede:
9. MJG :toonlink:
9. Ryo :ike:
13. 8Bitman :rob: :pikachu2:
13. Shadow1pj :toonlink:
13. 4God :dedede:
13. Reflex :wario:
17. Trump :fox:
17. Mc Pe :wolf:
17. Arch :toonlink:
17. GDX :diddy: :wario:
17. Sync :olimar: :metaknight:
17. iPresea:pikachu2:
17. Scatt :snake: :olimar:
17. DRN :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight: :diddy:
25. [FBC] Mink :jigglypuff: :zerosuitsamus: :popo:
25. [FBC] Ed :sheilda:
25. Stingers (forfeit) :rob:
25. mampam :diddy:
25. Kyon :peach:
25. 2Link :peach:
25. Apple Jelly :rob:
25. DJ Jack :falco:
33. True Blue :sonic:
33. LionA :fox: :marth:
33. Gadiel VaStar :pit:
33. Iblis :fox:
33. Vice :metaknight:
33. killik :sheik:
33. h1n1 :popo:
33. Player-3 :marth: :fox:
33. Ish :wolf:
33. Zano :marth:
33. Fernando :metaknight:
33. Ryker :falco:
33. Lad :falco:
33. Spade :marth:
33. Stockfield :snake:
33. Neo X :wario:

Bracket: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/bigbut6/WABASinglesBracket.gif

-Pools Cutoff-
49. CJ
49. Flea
49. Hichez
49. B Unit
49. Kalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalalal (hero)
49. m3t
49. killnator
49. SS4A
49. CrimsonSun
49. Goofball
49. DC
49. Blue
49. Uncle
49. Player-4
49. Micaelis (actually got 2nd seed in his pool, but forfeited)
49. SSBBDaisy
65. Actionb
65. tml
65. aurua
65. linkQ
65. Neto
65. Zeke
65. Dyno
65. Michael
65. Blindspot
65. Michael Hilliard
65. Awakened M
65. noid
65. booooooo
65. chonga
65. nova
65. tgk
65. orangemamba
65. dorko
65. paper
65. kuro
65. pie
65. reckless
65. reflection
65. aml?!
65. rockbandit
65. rock hero
65. griffin
65. sexy pit
65. ex justice
65. BBQ
65. kaptain
96. Kman
96. walrose
96. lolilovesrain
96. Lucas
96. elvis
96. Sakika
96. Kishoto
96. Zomb

Pools brackets will be coming soon

Doubles (32 Teams):
1. Shaky and Nick Riddle ($320)
2. Ally and MJG ($160)
3. Get Your Vegetables and Pink Eye (Denti and Reflex) ($96)
4. Pwii and Shadow1PJ ($32)
5. Player-1 and Seibrik ($16...but actually got $8)
5. Mink and Esam ($16...but actually got $8)
7. Sonic Blade (True Blue and Ryo)
7. BigLou and DRN
9. 8Bitman and Stingers
9. Ed and Trump
9. We're Taking it From BigLou (Mampam and Gallax)
9. aml?! and Gadiel Vastar
13. Killik and Sync
13. GDX and DJ Jack
13. Mc Pe and Dyno
13. Ryker and M3T
17. XXX (Goofball and Xjustice)
17. The League of Awesome and Cool (Ipresa and Lolicanoli)
17. Scatt and Neo X
17. Allstars (Neto and Bloo)
17. Apple Jelly and Kyon
17. Billy and Funky
17. Vice and H1N1
17. Killnator and Uncle
25. Reckless and Expendable
25. Jigglypuff (Player-4 and Hichez)
25. Hex123 and Grimwaulc
25. Awake and Blind
25. Reflection and Pie
25. Team I Forgot About (Tommy and BBQ)
25. Paper and Dorko
25. Nova and Jason

All Videos will be uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashBrosTVLive

Go ahead and subscribe too, if all goes right we should have every single bracket match that was played saved and recorded and hopefully uploaded soon so stay tuned for that

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
It should really only be Georgia's biggest Brawl tournament. The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out was bigger.

Couldn't get a ride at last minute. What can you do?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Has Denti played Esam before? I wonder how he'd do. I don't even know if Esam has played Rich brown or Denti. Confirm?

:018:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament glad I could help keep it smooth sailing and shout-outs later

If any find a silver gamecube controller with red and blue sharpie marks on it let me know since I left it at the T.O. booth and someone accidentally picked it up, send me a pm if you would please

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, I don't personally have the ones on the livestream. Those were captured directly onto M3t's computer. Also, we are focusing on bracket matches, but it's up to M3t.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad I could make it to Waba! This is by far the biggest, and most entertaining tournament I've been to.

I got to meet my favorite smasher, Esam! Plus my best friend, LoliLovesRain.

Shout outs:

(Obviously) Esam: It was very nice meeting you, and you played so well (as usual). Good stuff coming 1st. Close sets against Ally. Keep it up bro.

Ally: You were also a big named player I was looking forward to finally meeting. You played very well too, and brought a lot of hype in your sets. Good stuff.

Shaky&Nick Riddle: My God! I'm not used to all that hype. You almost gave me a heart attack! Haha.

Nick Riddle, you did so well at keeping Shaky healed. Also, you did quite a few things that surprised us all... which would explain all the screaming in your ear, lol. (Florida too good)

Shaky.... good God man! Getting a kill only 6 seconds into the match.... haha. You played phenomenally well, so props to you. I was practically screaming at all times because of all the crazy stuff you were doing :p By far my favorite part of the tournament was watching you play in doubles.

Trump: Very good Fox. Getting Ally down to last stock, last hit both matches... that's impressive. Keep it up.

Stockfield: New friend! You were very kind to me, and I enjoyed our friendly matches. I know I'm bad, but I've only been playing for 3 months, so I enjoy any and all friendlies I can get. It's helping a lot.

(Can't remember your name) Sorry. But you were in my pools, and you were a Peach main. You got 2 stitch faces on me, winning you both matches. Honestly, I'm not even upset. I kinda got hyped for you, because the way it happened was just funny, yet cool at the same time. Good games.

To keep the list kinda short, I'll end it with, thank you to everyone that played friendlies with me, and gave me advice. Also, just everyone that was nice to me period. It's nice to have a community like this, to where noobs aren't just looked down upon.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped run the tournament. You put in a lot of work, and it paid off. Like I said, amazing tournament :)

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
you said you were giving $50 dollars to the two cars traveling the furthest.
WHERE THE **** IS MY $50.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Fun tourney. Everyone who got 17th lost last stock last hit game 3 in losers :laugh:

:phone:

HolyNightmaress

Smash Cadet
HypeDog was missed

I'm so glad I decided not to chicken out and go to this blasted thing. I had a great time, met a lot of people. ^^

I'm really bad with names though D: But a really, really special thanks to DRN and Player-1 for the rides and housing and for being generally nice and amazing people. The next time I see you guys I'm giving you a cashug. :c <3

Was fun to finally meet my friend Ally ^^

Also, lots of love to LoliLovesRain and MJG who I didn't expect to meet but am glad I did ;O

Shoutouts to PJ, Ed for his hat and getting my shirt reference, and everyone else I talked to (you know who you are :3 <3)

10/10 would do again. :smash: <--irrelevant smiley but omfg didn't know this existed it's so good.

P.S. Fk ice climbers.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Like I said before, it was nice seeing everyone in the smash community again. Might try to come major things or more things Lou drags me out for XD

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
I had fun in this tournament and I have never seen too much people in a Brawl tournament. That was awesome.

I'm glad to meet too many people in this tournament, play friendlies and talk with all of them.

Top Bottom