• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 5: The Man With the Golden Sword

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 5:
The Man With the Golden Sword

A Project: M Tournament

Please Note:
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Try not to curse.
This tourney starts earlier because we need to leave venue by 9PM, so we'll be running things smoothly. If you're going to be late, let me know via text/etc!

Sodas, energy drinks, snacks, and maybe hotdogs available on site. Bring a couple extra bucks so you can be caffeinated out.

When: starts 11AM Saturday, December 15th

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M and Melee Singles and Doubles.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588

Schedule:
11:00AM Doubles registration and friendlies
12:30PM Doubles start
2:30PM Singles registration
3:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. FREE VENUE if you bring a full setup that we use for the tourney.

Entry Fee:
Venue: $3 (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

If there are less than 10 entrants for an event, payout will instead be 70/30.

Project M Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

[glow]Singles Stagelist:[/glow]
STARTERS:
Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi’s Island Brawl (Doubles Only)​

After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). Alternately, a player may elect to instead ban two stages.

Stage groups;
Group 1: Small Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, WarioWare, Metal Cavern

Group 2: Flat Stages
Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Group 3: Big Stages
Dreamland, Rumble Falls, Skyworld, Dracula's Castle, Skyloft (Singles Only), Hyrule Castle (Doubles Only)

Group 4: Changing Stages
Port Town Aero Dive, Kongo Jungle 64, Halberd, Rainbow Cruise

Melee Ruleset
Melee ruleset will be using the FC-Legacy stagelist.

• 4 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit (first-round pools may be 3-stock, 6 minutes)
  • Sets will be either best-of-3 or best-of-5 as time allows, announced prior to each stage
  • Items OFF
  • Team Attack ON
  • Pause Disabled during Teams
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks remaining, then lower (total in teams) percentage. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time runs out with both players at equal percent, a one-stock, three-minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
  • Master Hand and Meta Knight are banned
  • Continuing uninterruptible moves past 350% will result in a forfeit

Stage List:
[glow]Singles:[/glow]
Starters/MBR5:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Mute City

[glow]Teams:[/glow]
Starters/MBR5:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Pokémon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Jungle Japes
Corneria
KJ64

Set Procedure:
1. Players may agree to play with MBR5 shortened stage list only
2. To select the first stage, players strike from the 5 starter stages using the pattern P1-P2-
P2-P1
3. After the first round, the winning player may permanently ban two stages from the complete list
of 9. The losing player will then select a counter-stage from the remaining choices, then the
winning player will select his character, then the losing player will select his character.
4. Play proceeds in this fashion until the set is complete. If a best-of-5, players only make their 2
bans after their first win of the set. They do not get additional bans for each win.
5. A player may not select a stage he/she banned him/herself. No stage may be played twice, unless
both players agree.

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
December 15th it is folks!
As before, if Project M version 2.5 is released in time, the tournament format will use the 2.5 codeset.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I'm not from this area but the tourney names keep getting better and better I love it

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Selthon, you still have to teach me melee.
I'm still down! Just gotta come, and I've gotta get a little time to sit down with ya ;)
I'm not from this area but the tourney names keep getting better and better I love it
Thank you! I put a good amount of work into them, and I'm not even sure if anyone is catching the fact that I'm corrupting movie subtitles lol

D

Deleted member

Better now lose in singles really ****ing early this time.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
going for melee, need a partner if my usual partner isnt going. My falcon *****.

D

Deleted member

Kush, we need to play friendlies. If you want to team then lets do it, just don't abandon me for rob next time and then lose against our kirby and mewtwo :(

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
lmaooo i will see whats up at the tourney guys, and yeah zach im down for some friendlies as always!

zach if we team you cant whine... i understand winning is sick but you cant win em all and besides just come back stronger next time:)

D

Deleted member

I know I'm :salt: but I can't help it lol.
btw if I bring my melee setup, Batman falcon vs. Captain Falcon Falco. Weeeeeeee.

D

Deleted member

not to be rude, but I personally feel that you have no need to post random unrelated things about melee on a pm tourney thread.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Right... Because we weren't just talking about melee doubles, And ken wasnt the best melee player in the world for a number of years.
I think it's relevent.

but you keep feeling those feels bro. More power to ya.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

We were talking about partners, and it wasn't even a major conversation. This isn't the thread for random things though, go find the dfw thread and discuss there.

D

Deleted member

If were just saying random things then...
Hbox played in the impulse crew battle for brawl with jiggs
I beat pokemon stadium last night
My utorrent speed goes at 0.1 kbps sometimes
Blah.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
That is very interesting, you are very interesting.

Anyways, i'm maining a new melee character now. Hopefully I've got enough practice in with him to do do good at the tourney.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
LumpyFish...

melee fish match?
There can only be one.
Two fishes may not co-exist in one screen, so we should partner up. That is, if your not teaming with Thoraxe.

i'm down for freindlies, though you will problably win. I'm still learning.

something about this is a bit fishy....

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
as of today im teaming with thoraxe, prepare to get ***** by luigi/falcon:bee:

D

Deleted member

Yay less Sheik!

I mean I hope to see you another time.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Okay so, I think they have me scheduled to work this weekend, so I don't know if I can make it. I'll ask and see if I can get it off or not.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
So there's gonna be melee at this as a side event type thing right? Any idea how many people would enter? I am gonna be visiting from NC and showing up with Taiki. I'll probably enter PM too because that game is pretty fun but I'm just curious about the melee situation

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So there's gonna be melee at this as a side event type thing right? Any idea how many people would enter? I am gonna be visiting from NC and showing up with Taiki. I'll probably enter PM too because that game is pretty fun but I'm just curious about the melee situation
Ah, sorry, I never went back and clarified. There will indeed be a Melee side event!
We had around 11 entrants last time, if I had to guess I would say around that amount.

Top Bottom