• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do a Barrel Roll!: Peppy Hare Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Peppy Hare has been a major part of Star Fox since the beginning. He captured gamer's hearts with his tips and tricks, especially regarding barrel rolls, and now it's time for Smash fans to relinquish his awesomeness.

Peppy would play out being able to jump high and hit hard. He would be slow, as he is a little old, and heavy due to his gut(if I'm the only one who noticed this, then everyone else is slow). He would have specials more based off of his experience as an elder, meaning he has slightly older weapons.

Neutral Special: Old Blaster: Faster than Wolf's and slower than Fox's. Also shoots out green.
Side Special: Barrel Roll: Runs forward and spins twice. You can't stop him from spinning if he goes off the edge.
Up Special: Hare Jump: Puts power in his legs in a final jump upwards. Takes him as high up as Sonic's Spring.
Down Special: Grenade: Throws three grenades, each slightly bigger than Snake's Grenades. They can chain a combo, and can launch light-weights easily.
Final Smash: Great Fox: Peppy calls the Great Fox, which appears in the background. It automatically homes in on enemies, and shoots them with the main lasers. Peppy can move freely, and the lasers can't hurt him. Interestingly enough, if the other character is Peppy, the lasers will not track them. As a cameo, R.O.B. 64 appears in the cockpit.

Supporters:
Tepig2000, EroticandHeretic, legendofrob

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Neutral special - Broken if used at the right time.
Side special - Terrible and if all of his moves were like this he'd be bottom tier!
Down special - Way, WaY, WAY broken. I can't tell you how broken that is!
Up special - Neutral, but apparently a worse copy of Sonics...
Yep, not the best move-set. Anyway, as an actual character wanting to get into smash, he IS one of the top 3! Observe:
1)Krystal (unfortunately, I'd want Slippy here though!)
2)Slippy! (YAY!)
3)Peppy (<'.'<)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Needs to be fixed up and made less broken.

Also, Demile > Peppy in terms of a legamorph fighter.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, young Peppy or no Peppy. His old man voice is annoying.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If I had the opportunity I'd have Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy as the only playable SF characters in smash bros. The main 4 are the real important ones anyway. Krystal is a terrible character, people over exaggerate her importance and she never was important to begin with. I like Wolf (I prefer the N64 one), and I'd prefer he stay but 5 characters is really pushing it. 4 is enough if it's the ones I've mentioned or switch Peppy with Wolf for the sake of having Fox's rival (or for the big reason, no cuts).

:phone:

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, i've been reading everything on this thread in Peppy's voice. It's a really unforgetable voice...

Still better than Slippy though.
Slippy is more interesting because he's the tech/weapons guy, which allows for more originality in his moveset. He's not strong physicly but makes up for it with his gadgets.
Peppy's main thing is his strategic and teaching capabilities, something that doesn't implement well in a fighting game.
If there is a 4th Starfox character, he/she should be completely unique from the rest of them because a major complaint with the SF characters is their similarity(yes, blabla Wolf very unique, no need to bring up that argument again).

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Peppy's main thing is his strategic and teaching capabilities, something that doesn't implement well in a fighting game.
The thing is, Smash is supposed to be unique. A flying character didn't make much sense in fighting games either, or percentages. But look where we are now. Nothing's impossible.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Peppy could be very good at CQC.:snake:

But I would choose Slippy first over Peppy, and Falco....

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, Smash is supposed to be unique. A flying character didn't make much sense in fighting games either, or percentages. But look where we are now. Nothing's impossible.
Being strategic doesn't work for a moveset, especially not with Peppy because the people he guides are already in the game(so they can't be put into the moveset like with Olimar).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The flying characters we have now are also adept at grounded combat as well, a true flying character like Pidgeot (while perhaps not impossible) still would be a stretch to make work in Smash.

Not everything is possible, at least to Sakurai; he's dismissed nearly half a dozen retro characters and both the AC and Nintendog series.

That said, Peppy could quite easily be implemented into Smash, but his strategic capabilities wouldn't be part of his moveset (at least no more than any other current character's strategic capabilities). Plus Krystal, Slippy, and possibly even Leon would get in before him.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
That said, Peppy could quite easily be implemented into Smash, but his strategic capabilities wouldn't be part of his moveset (at least no more than any other current character's strategic capabilities). Plus Krystal, Slippy, and possibly even Leon would get in before him.
Is there anything other than that, that makes Peppy unique? He wasn't that good of a pilot, he wasn't that good of a foot soldier, he isn't that great in hand-to-hand combat. I don't see Peppy having something that sets him apart from the other characters and would make him a good/unique addition to the roster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is there anything other than that, that makes Peppy unique? He wasn't that good of a pilot, he wasn't that good of a foot soldier, he isn't that great in hand-to-hand combat. I don't see Peppy having something that sets him apart from the other characters and would make him a good/unique addition to the roster.
They could blow his not being that good of at stuff to comical proportions

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, neither do I, I just meant that technically it wouldn't be "impossible" for Peppy to appear either as a semi-clone or unique (not that he will appear). I agree, he really doesn't have anything to set himself apart combat-wise. Ofc Sakurai could just fabricate another moveset like with Fox, but... it's Peppy. The effort won't be made when he is the payoff. :laugh:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Peppy should be a sumo wrestler with a little hint of Fox. Just imagine, Sakurai's version of Ganryu or E. Honda...but with a blaster! :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Peppy should be a sumo wrestler with a little hint of Fox. Just imagine, Sakurai's version of Ganryu or E. Honda...but with a blaster! :awesome:

I almost choked on my cereal when I read this. Peppy the Fire Sumo! :troll:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I was surprised this thread got bumped earlier. I've been working on a move set for Peppy and was going to post it in a Starfox General thread I'm going to make. Pretty illustrations included.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, I didn't want something of such glorious quality to be lost to mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom