• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
A Newcomer has Appeared!

Im surprised nobody ever posted about this orange guy.

So basically this thread is about: Blaziken. Now why would he be a good replacement for Lucario? Well Blaziken is a Fighting type, but also a Fire type to give it a little spice.

Lets talk a bit on moves:

B- Could be his Flame Thrower like Charizard or maybe a quick straight fire "lazor"

Up B- Could be a High-Jump Kick

Right/Left B- Could be something like Marths counter. Only he has a firey aura around him, burning the other opponent.

Now there are more but Ill leave that up to you

Now why Blaziken?

Blaziken is a well known Pokemon by many fans. He is a superb starter and maybe the best one yet imo.

Why not Zoroark?

Now even though Zoroark is very popular as well and he could catch some new people's attention, he can't catch some of the kids (now teens/adults) attentions who never played SSB. I can't feel as though a good move set could be made with Zoroark. But hey, that's me.

Write your opinions below :)

peeup

Smash Lord
If they're going to put in any new pokemans, it's definitely 100% going to be Zoroark. He's this generation's Lucario, who was last generation's Mewtwo (hardly, but enough I guess for Sakurai.) I love pokemon, but they have enough reps. Ditch Lucario and give us Mewtwo back, leave everything else alone.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I've always wondered, wth is Blaziken supposed to be? Most pokémons get their inspiration from animals but Blaziken goes from chick=>chicken=> person in a chickensuit?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literal interpretation of cockfighting, perhaps?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought he was based on **** fighting, which is an odd thing to add to pokemon which is often compared with **** fighting/ dog fighting in negative light.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The only chance you get for Blaziken is on May. And I don't really think she's getting in.

Hmm... Apparently he was a Latias!!! It'll be interesting to see who was created first though, because one pokemon clearly stole traits from this beta design in the art. I thought of Latias before Blaziken in that picture though! He is apparently based on a rare breed of cockfight chicken called the shamo. However, other theories are the fire-breathing chicken (I have to get one!) called the basan or Hora and Ra, 2 egyptian gods that look like hawks. Seriously guys, instead of asking just look it up on Bulbapedia!

"Write your opinions below"
I like pineapple.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
YOU LIKE PINEAPPLE TOO?!

*ahem*

Back on topic:

So I never received any answers on what would be a good move set on Blaziken.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
I'd prefer Infernape over Blaziken, but I still think he'd be a decent albeit unlikely choice.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
B- Fire Punch. Semi-clone of Falcon Punch. Is faster and does a little damage and medium knockback.

Up B- Sky Upercut. Blaziken jumps and then slides. No damage.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
blaziken gets in if the gen 3 pokemon trainer gets in. or the mixed gen PT. like mudkip grovyle and blaziken. idk about the mixed gen yet but it seems possible. blaziken probably wont come alone

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I support blaziken as a Pokemon rep. None of this zoroarck crap. I disagree with the B special. And feel it should r a little more Kick based. Maybe like Mega Kick as a special, like Ganons punch

:phone:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
As far as a Pokemon replacement goes I am all for changing up Pokemon Trainer to include Blaziken. (Piplup and Bayleef for water/grass starters as well as representing all five gens seeing that Zoroark/Victini will get the spot for 5th gen)

B: Flamethrower
B^: Sky Uppercut
Bv: Switch
B>:Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick. (The other can be his side smash)

I'd say these moves definitely represent his moveset in the Pokemon series well. Though I'd say there's almost a 0 percent chance he will appear alone, he has a chance to appear with other Pokemon under Pokemon Trainer. I'm all for it.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'd say Blaziken's chance came in SSBB. Once that was passed, it's odds decreased greatly.

However, as has been mentioned, it could maybe come if there's a "Female Pokemon Trainer"/May, which would likely use Mudkip (because everybody loves Mudkip), Grovyle and Blaziken.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
I thought of a a somewhat unique and non-cloned moveset for his specials, I'll include a full moveset in the future.

Neutral special: Either fire blast or ember that function similar to each other, blaziken spits out a projectile which travels some distance then hits the opponent in similar fashion to lucas' pk fire.This can be charged.
Side Special:Brave Bird, Blaziken charges for a bit, then moves forward similarly to fire fox. This can be use diagonally upwards or downwards. Does 3 hits but it is very laggy at the end think of link's up special on the ground. when used in mid air, the lag is decreased , and blaziken doesn't fall during the end-lag. It makes him helpless, however.
Up Special: Sky Uppercut, which does more damage when the opponent is directly above blaziken's fist.

Down Special: Mirror Move. Now this functions similarly to marth's counter, Blaziken waits for the opponent to attack, then he side steps very quickly then attacks back. He has 3 different attacks depending on which move the opponent used.

1: He quicks the opponent which applies for most melee and slash hits.

2. He spits back a fire projectile depending on the projectile that hit him. Only works with fire projectiles.

3. He performs his up special when the opponent does theirs. does not make him helpess though it travels 30% the height.

If any of the attacks don't fit the criteria, he simply side steps. All hits do 1.2 the damage the move would've done.

Final Smash: Who cares about this s*** Flare Blitz; basically ho-oh's attack in melee + Brawl.

gen 3 didn't really get a rep, so blaziken would fit the criteria.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Blaziken's megaevolution has given me renewed hope! My fav. Pokemon ever 2

I was going to post the same thing, except he's not my favorite Pokémon. My favorite is Tepig (pretty obvious because of my username)​

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
its too bad the generation of pokemon he came from sucked and is now irrelevant. He has no chance basically. Its usually the recent generation or the 1st generation that are included in the roster when it comes to pokemon reps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The cool thing about Mege evolution is it applies to all gens so they all have a chance.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
The cool thing about Mege evolution is it applies to all gens so they all have a chance.
good god, the pokemon series is driving itself into ground lately. I expect these types of flop gimmicks to come from digimon. SMH

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well someone is full of sunshine today.

Blaziken was always my favorite choice for a Gen 3 rep. Just never had an attack that could be a suitable final smash. 'til naow.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I'm always full of sunshine. Thats why you like me so much ;)

but really. generation 3 was a massive decline for the pokemon series. Its when the starter pokemon started looking ugly.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Like it or not Blaziken is highly popular in general, not just as far as Gen III goes. The Mega evolution also gives it renewed relevance. Blaziken may not be the most likely contender, but it's certainly a viable one.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
GUYS, I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING BLAZIKEN SINCE I HEARD OF A NEW SMASH GAME!!!!! I actually wanted him to replace PT (that would have been a bad idea), and now I get this thread. Anyways, here is my idea.

So I don't want him to be a Falcon clone, so this might b difficult

Specials:
Neutral- Flamethrower. Wait BaPr, don't Bowser and Charizard have a move like that? Yes, but this one is different. You see, Blaziken;s Flamethrower won't last as long as those attacks, but he can choose the direction and it has more range. It will be like Mario's FLUDD, but this one is worth something!
Down- Overheat, it will take some start up time, but it has okay range and attacks everywhere.
Side Option A- Fire Blast- Can't be used as a recovery move, but is a good projectile. What happens is he shoots it and it is as fast as Wolf's laser gun.
Side Option B- Blaze Kick, he needs his signature move. It kinda works like Falcon/Ganondorf's down B, but it goes straight regardless of whether he is on the ground or not.
Up- Sky Uppercut, Blaziken is said to be able to jump as high as tall buildings, so I think this move should be really high.

Tilts/Jabs
Jab- It doesn't matter to me, maybe a punch kick kick
Ftilt- he swings his arm in a horizontal attack
D TIlt- Low kick?
U tilt- Punches upwards
Dash: jumps in the air and kicks while moving foward, kinda like Guy/Gai Sensei's dynamic entry

Aerials:
Nair- Does a front flip with his leg pointing out. The direction you fly depends on where he kicked you from
Fair (more like unFair haha)- Does a kick in front of him
Bair- spins around and kicks behind him
Dair- Not really sure how it would work, but it might be a clone move to Sonic's Dair
Uair- might be like Mario's Uair.

Final Smash (a bit OP):
Blaze (ability).
Blaziken has been having trouble in his battles and he is starting to weaken. This is where his Blaze ability comes in. His neutral, side, and down specials all become stronger, and he becomes a faster character. His jumps are higher, and all his moves cause more knockback.
The reason I chose those three specials is because they are all fire type attacks, and those are his fire moves.

Upgraded Side Special Option A:
If his side special is fire blast, he shoots a bigger, faster, and more powerful one with less start up lag

Upgraded Side Special Option B:
If it is blaze kick, he flies in a straight direction for as long as you want (you can KO yourself, so watch out). This can be used multiple times in the air and won't leave you vulnerable after using it.

Upgraded Down Special:
Overheat has far more range, and causes the opponent to become burnt (they keep taking damage for a short time, but they don't flinch)

And now my personal favorite
Upgraded Neutral Special:
Flamethrower becomes longer ranged and it lasts forever (until FS time runs out). You can hold the B button down and aim the direction you want to shoot. This is perfect for when some one gets knocked off stage and you can just use it to keep them off.

but really. generation 3 was a massive decline for the pokemon series. Its when the starter pokemon started looking ugly.
What are you talking about?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
There is a Torchic event that being the first event for X and Y, maybe this could increase Blaziken's chances?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
There is a Torchic event that being the first event for X and Y, maybe this could increase Blaziken's chances?
Torchic event? What is that?! I can't believe I never heard of it.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice

Gen 3 was successful, like all gens, so there's no "massive decline". It ain't the worst in terms of Sales either.Gen 5 is. "when the starter pokemon started looking ugly". Huh what? Firstly that's subjective and I think Gen 5 have much much uglier Pokemon.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure by now the roster has been finalized unless it's a Sonic type of situation like in Brawl (which Blaziken definitely doesn't warrant).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, with them giving out special torchic's to everyone day 1 the game is being released...I see no reason why anyone would need to get Fennigan

Froakie FTW

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace

Thats all opinion, i think they were the best starters yet.
and how was it a "massive decline" it added weather effects, abilities and berries. The first 2 gens had such huge problems that everyone seems to completely ignore because of nostalgia.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
and how was it a "massive decline" it added weather effects, abilities and berries. The first 2 gens had such huge problems that everyone seems to completely ignore because of nostalgia.
Preach it!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I worked so hard to make that moveset and no one replies :facepalm:. I guess it wasn't that good then.
My favorite starters were def third gen ones. Especially Blaze man.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

It was a massive decline because all the pokemon were ugly. Including the starters.

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
It was a massive decline because all the pokemon were ugly. Including the starters.
Sorry dude. Gen 3 has the best designs by any generation, in my opinion. There are other ppl who think that way too. Your Gen1+2 fanboyism is neither needed nor asked for. You go have your opinion and don't pester us with it. Whether you think they are ugly or not doesn't say anything about the chances of Blaziken to be in Smash 4 -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom