• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Take My Stock! - A Gainesville Smash Tournament - DASHIZWIZ, PLUP, BLEA!!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hungrybox Presents:

DON'T TAKE MY STOCK

Alrighty, everyone. It's time for another Melee tournament, but in a new place.

I'm not sure what I heard about NLL closing down/moving locations, but since their spot is in limbo, me and some other smashers in Gainesville have decided to put a tournament together.

The idea was put forth and Ocala and Jacksonville automatically displayed interest. Since Gainesville is a bit up north I don't see why regions like Georgia or Alabama or NWFL wouldn't be able to make it.

$10 Singles Entry
$10 Doubles Entry
$3 Door Fee

The venue is CLO, a living Co-op that offers a big recreation room and dining area with more than enough room for dozens of setups, as well as an upstairs projection system.

Regardless, let's make this happen! Message me for questions or details.

ADDRESS

117 NW 15TH STREET
GAINESVILLE, FL​

All Events will begin at Noon.

Melee Doubles/Brawl Doubles at 12:00

Melee Singles/ Brawl Singles no later than 4:00

Contact = 407-488-0510

PLEASE BRING SETUPS, TVS, CUBES, WIIS, ANYTHING YOU HAVE!

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Will definitely be there myself. Will hopefully have 3 other people with me.

Gonna try to convince more cars from Jax to drive down as well but Jax is real good at sitting on their ***** so can't guarantee anything on that front.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Wait what's the problem exactly? One is a Brawl tournament and one is a Melee tournament. Unless of course you play both... In which case pick the game you like better.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Omg 3 tournies on the same day. Why? wouldn't it be more fun to have one and invite more peeps? What if we fused gainesville's and CFL's somehow? just saying... or someone should move the date...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
How far is this from Mobile. Doubt I'll make this one, but if there's a closer venue in FL, and it's not horrible long, I could see myself coming out to these rather consistently.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We've got a car. Six hours is about as bad as Huntsville, so you won't be winning any competition for my attendance over another AL tourney, but possibly every now and again. Is there a Megabus stop and housing in Gainesville by chance?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm so ready for this. Have way too many exams this week, next week will be looking forward to :cool:. Still undecided if I plan on going to this or the one in orlando, but maybe this if exams are kicking my *** next week.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
We've got a car. Six hours is about as bad as Huntsville, so you won't be winning any competition for my attendance over another AL tourney, but possibly every now and again. Is there a Megabus stop and housing in Gainesville by chance?
The only Housing I could provide is for like one person. However, I can provide rides to and fro the bus station.

If you were to ask some other people in Gainesville perhaps they could help you out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The only Housing I could provide is for like one person. However, I can provide rides to and fro the bus station.

If you were to ask some other people in Gainesville perhaps they could help you out.
Could probably make it work if you give me advance warning on dates so I can get cheap Megabus tickets. I really don't mind the travel time.

Zone

Smash Champion
No guarantee, but I'll ask

Ram
Rice
Mankosuki
TheBoss
Ragnarok

I'm usually always down for a tournament, just not by myself so it depends on how many people want to come with me.

I rarely check the boards at all anymore. I've been playing compeittive MK9 a lot more lately.

so if you need an update from me just text me at 850-532-9666

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Omg interest list:

Hungrybox
Eikelmann
Jas
Gage
Jax player
Jax player
Dewdadash
BluEG
Volts
Soft
Onish
Linguini
Ram
Rice
Mankosuki
TheBoss
Ragnarok
Kys
Colbol
David Perez
5-10 Gainesville locals
Jj
AsianRaven
Pyro
Garrison
Hiroi
Pi
Plup
Rekrul
Jordan
Kris Rose
Matt Kiep
Michael Lee
Mitchel walker
Moe!!!
Neeyom
Ryan Howard
Sword dancer
Miels Clifton
Shawn Abraham's
Blea Gelo
DaShizWiz
Spider sense
Lotto
Tank
Sheer madness

Brian Valle + 2 friends

"clay, jason, ryan, tipman, kevin, myself, gabe and his brother"
-Blea

In other words, get hype.

:phone:

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Alrighty guys, this is only a few days away! Looking like we're gonna have 50+ people!

And local Gainesville players whom I've never met text me each day asking about the tournament! Gonna be lots of people.

Apparently 64 is really big here.

BRING SETUPS AND TVS!!!!!!!

Info on price and payouts:

Melee Singles is the main event that this is revolving around, so it's $10. Doubles is $10 a team.

64 Doubles and Singles is $5 a person and $10 a team.

Brawl is the same as 64.

$3 DOOR FEE is mandatory. It's the cost of the venue (CLO) and none of it goes to me. All of it goes to the Co-op. By paying door fee you're allowed to play friendlies all day. You can't participate in any of the events if said door fee is not paid.

LET'S MAKE IT HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

kys

Smash Ace
Hbox, do you have an idea of when 64 will start? That will sort of determine if I can make it or not.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
^ Who cares if you can't make the actual event if you can still come and play friendlies? That's just as good almost. Don't you live in G-ville anyway?

Oh and this should be named "Don't take my stock bro" you know cause the "don't taze me bro" thing that happened at UF a couple years ago..

Top Bottom