• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Rep at Apex 2013 - massive thanks and shoutouts page 2

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hey guys,

My name's Attila, a snake main from Australia, and I will be coming to Apex 2013 as the single Australian brawl representative.

Just to give you guys a little bit of history, I started playing this game a few months after it came out, but only really became a force in my region after a visit from m2k in 2010. He ***** everyone, myself included, but this provided me with a means to begin to improve. The next year, I won three consecutive majors, and did not drop a set in almost 18 months.

My attention to the game began to drift a little; the reason that I had to improve simply was not there anymore. I had been too dominant for too long. My innovative play began to stale.

Then I watched Apex 2012.

There was a hype and an atmosphere about that tourney that I had never seen anywhere else. The level of skill demonstrated was, quite frankly, incredible. These players were far above my level, competing at a tournament that was better than I could fathom.

I decided I needed to experience Apex.

So I began pooling some cash together, in preparation for a trip in 2013. I had a fairly substantial amount of money saved, but an untimely injury forced me to undergo hip surgery, surgery which I could not avoid, and could not afford.

So I had to wait until I could formally announce my presence at Apex; I needed to assess whether it was financially viable. And although I came to the original conclusion that I could not afford the trip, armed with a hefty credit card, I decided that I could not afford to miss this experience.

So, I'm coming to Apex.

That being said, if anyone is able to donate, that would be much appreciated. Seriously, anything would make a rather large difference.

Money aside, I want to get the most out of this experience as possible. I want to meet everyone, in and outside of smash, play plenty of MMs, and do everything. I'm a pretty social guy, so if you're around, come over and introduce yourself; I've got a pretty cool accent.

Cheers guys,

Attila

MMs:
nick $5
fatal $5
infinite $5
raptor $5
MT $5
Zero $20 Bo3
Zek
Zinoto

Attila_

BRoomer
i'm kinda sad this thread didn't get more of a look.

no one wants mms? no one wants to hang? geez.

surely i'm not that scary.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I really hope you get to go!

Attila_

BRoomer
Booked flights today. Will be arriving in LAX on the 8th of Jan.

Am currently tossing up flying straight to NY, or flying somewhere else first. If there is another community that has any interest in taking me for a few days in the lead up to apex, I'd love for them to speak up. I'm a pretty cool guy <3

Actually, one other thing. I'd like to volunteer for the 'USA vs the WORLD' crew battle, but don't know who to talk to. if someone could pass on that information, that would be much appreciated.

Attila_

BRoomer
i suppose canada is a little out of the way lol. i'd be flying from west to east, so pretty much all of the us is 'on the way'.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Crews are being organized by Leon and Orion. At the moment no official list has been announced. And I've asked Orion a lot about it.

Also, MM me! $20 BO3?

(I'll also accept if you want to lower the amount).

Attila_

BRoomer
Crews are being organized by Leon and Orion. At the moment no official list has been announced. And I've asked Orion a lot about it.

Also, MM me! $20 BO3?

(I'll also accept if you want to lower the amount).
cool as; keep me in the loop about crews.

i also accept your mm :)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Real talk thought the thread title said "Australian Rap at Apex 2013" and I was all "the ****?"

Good **** mang, makes me feel bad for probably not going when I'm so much closer than you are.

Good stuff

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I'm sure Hall and Oats would pick you up from LAX man. San Diego is only a few hours away. : )

And I can throw you a few bucks when I see you. :]

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

don't worry attila. america isn't fully prepared for your awesomeness yet

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Atilla just like any other australian drinks a lot, gets really angry and fights all the time.

Do us proud atilla

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Awesome to have more International rep @ Apex, real glad to hear you can make it man :)

Defs down to MM you, how does $5 BO5 sound?

Attila_

BRoomer
I'll do proper shoutouts when I'm on a computer, but for now, huge thanks to everyone who played me, talked to me, and made me feel a part of the wider smash community this weekend. You're all incredible people, and the things we accomplish together are worth traveling to the other side of the world for. I will most definitely be coming back.

Extra special shoutout to ish (arda) for taking me under his wing for the first few days. He played a huge role in this unforgettable experience.

For all the people I met, and all of those I didn't actually get to meet, please add me on Facebook, because I'd love to keep in touch.

Email is shmotsauce@hotmail.com

And finally, im in new York until Thursday, before I float around the states for a bit. I'll be in la from the 21-23. If anyone wants to hang out or play or whatever, hook me up.

Cheers.
:phone:

Top Bottom