• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers University (SBU)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Sorry for the delay! Here are the results from Smash Brothers University, LI's first Melee and Project M tournament. Thanks to all who came out to SBU for this tournament! I know there were some management issues and we kind of ran out of time near the end, but it was still mostly a success thanks to you guys! Thanks for your patience and thanks for bringing all those setups! :) Now, without further ado, the results:

Melee Singles
1. Tim ($95) :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
2. Ryan K ($47.50) :falcomelee:
3. Ben Grimm ($28.50) :peachmelee:
4. Soup ($19) :marthmelee:
5. Eli :drmario:
5. phish-it :dkmelee:
7. Bubbaking :samusmelee:
7. Decoy :jigglypuffmelee:
9. Deadgye :mariomelee:
9. jamlosingthegame :roymelee:
9. dohnut :foxmelee:
9. Glorified Mariner :sheikmelee:
13. Cheren :peachmelee:
13. JKJ :foxmelee:
13. Matt ?????
13. Chubbs ?????
17. GrapeApe :sheikmelee:
17. Knut :samusmelee:
19. TGOD ?????

Bracket: http://challonge.com/smashbrosu3

Project M Singles
1. Eli ($60) :dk2:
2. Ryan K ($30) :marth:
3. Bubbaking ($18) :lucario:
4. Tim ($10) :ike::fox:
5. jamlosingthegame :ike:
5. phish-it :bowser2::dk2:
7. Guru Kid :dedede:
7. Luca :snake:
9. F. Blue :pit::jigglypuff::ness2:
9. Decoy :sonic:
9. JKJ :marth:

Bracket: http://challonge.com/ihsdfio

Melee Doubles
1. Tim + phish-it ($50)
2. Eli + Ryan K ($25)
3. Ben Grimm + Soup ($15)
4. Bubbaking + Decoy ($10)
5. Dohnut + Deadgye

Bracket: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnUmol4Nn9-TdDBrTjk4MlJCbkNjMDNVZFJHbDl0aWc&pli=1#gid=0

Project M Doubles
1. Cocaine 80's (Eli + Ryan K) ($30)
2. Warthogs (Tim + Glorified Mariner) ($15)
3. Robotic Warriors (Bubbaking + Guru Kid) ($9)

Bracket: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnUmol4Nn9-TdDBrTjk4MlJCbkNjMDNVZFJHbDl0aWc&pli=1#gid=1

Videos
So for some reason, the stream recording got split up into a bunch of smaller videos, but it's still all there. If you want to see all the matches that took place on stream, go here:
http://www.twitch.tv/baconator25/videos
The first part is the one that starts at 6 PM. Sorry for the mediocre quality, folks! :ohwell:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I don't know which chars everyone played unfortunately, so if you don't see the chars you used in the results above, state them in the posts below and I will update the OP. Also, please let me know if I misspelled your name or I made a mistake regarding which chars you played. Thanks!

Post your shout-outs below, if you care for such things. I know I'm going to be posting mine very soon! ;)

SHOUT-OUTS!!!
  • Tim - You and phish-it trolling Decoy and me in Melee doubles with that double Bowser team. It was working, too. :facepalm: Well, at least we forced you guys to go somewhat serious on game 5. Then you and John soundly beat Guru and I in P:M doubles. :urg: I'm prettty happy that I was able to get back at you in P:M singles. That was probably your first time facing a 'decent' Lucario, huh? :p Congrats on winning Melee singles! ;)
  • Ryan K - You know, I'd REALLY like to take you on in P:M someday without any troubling nonsense getting in the way. It was really unsatisfying losing the first match because of some random controls jank and then having to cut the set short after that. :( Hopefully, I'll get to have some real games against you soon...
  • Ben Grimm - I really think I have a Peach mental block now, or perhaps the stress of TO'ing was getting to me. Either way, no johns! I'll get you next time. ;)
  • Soup - Nice seeing you again. I can't believe you were able to beat phish-it! :awesome: Still, I know we all hate losin' to Ben..... :c
  • Eli - So you really have to win P:M tournaments, huh? Well, your DK certainly is scary, but I already knew that... I bet I could have faced off against you in GF's if it wasn't for time constraints. (-_-) Man, your Melee Doc was still really smooth, even after 4 years of inactivity. Still, my buddy Decoy almost downloaded you. :p Thanks for all of your help with this tourney! Congrats on winning Project M singles! ;)
  • phish-it - We never got to play those friendlies - I was just too busy :urg: - but at least we got to play a match of DK vs Samus in bracket! :) Still, it was stupid of me to chicken out to Sheik after that first match. Like I said, "Scrub decisions..." I got bodied for it, too. :facepalm:
  • Bubbaking - Well, at least we got top 3 in P:M singles! :awesome: We've got a lot of work to do, though. I've really gotta pick up the pace in my training... :-|
  • Decoy - Awesome teammate! We have the synergy; now we just need the actual skill and experience. We may not have done too well, BUT AT LEAST WE WEREN'T LAST, so we got money!!! :bee: Next time, we'll crush the competition! :smirk:
  • Deadgye - Having Jiggs trouble are we? :p Looks like you're gonna hafta put some more time in playing this game against people other than Paulo, buddy. :smirk:
  • Jamlosingthegame - Lost at the character select screen! :facepalm: Still, you did pretty well, especially in P:M singles! It's just too bad that we had to face off right before Loser's Semis. We play each other way too much for that. :(
  • Dohnut - Thanks for helping with the management! Hopefully, your team will do better next time. ;)
  • Glorified Mariner - I can't believe you and Tim would just go DOUBLE FOX like that!!! That stuff was messed up. Still really salty about that... :mad:
  • Cheren - Thanks for coming! Man, I think we only played one teams friendly and that was it. :ohwell: We'll play some more next time. ;)
  • JKJ - Thanks so much for all of your help with the setups and thanks even more for all of the patience you displayed while waiting for our bracket matches! You were pretty decent in Melee and P:M. Hopefully we meet again. ;)
  • Matt - Ugh, sorry everything took so long! :facepalm: I've learned from this experience, so hopefully next time things will go more smoothly. Thanks for coming, though!
  • Chubbs - Thanks for coming to my tourney! I hope you had a great time! ;)
  • GrapeApe - Man, I was really afraid your Sheik was gonna clinch it during our set in Melee. You've definitely gotten a lot better since we last met at a fest. Keep up the good work! ;)
  • TGOD - Thanks for coming! I hope you had a great time at my tourney! ;)
  • Knut - Man, you got bracket-wrecked! Tim in the beginning of Winners and phish-it in the beginning of Losers... That's really unlucky! :( Much better luck next time! I enjoyed our friendlies, as usual. :)
  • Guru Kid - My friend, Decoy, tells me that he thought your DDD was pretty smart. I'm sorry I kinda let you down in P:M doubles. Double Fox was just too much... :urg: It was fun playing both with and against your DDD. :)
  • Luca - I had fun playing P:M friendlies with you. You can play a good variety of characters. Still, it looks like you got IKE'd. :p
  • F.Blue - Thanks for coming to my tourney, man! It was a real pleasure having you. :bee:

phish-it

Smash Champion
Fun tourney the whole thing ran kind of slow though, I got wrecked.

I like how 80% of Melee doubles entrance and 100% of Project M doubles entrants got payouts.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Just updated the OP with the link to the recorded stream videos (quality's a bit off, though). Enjoy! ;)

In PM singles I was Pit, Jiggly, and Ness.
Alright, I updated the OP. Thanks! ;)

Fun tourney the whole thing ran kind of slow though, I got wrecked.

I like how 80% of Melee doubles entrance and 100% of Project M doubles entrants got payouts.
Yeah, I know it ran slow... It was my first tourney, so I'm really inexperienced at this sort of thing. :( Still, thanks for coming and I'm glad we were able to have at least one Samus-DK match. :)

Lolz, yeah! It was pretty much 'If you enter doubles, you're probably gonna get something back.' :awesome: Hopefully more people do doubles next time. :ohwell:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'm really not sure how the program (where I pulled the results off of) figured it out, but I think it might be because you lost in the first round of losers.....

Because of random seeding and byes and stuff, you needed to win a set to get on the same level of winners as one of the other last placers (GrapeApe). Then you both lost in first round of losers. Now, I really don't know why you're both tied with TGOD, though...

Edit: That's really bugging me, I think I'll edit that in.

Edit 2: Alright, it's accurate now.

Knut

Smash Apprentice
lol..its not that big of a deal..i was just wondering.

even with the change, looking at it...i still don't feel much better. lmao

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Thanks for coming to our event guys. We here at Smash Bros. University wish to see you, and hopefully more, the next time we host something like this. We'll be better prepared this time. Also, thanks for the games anyone played with me. Wish to play you guys more in the future.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Bubbaking: This was a great fracking tournament! Definitely a few problems in the running of it, but experience is the ONLY teacher in this case. The fact is, we all had fun and we all got finished in time. Well done for your first tournament, I had lots of fun in friendlies and our set in P:M.
Phish-it: You are awesome. WAAAAAAYY too good at juggling FFers with DK. I got wrecked, but I'm glad I got to play you. Thanks for putting up with a terrible Falco main for a half hour :D
Knut: As always, great to see and play with you, man. You are pretty ridiculous. Sucks that you got so wrecked in bracket. HOW AM I ABOVE YOU IN PLACING I WENT 0-2 loooolll
jamlosingthegame: Nice meeting you and playing friendlies with you. Can't wait to beat your Roy next time. I had no idea how to play that matchup.
F-Blue: nice seeing you again and playing you. You keep getting better, man.
People, not their usernames (cuz I dont know them):
Paolo: I hope I spelled your name right...had a ton of fun playing you. You're very nice and fun to play with, and your Fox is mad legit. Hope to meet you again.
Is your tag Deadgye? I think?: You are the mario player, correct? I had tons of fun playing against you. Your mario is rediculous for a mario.
Nemen is your tag I think?: You were the low tier main (freaking awesome at it btw)? I had tons of fun playing with you. You were very nice and willing to deal with a scrub like me lol

Top Bottom