• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Thread - THE KING OF IRON FIST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Seeing as the other popular Namco choices have threads (Pac-Man and Lloyd) i figured that Tekken could use one.

Again, this is a POSSIBLE choice for a Namco rep.

Obviously this idea is being kept on the down low because Harada is unsure about a character being added. The chance that they wouldn't mesh well with the Nintendo crew.

However, there are plenty of characters in the Tekken cast that could mesh really well with them. (Ignoring the Nintendo costumes in Tag Tournament 2 right now)

The characters that could fit in:

Alex
Roger Jr.
Kuma/Panda
Mokujin (he can be a composite of multiple Tekken characters)
Yoshimitsu (He could have a SoulCalibur costume so he can rep both franchises)
Heihachi (No. I'm serious about this.)
Paul Phoenix (Wishful thinking lol)
Alisa Bosconovitch
King (lolpicture)

Characters that have the best chance:

Heihachi Mishima (Established crossover character)
Jin Kazama (Popular)
Kazuya Mishima (Popular)

Sig Pictures:

By Frostwraith

Movesets for Tekken characters:

Heihachi: TBA

Kazuya: TBA

Jin: TBA

Bellow are movesets for characters who probably wouldn't get in.

[collapse=Alisa Bosconovitch]

B: Rocket fists - Alisa will shoot a fist forward.
Forward B: Charging Chainsaw - Alisa's jet pack will push her forward as she slashes at opponents with her chainsaws.
Up B: Jet Pack
Down B: Fake Head - Alisa's head will fall off and explode. She will then grow her head back after it exploded.

Final Smash: Cross Art - Lars will appears and beat up on characters and toss them at Alisa. Alisa will take this moment to do a high seep attacks and finish it off with her exploding head and rocket fists.[/collapse]

Paul Phoenix: TBA

Just post your thoughts here on what you think. (This isn't really a support thread. Yet. I just want to see what people think before adding supporters.)

Other threads:
King Support thread

D

Deleted member

You put King in a picture, yet don't list him as someone that can fit. Wut.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The only characters i support are Alex, Mokujin Heihachi, Paul, and Alisa. :awesome:

King would be cool also. If they put him in. :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
why arent Jin or Kazuya on the list. oh or Jack. Jack would be cool.
The list is for characters who would mesh well and fit in without much trouble. This is because Harada is worried about characters not mixing in with the style of Smash.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
oh ok i gotcha. yeah thats my overall grip about a Tekken character joining.
This is why i chose joke characters and some of the popular humorous characters like Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, Paul, and Alisa. (I saw Paul wearing a Mario hat, it was amazing :awesome:)

D

Deleted member

Logically speaking, the only three who would be best to choose from would be Heihachi, Kazuya, or Jin, as they are essentially the "main" characters of the series.
Kazuya being the main protagonist of the first game, and the antagonist since the second.
Jin being the main protagonist since the third.
Heihachi being the antagonist of the first game, the main protagonist of the second, and the overall "face" of the series (also, being Harada's favorite helps).

Of the three, I'd pick Heihachi, just so I can give some electric noogies. :awesome: That, and have a Link vs. Heihachi match, something Soul Calibur II could not provide.

D

Deleted member

Snake snaps necks.
Heihachi gives noogies.

It's clear who fits Smash better. :troll:

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Since Heihachi is already in PSAS, I find it highly unlikely that he'd also show up in Smash, just like PSAS got Raiden, not Snake.

I personally don't really like the idea of a Tekken character making it in Smash because I've always considered that franchise to be more of a Playstation franchise than Nintendo one. While that isn't true anymore, it really doesn't have a big enough connection to Nintendo. I thought the same when Snake was announced. While he's a cool character, I would've rather had a Castlevania character as Konami representative because they have a longer history with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

PSASBR getting Raiden and not Snake had nothing to do with Snake being in Smash, and had everything to do with advertising for Metal Gear Rising, which stars Raiden. Same reason the newer, less liked Dante got in over the older, much more praised Dante. To advertise for the upcoming game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Jin would be the best choice for me so I can crush others as Devil Jin.

Hopefully, he has a funny victory pose were he complains about Azuka. XD
Those two make the cutest couple in the Tekken franchise.
:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would love to see a Tekken character in Smash, but there's also the problem of how to adapt them. Most characters have at least 70 different attacks, not counting the throws and the different animations for throws depending where you are relative to your opponent. Thankfully, a lot of this was simplified with Street Fighter X Tekken, but even then some things were lost in the process. The biggest changes were some like King who lose his trademark chaingrabs outside of his super. There's also the question of how you'd implement wavedashing for that game or you do something different with it entirely - like giving the Mishimas different attacks to do WHILE running.

As to who would be the most likely character, probably either Heihachi or Jin. Heihachi is the one Tekken character that has consistently made crossover appearances more than any other character and while being an evil character, he has insane antics that you could easily see Bowser do. Jin, on the other hand, has been one of the central characters in the series since his debut in Tekken 3. Out of the two, I'd pick Heihachi no question, young or old, preferably old.

As for who I'd personally want, definitely either of my mains, Xiaoyu or King, but they'd be hard as hell to adapt to Smash's minimalistic design.

Mecha Mokujin w/ Pilot: Pac-Man

Kill two birds with one stone :troll:
The fact they had to put Pacman in a Mokujin Mecha just to be in SFxTK tells me there isn't much interesting stuff you could do with Pacman.

Jin would be the best choice for me so I can crush others as Devil Jin.

Hopefully, he has a funny victory pose were he complains about Azuka. XD
Those two make the cutest couple in the Tekken franchise.

You do realize that Jin and Asuka are cousins, right?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
PSASBR getting Raiden and not Snake had nothing to do with Snake being in Smash, and had everything to do with advertising for Metal Gear Rising, which stars Raiden. Same reason the newer Dante that no one likes got in over the older, much more praised Dante. To advertise for the upcoming game.
Fixed for my personal well being :smirk:

D

Deleted member

The fact they had to put Pacman in a Mokujin Mecha just to be in SFxTK tells me there isn't much interesting stuff you could do with Pacman.
More like it was made to serve as a counter to the equally ridiculous Bad Box Art Mega Man (which even then, was taken to an extreme with the guy being overweight and overall pathetic).

Could you imagine the rage if Pac-Man wasn't ridiculous, but we still got that Mega Man? It'd be worse than what it was.

The hard part is, how to make Pac-Man as ridiculous as an overweight Bad Box Art Mega Man? It seems Namco's answer was "make him pilot a Mokujin".
EDIT: And make him fricking creepy with blank stares and wide smiles that translate to "Ima **** you".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
More like it was made to serve as a counter to the equally ridiculous Bad Box Art Mega Man (which even then, was taken to an extreme with the guy being overweight and overall pathetic).

Could you imagine the rage if Pac-Man wasn't ridiculous, but we still got that Mega Man? It'd be worse than what it was.

The hard part is, how to make Pac-Man as ridiculous as an overweight Bad Box Art Mega Man? It seems Namco's answer was "make him pilot a Mokujin".
EDIT: And make him fricking creepy with blank stares that translate to "Ima **** you".
Capcom at its best. :p

Pac-Man could be a character without needing the mecha. In terms of body structure, you gotta admit he's similar to Kirby and Jigglypuff, in the sense that he's literally a ball, with arms and legs.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Why ARE people reacting so incredibly childish about the new Dante, the game hasn't even been out yet and everyone *****es and whines about his hair and a few lines they heard? I would think that what matters most is whether or not the game is fun and interesting to play.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why ARE people reacting so incredibly childish about the new Dante, the game hasn't even been out yet and everyone *****es and whines about his hair and a few lines they heard? I would think that what matters most is whether or not the game is fun and interesting to play.
Because they retconned an entire series.

What if they suddenly revamped Mario into being a jewish teenager? Completely changing a character isn't something fans react well to

D

Deleted member

Last I checked, an alternate universe isn't a retcon.

Not that I really give a crap about Devil May Cry, but still.

Anyways, keep that discussion out of here, or Heihachi will strap you to a shuttle that's about to go into space. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, so the story is it's an alternate universe?

Last I heard they were retconning the series.. Maybe it was just fan overreaction.

I'm not a fan of the series anyway, but I can understand why they'd be unhappy if it's a retcon

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/3...e-in-a-parallel-world-with-a-different-dante/

Yup, though it may have just been Capcom's way of trying to appease the rage over the changes. A little too late. Probably if they said something along the order of it being an alternate universe earlier, there would be somewhat less rage.
judging by the comments there, Capcom already changed lots of aspects about the game's story in attempts of stopping the rage. of course, that kinda gives them a bad image.

then again, it's another controversy to add to Capcom's already big resume, alongside Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation and SFxT Bad Box Art Mega Man.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Shouldn't we get back to talking about old men kicking their family into space or strapping them to rockets? :awesome:

D

Deleted member

If they make a Tekken 7, what should Heihachi do next?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You do realize that Jin and Asuka are cousins, right?
Yes.
The Japanese has no problem with it. Plus, it's one of the most popular of all Tekken shippings.
:cool:

Jin would be kickass character to play as due to his versatility and his obvious Final Smash.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If Yoshimitsu were to be added, I'd rather not have his T3 look. Unless it's his most popular look and gets added first. My pick would either be his SC2 look, Tekken 2, or a redesign of his Tekken 1 look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom