• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ag FGC Brawl Tournament *final*

Adhoctor

Smash Rookie
Ag FGC Presents:

A Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

Venue:

ClockWork Games and Events
903 A Harvey Road
College Station, TX 77840
(In the strip behind The Tap)

Date/Time:
Jan 12, 2013
2:00 p.m until 1:00 a.m.

Schedule:
Sign-Up/Warm-Up - 2:00-2:45
Pools - 2:45-3:30
Singles (Advanced, Intermediate, and Casual) - 3:30-7:30
Break - 7:30-8:30
Doubles - 8:30-10:30
Marvel vs. Capcom (maybe) 11:00-12:00
Mess around and Project M 2.5 12:00-1:00

ClockWork opens at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, so don't fret if you are there before it's open. Also, please try and show up on time so we can get to the cool stuff later. An email or PM would be MUCH APPRECIATED so I can get a rough headcount.

Contact Info:
agfgc12@gmail.com
OR
jtglover08@gmail.com

Prices:
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per team
Entry Fee: $5 (This will be covering Pizza and stuff)

Housing:
If you are from out of town and need housing, I'll work something out, but definitely let me know about this beforehand (preferably in an email).

Setups:
We should have plenty of TV's and Wiis, but not too many spare controllers. It would be best if you brought your own everything allowed but the use of a macro button. Also, feel free to bring anything else you want to play, but you'll probably want to bring a TV, and you are included in the entry fee even if you aren't Brawling, because you know you'll want some Pizza.

Prizes:

*Singles:
Will probably be a house cut of 60 or 70%, but that is only for the cash prizes, which will only be in Advanced Tier.
Advanced:

1. 55%
  2. 30%
  3. 15%
Intermediate will have gift cards of near Advanced Tier value, so that will depend on how many people show up.

Casual:

1. T-shirt
  2. Gift Card
  3. Entry and Singles Fee waived
Doubles:

1. 30-40% of full Double Pot
  2. T-shirts
  3. Entry and Doubles Fee waived
**Rules:
NO BANS. I don't ban desperation. Metaknight? BRING IT. Chain Grabs? BRING IT.
4 Stock, 8 minutes for Singles and 3 Stock for Doubles.
NO MACRO BUTTON.

Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
PictoChat
SkyWorld

These stages will be used in Pro and Intermediate Tier. Casual Tier will have all stages on Random. Stage striking will be done in a 4-3-2 manner.

*House Cut will only be for the organization. It's kinda up on the air on what percentage this will be, so it is subject to change, though not in a way worse for you guys. Since I plan to do this on a monthly basis, we'll be getting more Wii's, TV's, controllers, etc. THIS MONEY SHALL NOT BE USED FOR PERSONAL GAIN.

**I'll be using a custom Brawl mod. Nothing crazy, though:

• No trips
  • ZSS and Sheik show up in Random
  • Pokemon don't have additional fatigue
  • Replays can be saved that are longer than 3 minutes
  • Names are kept in Replays
  • A badass custom soundtrack. Seriously, I've been working on this thing for over a year and a half.
Also, thanks to Blondie for helping set up the OP in a more fitting manner.

Hope you can join us!

-Joseph

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I wouldn't do a 5 minute timer. I know there are some good smashers in College Station who will likely abuse that timer. 8 is good.

Seems like fun, but too far for me :/

:phone:

Adhoctor

Smash Rookie
Timer

I can agree to that. I'll definitely talk to my fellow collaborators. Actually, I grew up in Tyler, saw that there is that tourney the 15th, but I'll still be in CS for finals. It's only 3 hours away, you should go for it.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Ya man, I would defiantly camp the **** out of you guys if it was a 5 min timer. I would also suggest doing 3 stock for doubles, but that really doesn't matter that much.

As far as advertising and setting up this tournament goes, if you need any help, just ask me. I used to host tournaments in San Antonio so I know how to do it. You should start advertising this if you want 50 people (trust me, that is really hard to get) and you should format the OP so that it is a little more user-friendly like this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318297. People also really like double elimination bracket so I would do that, but make sure you still seed it. And pools are really good for players if you get enough people. Call, text or pm me if you want any more TO'ing tips. (210-232-5244)

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Yall should do 64 Smash I can think of like 15 people who would go to that and tournament scene for the game is week in the state and forces people to go to LA, NM, CO, or AZ so there is definitely a niche to be filled.

Asa

Smash Hero
would've loved to go but i'm gonna be at apex unfortunately. Next time!

Solid Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
goten77
Carpool

interesting im actually wanting to go to this to now......

would any like to carpool near theese towns

elgin austin bastrop taylor hutto pflugerville manor etc..... *central tx basicall*

but ye ied be willing to go if enough people would carpool

Adhoctor

Smash Rookie
I'll ask some of the organizers if they have found other people willing to carpool in that area, no guarantees from this end, but I hope everyone can make it. As for N64 Smash, if we get enough support for it at this tournament I'll set up an N64 tournament with Brawl at the text event. I hope to start doing these on a monthly or bimonthly basis depending on how this tournament pans out. Also, I'll hopefully post stage info soon, things have been pretty busy for me lately.

Solid Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
goten77
welp its almost time 4 this..... XD i didnt expect many replys but im still down to travel with any1

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tournament you guys!! That was a great tournament and awesome atmosphere. Def holding another one soon!! [February 16th w/ the AFGC @ Clockwork @ 2:00pm, pm for deetz]

I'll upload the results soon..sorry for the delay

Top Bottom