• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crossovers thread. Who has met who, where and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
This thread is made to relate and talk about third party characters/franchises who have had any contact with Nintendo.

The thread is made under the "unofficial rule" that if someone has met already anyone from Nintendo, they have every right to meet again in Smash. It also motivated me to make this thread, as someone in the Tekken thread told me I am not quite familiar with the Tekken franchise, and to some extent that is right, but I really don't know much on the Dynasty Warriors franchise, on which Takamaru was a guest. If this thread is not appropiate for the Character Discussion area, please move it to the general area. OK here we go.

-Bomberman
Bomberman faced Wario in the game Wario Blast back in 1994. A game released for the west only. Correct me if I am wrong, but is this the first crossover Nintendo had in-game with a third party?

-Soul series
Link was a guest in Soul Calibur II for the Game Cube.

-Pacman
Pacman was a character in the Mario Kart Arcade game. It was not only released in Japan.

-Dynasty/Samurai Warriors
Takamaru was a guest in the Samurai Warriors III game for the Wii.

-Itadaki/Fortune Street
Nintendo characters face Dragon Quest characters in a board/party game. But it was not a well received game.

-Dead Or Alive Dimensions for the 3DS
Team Ninja made the controversial Metroid Other_M game. Later they included a Metroid Stage with Ridley as a stage hazard in the DOA 3DS game.

-Mario Hoops/Sports mix games
Final Fantasy characters appear in these games

-Scribblenauts series
Nintendo characters appear in it... and also meet Mortal Kombat characters

-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Many Nintendo related items and costumes appear in this game for the Wii U.

-Megami Tensei series
There will soon be a crossover between this enormous franchise, and Nintendo's Fire Emblem series. To be more precise, with the "Shin" line. Of course this could extend to other divisions of the franchise like Devil Survivor, or the latest more popular Persona series.

Anyone I missed and/or need to be mentioned? Again not a total factor, but it would help if characters who had previous interactions with Nintendo characters are considered likely Smash candidates. For example, from Fortune Street, Jessica would be my pick as she is a quite known DQ character.

Not counting the Metal Gear and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics series as they are already present in Smash. Of course not counting the EA games as real people can't be on Smash.

Also, it does not count if the characters have met in media outside videogames, no matter if they were official or not (like cartoons, comics and such).

Due to obvious reasons, fully owned Rare characters are not elegible either.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
- Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
Mario, Peach, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Epona, Goron, and Ganon all appear in Scribblenauts Unlimited. (Theres also MK ninjas. LOL)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Snake appeared alongside other Konami characters, as well as Hudson's and Takara's, in DreamMix TV World Fighters for both GCN and PS2. This game is Japan only, though. Notable characters include Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Bomberman and Optimus Prime (Transformers).

Also, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, anyone?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
-Pacman
Pacman was a character in the Japan only Mario Kart Arcade game.
Just a nitpick, but it wasn't Japan-only.

-Dynasty Warriors
Takamaru was a guest in the DW game for the Wii.
Don't forget the Link and Samus costumes in Dynasty Warriors Vs.

-Fortune Street
Nintendo characters face Dragon Quest characters in a board/party game. But it was not a well received game.
Itadaki Street DS was also a DQ/Mario crossover, it was basically a predecessor to Fortune Street.

-Mario Hoops games
Final Fantasy characters appear in these games
Also, Mario Sports Mix

Lastly, some Mario characters were in a few EA sports games IIRC, not that it will ever have anything to do with Smash.

Oh, Mario and Yoshi (and a Gamecube) also have a cameo in the Twin Snakes.

@Frostwraith
I think he's just referring to crossovers involving Nintendo characters, not stuff like DreamMix TV World Fighters.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
There was a Dynasty Warriors game for the Wii? I totally love that series but I never heard of it being on Wii. I want it! :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Made some changes, but isn't Itadaki "Fortune" in Japanese?
No, but even if it was, they are still different games (one is for DS, hence the "DS" and the other is for Wii), although they have pretty much the same characters.

If you don't want to count it because of Fortune Street then fine, but I was just listing all the crossovers Nintendo characters have had.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario Hoops 3 vs 3 (or something, it's a basketball game) has a few Final Fantasy characters in it I heard, and Fortune Street has some Square characters as well.

Also, did you hear Mario and Sonic competed at the Olympic Games? Hmmm, no? Me neither. :rolleyes:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Placed the "Street" games as a single series and the Metal Gear and Sonic at the Olympics games don't count, as Sonic and Snake have been already in Smash. Not placing into consideration if they might return or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
ALSO, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land appeared in DK: King of Swing.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yeah, inter-Nintendo xovers don't count.

So far we have:
Bandai/Namco
-PacMan
-Anyone from Soul Calibur
-Anyone from Tekken

Hudson/Konami
-Bomberman
But Snake is already in and it seems the Hudson characters are dead

WB
-Maxwell
(Mortal Kombat characters appear here and they even meet Nintendo characters, can this be brought into consideration?)

Tecmo/Koei
Can Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive be considered the same universe?
-Anyone from Samurai Warriors (or Dynasty Warriors I guess).

Square/Enix/Eidos/Taito
-Any Final Fantasy character that has appeared on the Mario Sports games
-Any Dragon Quest character that has appeared on Itadaki/Fortune Street

OK, we have 5 companies. So what if we pick one from each one of them? Or given that Snake has already been present, and might return... do we get rid of Bomberman and leave it to 4 companies.

Inside from the Square/Enix/Taito/Eidos would we go with a "loop hole" and pic anyone from the DQ or FF series?

Or one from each mentioned series (though not sure if to count NG/DOA as a single series).

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I think he knows it is not possible. Plus back then Banjo and Conker were basically second party characters. Not sure if Wizpig is still at Rare or not.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Technically you could throw in Metal Gear Solid 3D since Yoshi is in the game as a cameo character.

As for picking a series to crossover into SSB4, I still go with Dragon Quest for my myriad of reasons.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I say Final Fantasy with either the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy I or a original Final Fantasy character with moves from the 6 FF games for NES and SNES.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Is that even a crossover? Banjo and Conker debuted in DKR so technicly they're spin-offs.

Actually, this is a weird case. Originally Banjo and Conker (who was not yet in his Bad Fur Day form) were in production for their own games (in fact, I seem to vaguely remember that Banjo-Kazooie was supposed to come out before DKR, but got delayed), they were only put in Diddy Kong Racing as little previews of what was coming in the future. Similar to how Roy debuted in SSB.

Here are more crossovers:

Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition
This is unofficial, but Earthworm Jim's raygun showed up in DKC2 as one of the "no-hopers" at Cranky's Video Game Heroes exhibit
There were also a few Killer Instinct references/cameos in other DKC games
A character that looked just like Jeff from Earthbound was in that Dodgeball game for the GBA.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
hey 8-peacock-8 Who would represent Square Enix if they use Final Fantasy the Warrior of Light or a original character that uses moves from the 6 final fantasy games during the nes and snes era?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
hey 8-peacock-8 Who would represent Square Enix if they use Final Fantasy the Warrior of Light or a original character that uses moves from the 6 final fantasy games during the nes and snes era?
For me, i'd go with the Black Mage or Slime to rep Square Enix.

Whenever i think of Nintendo based Final Fantasy games, the Black mage always comes to mind for me.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I think the warrior of light that uses moves and magic from Firion,Onion Knight,Cecil,Bartz and Terra.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the warrior of light that uses moves and magic from Firion,Onion Knight,Cecil,Bartz and Terra.
Onion Knight, Firion, and Bartz don't really have moves on their own.

Firion can equip any weapon or magic in the game, he just has to work to get proficient in it.

Onion Knight and Bartz both can be any class, and have no unique moves of their own

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I know but for Warrior of Light's moves in SSB4 he would use there moves in battle.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What moves would he use? the Fight comman? Fira? Firaga? The ability to equip two swords?

Cecil and Terra (mostly Terra) have moves associated with them. Onion Knight and Bartz just use generic commands based on their class. Firion can use any Black/ White magic and equip any weapon.

Anyone using Terra's abilities buy Terra wouldn't make much sense. Though the Warrior using Cecil's moves wouldn't be too far off since both are more or less a Paladin.

By their moves, do you just mean generic black/ white magic and using multiple weapons?

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
yeah the b moves which are blak/white magic references Terra's magic. the A moves references Firion,Onion Knight,Cecil and Bartz.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Lego City Undercover
There's a warp pipe from Mario. (basically the same reason as Tekken. :troll:)

:phone:
I was not sure if to count that, as the game is based on something of not-videogame in origin; despite the idea is an original video game.

Actually, this is a weird case. Originally Banjo and Conker (who was not yet in his Bad Fur Day form) were in production for their own games (in fact, I seem to vaguely remember that Banjo-Kazooie was supposed to come out before DKR, but got delayed), they were only put in Diddy Kong Racing as little previews of what was coming in the future. Similar to how Roy debuted in SSB.

This is unofficial, but Earthworm Jim's raygun showed up in DKC2 as one of the "no-hopers" at Cranky's Video Game Heroes exhibit
A character that looked just like Jeff from Earthbound was in that Dodgeball game for the GBA.
Like mentioned, we are only counting crossovers with third parties. Second parties don't count, KI seems to be with MS now and Jim's gun was an unofficial crossover.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Like mentioned, we are only counting crossovers with third parties. Second parties don't count, KI seems to be with MS now and Jim's gun was an unofficial crossover.
Okay, so Nobuanga's Ambition still counts, I guess, although technically Pokemon is second party (albeit Second-Party that is basically owned to such an extent that it is a first party).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, so Nobuanga's Ambition still counts, I guess, although technically Pokemon is second party (albeit Second-Party that is basically owned to such an extent that it is a first party).
were there any characters from Nobuanga's Ambition in that game? Or did they just use the mechanics.

Cause' I don't think it's much of a crossover if there are no characters present from the series

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Not sure on Nobunaga. I mean basically the games are based on historic events right? But they create characters for it?

jigglover

Smash Lord
were there any characters from Nobuanga's Ambition in that game? Or did they just use the mechanics.

Cause' I don't think it's much of a crossover if there are no characters present from the series
I haven't played it, but I'm certain they have characters from Nobunga's Ambition in it. Basically, every pokemon has different friendships with each Nobunga Ambition character, the more friendship the better, and some get perfect matches with others where they are of their full potential. Interesting right? :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't played it, but I'm certain they have characters from Nobunga's Ambition in it. Basically, every pokemon has different friendships with each Nobunga Ambition character, the more friendship the better, and some get perfect matches with others where they are of their full potential. Interesting right? :p
Since all the humans have their design made to look like pokemon, I'm not completely sure. But I haven't played their games anyway

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I can't believe you forgot about Sonic's shoe. :glare:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Bumping as the upcoming SMTxFE game will be a crossover. Perhaps might rise the chances from an Atlus character from there (like Jack Frost) or even from the derivate games.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The best choices for an ATLUS rep are Jack Frost, Able (Devil Survivor's protagonist), Devil Survivor 2 protagonist, and the SMT4 protagonist.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom