• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salty Saturdaze

`dazrin

Smash Champion

The next Project M tournament, Salty SaturDaze, will be a Demo 2.5 tournament hosted on Saturday, December 29th, 2012.

DO NOT MISS IT! Project M Demo 2.5 has many great balance changes, design tweaks, new content, engine upgrades, and additional aesthetic surprises that really boost the overall feel of the game. Additionally, this will be the FIRST ever Project M Demo 2.5 tournament, so make your way down to stronghold and be a part of the launch of Demo 2.5!

Visit the livestream at Twitch.tv/dazee_ to keep up with all the BC hype!

Magic Stronghold Games
5558 Lane St., Burnaby, B.C.
V5H 2H5

Venue fee: $5
Project M Singles: $5
Project M Doubles: $5 (per team)

11:00 - Doors open
12:00 - Registration starts
1:00 - PM doubles bracket begins
3:30 - PM singles begins
Midnight - Venue closes

Project:M Singles:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Project M Doubles:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

[COLLAPSE="PROJECT:M RULES"]General Rules
* 4 stock, 8 minutes. In the (very unlikely) case that we are hard pressed for time and don't have enough setups, early bracket matches may be switched to 3 stock, 6 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures or Melee re-textures over Fox and Falco are not. Simple recolors are allowed, however the margin for tolerance is very low in this regard, and is up to the TO's discretion.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="PROJECT:M STAGES: BC Stage List"]11 Stages

NEUTRALS:

Battlefield
Final Destination
SmashVille
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 1
Dream Land 64
Fountain Of Dreams
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone

~Stage Strike from neutrals 1-2-1 using Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes first.

~Winner of gets 3 stage bans for the rest of the set.

~Loser picks a stage from the stages remaining.
[/COLLAPSE]

If you are able to house anyone traveling in from out of province, please say so in the thread and I will put your name and information here for players seeking housing to get assistance.

PLEASE BRING ANY AND ALL EQUIPMENT YOU CAN!
This includes:
~TV's
~Project:M Setups (Wii + BarwlDisk/USBloader + SD card)
~Memory Cards
~Recording Setups
~Extension Cords
~Power Strips
~Splitters
~Switchers
~ETC..

Venue:
+8 TV's
+2 Gamecubes
+2 Melee Disks
+2 Power Strips
+2 Extension Cords

`dazrin
+1 PM 2.5 Setup
+1 Powerstrip
+1 Stream Setup
+1 Hard Drive

SinisterB
+1 Recording set up
+1 PM 2.5 Setup
+1 Powerbar

Skidd
+1 PM 2.5 Setup

Jason!
+1 PM 2.5 Setup

Big D
+1 PM 2.5 Setup

Please help us, to help you have a more enjoyable tournament experience by generously providing any and all equipment you possess to the venue to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and there are plenty of stations to run through brackets as seamlessly as possible. Thank you!

.[ATTENDANCE].
Gimpyfish62*
`dazrin
BigD
Captain L*
SinisterB
Jason!
Sion*
Skidd
Grape
SinisterB
TehIcy
Kaosn00b

(More to be added)

*= Unconfirmed

.[LIVESTREAM].
Every tournament will be live streamed @ Twitch.tv/dazee_ so get your friends to keep up with the hype by advertising the stream!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'll definitely be in attendance, but undecided about entering. :D

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i missed first post? blasphemy

anyways confirmed;

+1 Recording set up w/2.5
+1 Powerbar

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Going to need more people to bring setups! Please post any and all equipment you will be bringing. Don't be lazy and please help this tournament run smoothly.

Thanks!

SKidd

Smash Master
I'll bring a set up

So by the time this tourney happens 2.5 will be out?

If that's true and if they fixed the replay problem then I have a recording set up

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'll bring a set up

So by the time this tourney happens 2.5 will be out?

If that's true and if they fixed the replay problem then I have a recording set up
2.5 comes out on the 28th. And no, replays are still not fixed. Light press input still desyncs them.

| Big D |

Smash Master
10$ is good for when there is a huge turnout, but I don't see this being a big tourney. If there is a small turnout, I don't see many people entering doubles if it's 10$ entry.

Jason!

Smash Lord
Lol I'll mm you with icies if you want.

I just don't want brawl smart to make you go crying again to TOs.

Melee Icies mm?

P:M mm?

Pick your poison.

Top Bottom