• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Bi weeklies #4

k9.

Smash Ace
Arizona Bi Weeklies 1/5

T.O. Contact Info:

K9: 480 343 7224
Gaming Zone: 480 245 6357

Address
930 w broadway rd, Ste 15, tempe AZ

Schedule (please note the slight time changes):
11:30pm- Friendlies/Warmups
1:00pm- Brawl Doubles/Melee Doubles
3:30pm- Brawl Singles (Pools)/Melee Singles
5:00pm- Lunch
5:45pm- Brawl Singles (Brackets)
8:30pm- Project M Singles

Payouts
Brawl Singles:

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

(We will pay out to 4th if we get 20 entrants.)

Project M Singles/]Brawl Doubles:

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Entry Fees
Venue Fee: $5 per person
Brawl Single/Melee: $5/Per Person
Brawl Doubles/Melee: $5/Per Person
Project M Singles: $3/Per Person

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brawl Ruleset

MikeHaze Brawl Rule-set

Brawl - Condensed Version.

General:

3 stock
8 min. time limit
Team Attack ON
Items set to OFF and NONE

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Other allowed stages:

Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise

Set procedure:

Starter Stage selection.
Character selection.
The winner of the previous match may ban a stage for the next match.
The loser of the previous match declares the stage to be selected for the next match.
The winner of the previous match selects character.
The loser of the previous match selects character.
Repeat from step 3 until 2 victories are achieved (3 victories in finals sets).

Rules and Clauses:

DSR is ON
Counterpicking Ports is ON
Understage Travel Clause is ON
Ledge Grab Limit is 35
Colorblind Rule is ON
Double Meta Knight is banned
IDC is banned

Melee RULES
Starter Stage List:
• Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Counter Stage List:
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
• Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
• The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
• Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
• Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
• Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
• Wobbling IS LEGAL. Freeze glitch is 100% banned.
• Tai's Stupid Rule: Mewtwo's Soul Breaker glitch is, in fact, legal. How to get a Red Shell while not interfering with General Rule #1 is up to you!

Additional Rules for Teams Play
• Life Stealing is allowed
• Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.**
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

**TAJ's Better Rule: A person may either ban EVERY COUNTERPICK STAGE or ONE STARTER STAGE

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
So this tournament is on the 5th? I'll see if I can make it, shouldn't have any problems since it is on the weekends.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I would totally go, but the anime convention in Mesa that weekend takes priority. Can't go wrong with hallways full of scantily-clad women, two raves, and a b*tchin' gaming room.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Is there melee at these? I can never tell. Description says Brawl/Melee/PM, but all info above is Brawl/PM.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I might come to the tourney. I haven't played since the the last tourney I went to. Who should I pick up for this tourney?

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely be there! Been working on various ways to desync, and so I am excited. Lets try to have a solid smashfest before this so that I can practice my methods against actual people haha.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I would totally go, but the anime convention in Mesa that weekend takes priority. Can't go wrong with hallways full of scantily-clad women, two raves, and a b*tchin' gaming room.
Which con is that Rave??!!

I would go to that over a tournament and finally be able to use my felicia costume.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
You can count me in! I can definitely say that I've been learning to trust my Ness more and more each day, and ensuring that I will have a very Brawltastic day (in other words: Fun!)!

:ness: Let's do it! ^^

Ill so be there. Cant wait to try out my new playstyle! hahaa
He he, SUUUUURE. I wish you luck. I'm actually curious to see how people will react to your strategy ;)

Saffy

Smash Ace
LMFAO LOE YOUR SIG... too good. Come to az pls.

Dunno if I will make it honestly might have other plans. But then again I'd hate to not be there when OOS people come and if maize is coming too.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I assume this new playstyle is running away, which isn't really new, it's just wafty playing the way he probably should have been.

LOE1

Smash Lord
if there was a time i could go to AZ, it would have to be in like june :|
then people would never want me to come back for obvious reasons

LOE1

Smash Lord
its because im super agro with my wario and normally end matches within the 1st 3 minutes and i spam waft and get away with it.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Vee here. I haven't been around much lately, sorry about that. I'm going to try to make it to the next tourney. I miss Brawling with you guys. I'm easy to forget though... I was in a few tournaments way back when. I've gotten better, but probably not enough to compete with you guys. I'd like to try anyway though. These weekend tournament trips are fun, and eventful. I always enjoy the experience, and getting to meet new people.

Anyway, I'm actually wondering if anyone will be available for a doubles partner. If I can make it, I'd like to join the doubles for Brawl. I may need a partner. So, if anyone would like to team up, please let me know.

My double's characters are generally Snake/DDD. I can try out my MK too if ya like, though I'm still trying to get used to playing him in doubles. I also pocket a Falco, but I'm not too confident in him for doubles.

Anyone interested maybe? Please let me know.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
yeah smiley, its not really new playstyle, its just something i should have tried awhile back.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Hey Veeonix, I will totally team with you this weekend for doubles! We got this.

Can someone pick me up this weekend though so that I can make it to the tournament on time? Angela doesn't get off work until late afternoon so I will not have the car.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
That would be kinda cool. Vault is giving me my ride. I'm sure you remember him. He says he can pick you up and give you a ride if its not too far out of the way.

PM me your phone number and we can discuss things.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
Shoot! Rizner won't be in the next couple tourneys! If anyone would love to be my partner, please speak up! :/

Ness: I play Ness and Ness only. If anyone plays a character who can heal Ness (ZSS, D3 with his Side B, Pika, Lucas, Ness, Kirby with copy ability, Mario, Luigi, IC (lol)), it would be MUCH appreciated. But if you don't, it's fine, I just want to play in 2v2 for the purpose of playing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Man I dropped out of the scene for a while. Life and stuff.

I don't think I could make this one either... Working till four, and I would really only go for Melee and P:M friendlies. My folks don't like me staying at the tourneys late so I never get to finish the P:M bracket anyway, It always starts too late. If it started at like 7 at the next tourney I would be really happy.

Gotta start back up from ground one. This will be fun. Whenever I do show up, I want to MM everyone and record myself getting stomped on so I can make my Combo Food video.

LOE1

Smash Lord
i wantz an update on how this is going

wafty better be in top 5

Top Bottom