• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mallo for Super Smash Bros 4 thread! Time to Push on for the Smash 4 Ballot! New game out now!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

You gotta love this guy and his innocent way of saying "hello". :awesome:

Anyways...

This is Mallo, one of Nintendo’s newest IP’s developed by Intelligent Systems available for the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS. He first starred in a puzzle platformer called Pullblox/Pushmo where you had to make your way (often) to the very top of the stage in order to rescue the distressed child or just reach the flag in order to finish the stage. I don’t know exactly how well the games sold but it was popular enough to span another sequel called FallBlox/Crashmo also only available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

Now over to Mallo himself and smash. Mallo is often portrayed as quite a strong sumo wrestler. He’s strong enough to not let even the largest block crush him and he’s capable of pushing multiple blocks into one side as seen in Fallblox/Crashmo. But he’s quite slow and his jumping skill isn’t the best out there. But it’s good enough to get the job done in the games. So that’s really how I would see him work in smash. Strong but slow. In terms of size, he wouldn’t be too big but neither too small. I’d say around Ness’s size should be fine...

Mallo is also a good way to represent the puzzle solving genre since now with Doctor Mario gone. The puzzle solving representatives is quite lacking in smash. So I believe Smash could really do with the likes of Lip, Layton and of course Mallo.

Now over to his moveset.
Special moves.

I’ll carry the Special moves over from the eShop thread to here and explain further about his other animations.

* Neutral Special: Jump slam.
Similar to how Fighting Kirby handles his enemies. Mallo grabs his opponent and then with a quick jump he turns them upside down and rams them to the ground.

*Side Special: Block Push/Pull
Mallo grabs his opponent and then pushes or pulls them closer to the edge of the stage. During the pull you can press the button again to let him punch or throw his opponent away. His opponents can also resist by pushing/pulling him back.

*Up Special: carrier bird
He uses one of Poppy’s birds to fly him upwards. Kinda similar to Snake’s up special but Mallo has a bit more control of how far sideway’s he can fly. They can also damage any opponents that come in contact with them. After a short time of flight, he will let go and the bird flies away. This move is good for making up of his lower normal jumps since it can cover quite a distance from the ground.

*Down Special: Shockwave
Mallo does the signature sumo wrestlers Raise-your-feet-in-the-air-and-then-slam-it-to-the-ground move. Once his feet hits the ground it gives off a shockwave that can damage you’re opponents. The longer you charge the move up by holding down the button, the stronger it gets. If you charge the move to it's max, you can save the attack up for later use. Just Like Donkey Kong, Samus etc with their chargeable special moves.

Final Smash: Crashmo/Fallblox reset

Those who have played the games likely remember the reset switches that you can press on to start over the level if you get stuck. If you played Crashmo/fallblox, when you press those switches the puzzle you couldn’t complete comes falling down from the sky.
This is how I think his final smash would work; As Mallo activates the final smash he slams his feet to the ground getting any nearby opponents stuck to the ground, a reset switch appears next to him on the foreground as he jumps on it and then a Crashmo/Fallblox puzzle falls to the ground hitting you’re opponents and launching them away. Once Mallo finishes his final smash, Poppy’s birds come along and take the puzzle away from the stage and the battle continues.

Also if Mallo activates this final smash in the air, his stomp will act as a meteor smash and if he perform's it above a bottomless pit. The Crashmo/Fallblox puzzle will fall straight down without the bird's carrying it back up.

Mallo’s smash attacks.

*Neutral smash:
Mallo performs two punches on a similar speed as wario’s neutral smash.

*Side smash:
Mallo charges a stronger punch by moving his arm in circle’s and then dealing the blow onto the enemy by charging it straight at them.

*Down smash:
Mallo does a weaker variation of his down Special. He raises his feat in the air and then slams it onto the ground. It won’t send out a shockwave so you need to make sure it actually hit’s your opponent with this.

*Up smash:
Mallo charges his arm down, when the player lets go of the button he delivers a skyward punch.

Mallo’s aerial moves.

* Neutral smash:
Mallo waves his arm’s in a circular fashion kind of similar to the cute animation he does when he fall’s down in the games. He move can score multiple hits.

* Side smash:
It would be similar to how Ness did his aerial Side Smash in Smash 64.

* Down Smash:
He curls himself up into a ball and then makes a strong fall to the ground. I would say it’s his meteor smash.

* Up Smash:
Mallo does an upward punch.

Mallo's grab attacks.

* Neutral grab attack: Mallo deals regulr punches to his opponent to rack up more damage.

* Forward throw: Mallo pushes his opponent three steps forward and then throw's his opponent forward.

* Backward throw: Mallow pulls his opponent three steps backward and then throws his opponent backwards.

* Skyward throw: Mallo smashes his opponent to the floor and then throws him/her skyward.

* Downward throw: Mallo jumps up and then dives hard to crush his opponent.

Mallo’s Taunts.

* Mallo slaps his belly. (The animation he usually does in the games when he proposes to help out)

* Mallo does a variation of his down special and smash attack. Although it doesn't do any damage and he does it once with his left feet and then with his right.

* Mallo does a spin jump.

Mallo's battle intro

Mallo enters the stage the same way as he enters the levels and reaches the flag in his games. But he performs it a bit quicker for the match.

Mallo's victory animations.

* He does his animation that he usually does when he starts a level or reaches the flag.

* He does his little victory fanfare whenever you solve the tenth puzzle in every stage in the games.

* He does an extended variation of the second taunt.

His victory theme will obviously be a variation of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9XdU_8ea90
jab: a few swipes with his hands
strong side: shoves his hands forward
strong up: shoves his hands upwards
strong down: stomps with his feet

side smash: rams foe with full body
up smash: jumps up raming foes with his whole body
down smash: slams his foot down

neutral air: spins in the air
forward air: swings goal flag forward
back air: backwards kick
up air: swings goal flag above him
down air: downwards shove

pummel: headbutts
forward throw: pushes foe before throwing them forward
back throw: drags foe like a block before throwing behind
up throw: tosses them upwards
down throw: drops them the slams his foot on them

neutral special: block shot, stomps on a button the stretches out a block just in from of him which then retracts
side special: block pull/push, pushes or pulls a block towards a foe
up special: man hole warp, climbs into an upside down man hole and climbs out a right ways up one further away, works like teleporting moves
down special: rewind, uses the rewind time feature to dodge an attack and counter

dash: tackles

final smash: pullblox studio, similar to the villager's mallo traps foes and quickly makes a small pullblox around them damaging them then mallo pulls the block out launching those trapped
Mallo's stage.

Pushmo/Pullblox park.

I quickly wen't into the game and whipped this up, sorry it's nothing spectacular (or difficult for that matter) but I believe this does the job fine in terms of smash. To see the actual "stage" and get a general idea of how it works. Feel free to download this by scanning the QR code on the right and try it out for yourself if you have Pushmo/Pullblox on your 3DS. The way you solve this puzzle is basically how the stage would work in smash.

I called the stage Smashblox or Smashmo because that's essentially how I believe the stage would be called. Like Smashville in Brawl. It's obviously shaped like the main icon of Super Smash Bros.

Instead of Mallo though, Corin (The kid who caused all the trouble in the first game) will be the one solving this puzzle. As you fight on the stage. Corin shows up and pull's out the first green block and enters the manhole from under. He comes out from above the green block and after a little while he goes onto pressing the switch to open up the yellow block. After a little while he goes into the manhole that brings him to the yellow block and he does the same process for the other blocks. Once he reaches the flag, he jumps for a bit and then jumps down to press the reset switch and all the blocks will return to their original state repeating the cycle.

As you're fighting be sure you don't get in the way of the blocks as they can smash you away as they get pulled out. Hence the name: "Smashblox" and "Smashmo".

Of course you can fight on top of these blocks as the stage goes on. But you can't enter the manholes or press the buttons since they will be out of you're reach. After all you'l be fighting on the second line of the block's. Not the third.

Music for the stage.

These songs I believe will fit well for this stage. Whether their remixed is up to Nintendo/Intelligent Systems/Sakurai/Whoever composes the music.

* Puzzle theme 2 Pullblox/Pushmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrzuJeQrp84
* Level maker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJEFtYMiwg
* Challenge level Fallblox/Crashmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmpWutPYn18
* Prototype levels Fallblox/Crashmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqoSyAIG4Vc
* Level Maker levels Fallblox/Crashmo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEwkhm8ywHY&list=UUtCXP_xxFQ5_S9ZoVfT8U6A&index=1
Also there is a pretty fun level music that play's when you start on the bonus Crashmo's/Fallblox once you've finished the storymode but I can't seem to find the song of it on youtube. And there is also the Nintendo puzzles song from Pullblox/Pushmo which I also can't seem to find :/ But that's seven for now which is good.

Overall. Mallo's games are very fun and unique and he's also one of Nintendo's newest heroes. We haven't really got many new IP's represented in smash untill Pikmin which only came out as early as 2001. So I'd be very happy to see some more new IP's show up in smash. Mallo in particular has proven to be quite popular and as I've shown, he has moveset potential. And we haven't really gotten any sumo wrestler-type fighters in smash yet. So Mallo fit's the bill for that as an eShop representative as well as puzzle representative.

We don't really know Nintendo's stance in term's of their online shop IP's since they were pretty much embraced around Brawl's time and especially later on with the 3DS and Wii U. So we can't be entirely sure how Nintendo's non-retail IP's are considered by Sakurai. But if I had a guess, I'd say they won't be treated any different than Nintendo's retail franchises.

That's just my stance on it. Hope you had a good read. ^_^

Mallo supporters!
People who support, like or don't mind seeing Mallo in Smash 4!​

Curious Villager * Arcadenik * fogbadge * Thrillhouse-vh. * LaniusShrike * Sabrewulf238 * kisamefishfries * Popo Nana Power * Brickbuild101 * Staarih * StaffofSmashing * Bowserlick * OctiVick * SunnyDust * The Cero Kelvin * smashkirby * FirstBlade * Sobreviviente * Drazile * PreedReve * Wintropy * Amiiben * GmanSir * ItsMeBrandon * Thelimomon * GenesisTheSmashColt *

Also, here is a support sig made by Frostwraith, enjoy.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mallo has my full support! I always wanted a Pushmo/Crashmo stage... I was thinking of Smashmo Park, it's a play on Pushmo/Crashmo Parks. But lately I have been wanting Mallo as a playable character and I think he would make a fine sumo wrestler in Smash. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mallo has my full support! I always wanted a Pushmo/Crashmo stage... I was thinking of Smashmo Park, it's a play on Pushmo/Crashmo Parks. But lately I have been wanting Mallo as a playable character and I think he would make a fine sumo wrestler in Smash. :awesome:
I would love a stage from this series. It would indeed be pretty interesting and unique for smash. :)

Yeah same here. I would love to see Mallo playable too especially with a sumo wrestling type moveset! :grin:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Holy smokes that's a big OP! Anyway, I, and lots of others, fell that if an e-shop exclusive character is going to get in it will be dillon the armadillo. Mallo just hasn't had as big hype about... uh... his/her/it's series as dillon has and the fact that they are fully-fledged games pretty much and that a sequel is already confirmed puts him as pretty high chances if Sakurai wanted to include some new but popular character or something like that. Beats mallo anyway. :p

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If Mallo doesn't get in, i hope he'll get in as DLC.

The stage is absolutely necessary though. (It would be amazing)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Holy smokes that's a big OP! Anyway, I, and lots of others, fell that if an e-shop exclusive character is going to get in it will be dillon the armadillo. Mallo just hasn't had as big hype about... uh... his/her/it's series as dillon has and the fact that they are fully-fledged games pretty much and that a sequel is already confirmed puts him as pretty high chances if Sakurai wanted to include some new but popular character or something like that. Beats mallo anyway. :p
I honestly don't see why Dillon would necessarily hold Mallo back for Smash. (I love both franchises for the record.) And why would a sequel to Dillon's Rolling Western be any sort of obstacle for Mallo who also got a sequel before him? And for something that wasn't hyped much. It sold pretty good I believe. But if for some reason Nintendo decided to add only one eShop character, than it can go eitherway really. Especially since more IP's are on their way such as Harmo Knights and then there is Sakura Samurai. :/ But that's just my opinion.

Also where did you get the info that Dillon is getting a sequel? That's awesome! :D

PS. Mallo is a Male.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see why Dillon would necessarily hold Mallo back for Smash. (I love both franchises for the record.) And why would a sequel to Dillon's Rolling Western be any sort of obstacle for Mallo who also got a sequel before him? And for something that wasn't hyped much. It sold pretty good I believe. But if for some reason Nintendo decided to add only one eShop character, than it can go eitherway really. Especially since more IP's are on their way such as Harmo Knights and then there is Sakura Samurai. :/ But that's just my opinion.

Also where did you get the info that Dillon is getting a sequel? That's awesome! :D

PS. Mallo is a Male.
Well, I just thought it pretty likely that only one e-shop exclusive character would get in, but mets. It is definitely between Dillon and Mallo if there is only one spot though, and I forgot to add that a lot of people over here in the UK seem really hyped for Dillon, with many of my friends having him as their most wanted character! Just something to note that Dillon is wanted in europe (or at least the UK) as well.

Also I found out that Dillon was getting a sequel on the Dillon thread! :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, I just thought it pretty likely that only one e-shop exclusive character would get in, but mets. It is definitely between Dillon and Mallo if there is only one spot though.
Well I do agree if there is room for only one eShop character then Its definitely between Mallo and Dillon (Especially if Dillon actually gets that sequel). But honestly I can imagine Sakurai adding at least two very modern Nintendo characters like he does for retro characters every smash since Melee and I would love to see both Mallo and Dillon in there.
I forgot to add that a lot of people over here in the UK seem really hyped for Dillon, with many of my friends having him as their most wanted character! Just something to note that Dillon is wanted in europe (or at least the UK) as well.
Really? I live in the UK too but I haven't really seen much hype for him here... Then again there is only like one person in my college who has a 3DS so I wouldn't know. But that's good for Dillon if he has supporters. :)
Also I found out that Dillon was getting a sequel on the Dillon thread! :p
I thought that was a rumor... But that would still be great if Its actually true. :)
There's only one Mallow for me

I knew someone was going to bring this guy up in this thread sooner or later. :p

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Since he's a sumo wrestler, he could be a small heavy-weight character! That has the potential to become a very interesting balance.

I don't feel Dillon his hindering Mallo's chances. Just because they're both from downloadable games doesn't necessarily mean only 1 may get in. In fact, it could be both or neither as well

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Since he's a sumo wrestler, he could be a small heavy-weight character! That has the potential to become a very interesting balance.

I don't feel Dillon his hindering Mallo's chances. Just because they're both from downloadable games doesn't necessarily mean only 1 may get in. In fact, it could be both or neither as well
It would indeed. :)

Yeah neither do I. As I said, we don't know what Sakurai's stance is in terms of Nintendo's eShop characters. We could get either of them, both of them or neither of them. They may appear as Assist Trophies or they may be lucky enough to get even a trophy and/or a sticker or even not appearing in the games at all.

Anyway's. I updated the original post by including the grab moves and Mallo's battle intro. I might update my post again to include other stuff such as Snake and Pit's codecs etc. :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I feel that since Dillon's game was developed by Vanpool, a minor second-party developer responsible for Tingle's own games, I think that makes Dillon a bit less likely than Mallo. At least Mallo's games were developed by Intelligent Systems, a major first-party developer responsible for Fire Emblem and Paper Mario games. It's just something I have noticed within the Smash Bros. games... that characters from Nintendo's first-party games are more likely to get in Smash over characters from Nintendo's second-party games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I feel that since Dillon's game was developed by Vanpool, a minor second-party developer responsible for Tingle's own games, I think that makes Dillon a bit less likely than Mallo. At least Mallo's games were developed by Intelligent Systems, a major first-party developer responsible for Fire Emblem and Paper Mario games. It's just something I have noticed within the Smash Bros. games... that characters from Nintendo's first-party games are more likely to get in Smash over characters from Nintendo's second-party games.
Oh That's interesting. :)

Another reason to have Mallo: He's smash's response to E. Honda. :awesome:
Yeah... http://gabiculi.tumblr.com/post/34795060953/malloversushonda :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sure. :p

I suppose the roster could do with an eShop row with Mallo, Dillon, Sakura Samurai guy and Tempo (Harmo knight kid). Or would that be overkill? ^^'

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thats actually all it needs. :laugh:
Hah I suppose so. I might make a support thread for them too once I get to play their games and really like them, and if I can come up with a decent moveset for them (And if it hasn't been made already). I'm especially looking forward to Harmo knight's because I like Tempo a lot for some reason. :p

Anyway's, I updated the first part of the OP by removing the random chatter and gave Mallo a more inviting introduction... :3 Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have no idea who that is but LOOK AT HIM :3

Because of the small downloadable IP and comparisons to Dilon's Rolling Western, I doubt a full playable character without his game/franchise being more established, but even then it sounds like great AT material. Keep in mind I would love if this adorable little guy was playable :3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have no idea who that is but LOOK AT HIM :3

Because of the small downloadable IP and comparisons to Dilon's Rolling Western, I doubt a full playable character without his game/franchise being more established, but even then it sounds like great AT material. Keep in mind I would love if this adorable little guy was playable :3
I'm happy to read the little guy appeals to you. If you have a 3DS with an Internet connection I highly recommend trying out the games from the Nintendo eShop. ^_^

Well he has two games under his belt in a span of two years which is pretty good for a small and young franchise as this imo. But yes. Currently It's difficult to tell where Mallo will stand and what Sakurai's opinion is regarding eShop IP's. Him coming in as an assist trophy would still be quite good for him. But It would be more exciting to see him join smash as a playable character instead imo. ^_^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Nah I don't have a 3DS.

Looking around, general consensus is that it's the best downloadable title Nintendo has ever done. Not too hard given their track record, but still. Plus it just looks fun.

Did I mention he's adorable?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah I don't have a 3DS.

Looking around, general consensus is that it's the best downloadable title Nintendo has ever done. Not too hard given their track record, but still. Plus it just looks fun.

Did I mention he's adorable?
Alrighty. If you do ever decide to purchase a 3DS you should try this series out. Their great fun. :)

Oh well I guess it isn't so surprising since the games are still being advertised on the Nintendo eShop. (At least in the UK they do. Not sure about America and Japan) Seems here at least Nintendo is pushing for its popularity. which I don't mind since I adore the series. ^_^

I believe so yes. But it doesn't hurt saying it twice. :p

Pre order SSB4 and get a Mallo plush toy! :awesome:

:phone:
That's quite the offer. But methink's Sakurai would rather offer a Kirby or Pit plush instead. Wouldn't mind a Mallo one though. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ooh this thread has been brought back to live. How sweet...

The moveset reminds me of the big sumo bug from Kirby with a touch of that thunder stomping koopa from Super Mario World.
Hey that actually doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Maybe as Mallo perform's his down special on top of a floating platform, he can bring out that thunder that burns on the ground. The longer he charges it the stronger it gets? Could be pretty useful...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Your knowledge of the handheld side of nintendo greatly expands my initial perceived impression of the amount of reps possible for sm4sh. I can't believe I've missed out on gems such as Layton, Pushmo, and rolling western. I believe they have an even greater chance what with sm4sh also being developed for the 3DS. I've been hearing big buzz about pushmo but I didn't realize it had such a perfect rep for a game like smash bros.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Your knowledge of the handheld side of nintendo greatly expands my initial perceived impression of the amount of reps possible for sm4sh. I can't believe I've missed out on gems such as Layton, Pushmo, and rolling western. I believe they have an even greater chance what with sm4sh also being developed for the 3DS. I've been hearing big buzz about pushmo but I didn't realize it had such a perfect rep for a game like smash bros.
Hah, I'm happy to hear that you're made aware of some great series that were made unnoticed for you.I hope you enjoy them if you play them. ^_^

I do hope as well that now that Smash is also getting a game for 3DS that Sakurai will also take a look at more handheld series since I've noticed most tend to be quite neglected in terms of playable rep besides Pokemon and I guess Wario Ware etc. Especially the early GB games such as Mole Mania.

Anyway's. Thanks. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Felt like giving the thread a little bump. I hope the mods don't mind.

I've been thinking, after the appearance of Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager, I don't think Mallo is as "out there" as I thought he was.

He has moveset potential as I've shown, his games were pretty popular, whether the series has any form of violence in it or not has pretty much been debunked thanks to these two newcomers, and seeing how Sakurai has brought in two not so popularly requested characters into the game (Although Villager only lost popularity because Sakurai shut him down during the Brawl days so I'm not sure if he counts) I think Mallo could have some chance of getting in. But he probably won't... :/ It's such a shame too, Intelligent Systems has some pretty cool characters such as Anna and Mallo but it's kinda discouraging to think that they probably won't stand a chance as IS would probably just request Sakurai for Chrom and call it a day. :/

Oh well, gotta wait and see I guess... At least give us a Pushmo/Pullblox stage Sakurai. :/

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
"Out there" characters really have to mean something for their inclusion. Villager was to represent the currently popular AC franchise. Wii Fit Trainer is there to represent, well the phenomenally selling Wii Fit. So if you're going to add someone from the eShop, I would think Dillon gets the only shot out there (and probably Mallo too, since both have sequels), that would be sorta "out there."

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think you really understood what I meant with "out there". The thing that Mallo, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer have in common is that they have this "peaceful" character type that would have probably shut Mallo down by Sakurai had it been the pre-Brawl days since his game doesn't feature much violence of any type (unless you count children and birds getting sealed into walls as violence I guess). Now that that rule has been thrown out of the window thanks to these two newcomers, I think that Mallo can actually have a shot. Plus Mallo's games have also been very successful actually.

And both Dillon and Mallo are equal in terms of chances if you ask me. The thing that Mallo has going for him is (from what I've heard at least) that his games were vastly more popular than Dillon's and both Mallo's games were released worldwide whereas Dillon's sequel only got released to America and Japan, his sequel wasn't even announced for Europe so I'm going to assume his game really didn't do as well (At least in Europe). Mallo's games were also advertised for a much longer period of time on the eShop compared to Dillon, (Again at least in Europe, don't know how well Dillon's games were advertised in the other regions) Plus I don't really see why they both can't be in really, It's not like Sakurai has some secret criteria that only one eShop character can be represented in Smash, especially since he has apparently been craving for more new IP's anyways.

At least that's just my opinion. I don't want to turn this into a Dillon vs Mallo debate since I support them both and I want to see them both in the game so lets drop this.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
While I've never heard of this character and may have clicked it while wondering if it was a weirdly spelled Super Mario RPG thread, he seems fun. Seeing this little guy Sumo wrestling Bowser would be pretty awesome...

Fun sumo-ish moveset, by the by. Also, I suppose it'd be good to get a puzzle game rep at some point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
While I've never heard of this character and may have clicked it while wondering if it was a weirdly spelled Super Mario RPG thread, he seems fun. Seeing this little guy Sumo wrestling Bowser would be pretty awesome...

Fun sumo-ish moveset, by the by. Also, I suppose it'd be good to get a puzzle game rep at some point.

Well I'm happy to hear that you don't mind this character at least. ^_^

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Haha, I'll be honest, I'm really enjoying imagining the round guy doing dodge rolls... Mostly, him facing the screen and just doing a complete barrel roll. Low animation, maximum hilarity.

Man, a lot of nice work went into this OP. How well-known/popular was his game, anyway? Looks like they reviewed pretty well, and having two games in the first place is a good sign.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Haha, I'll be honest, I'm really enjoying imagining the round guy doing dodge rolls... Mostly, him facing the screen and just doing a complete barrel roll. Low animation, maximum hilarity.

Man, a lot of nice work went into this OP. How well-known/popular was his game, anyway? Looks like they reviewed pretty well, and having two games in the first place is a good sign.

I'm glad to hear that. ^_^

And thanks. I appreciate that. :D

I think his game was one of the most popular eShop games on the 3DS I don't know how popular they were but it definitely received very high praise with many newfound fans making and uploading all sorts of cool and creative custom stages they have made.

According to the eShop the games have both gotten an overall 4.5 star rating with the vast majority of voters giving them a full 5 star rating which is very impressive for a new series.

I hope Sakurai looks into some eShop IP's if he wants to get some more new characters into the game. Mallo and Dillon would both be great to have. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would say having Mallo playable would definitely be worth it. We haven't got any sumo wrestles type character in Smash yet and his moveset definitely be unique. His games are also very popular and overall he'd be a very fun character to have around.

I definitely think that Mallo can be a very enjoyable addition for the roster. But that's just my opinion really.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Dillon's Rolling Western is first party. Vanpool was the author. Nintendo holds all the rights.

Given the game, it could happen. Pushmo is pretty popular.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wasn't sure of this guy being playable at first but this thread has convinced me. I didn't realize he was a sumo wrestler....in hindsight it's pretty clear looking at his design. So he must be strong and capable of taking care of himself.

I could definitely see Sakurai (and Nintendo) wanting an eShop rep playable in the game. Including Mallo would be perfect advertising for the platform. It would be harder to ignore the eShop and digital downloads if an eShop only character was playable.

His only real competition is Dillon and maybe Tempo....but I can't see Dillon making it if Sonic returns. Tempo might be too new and uncertain to make it...do we know how successful HarmoKnight was?

Top Bottom