• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Superpower Pokemon - Machamp for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPower

Smash Rookie

There are a lot of veritable Fighting-type Pokemon out there, but none get more important or well-deserving of a seat in the roster as Machamp! (...Well, 'cept for Lucario...)

Game History:
Machamp is a Superpower Pokemon and No. 68 in the Pokedex. It debuted alongside the very first 151 Pokemon and was used by experts in Fighting-types (e.g.: Bruno). You can make a Machoke evolve into Machamp by trading with someone else.

Specialties:
Machamp (believe it or not) can land 1000 punches in as low as 2 seconds! It can have either one of these two abilities: Guts, which boosts Attack if it's inflicted with a status problem, or No Guard, an ability that ensures its attacks and the opponent's attacks aimed against it hit. No Guard has a slight drawback... type matchups. Even if your Machamp (or any other Pokemon with the ability) has No Guard, any moves which won't usually affect certain-typed Pokemon (like Normal/Fighting moves against Ghost types) still won't hit.

Moves:
Special: Focus Punch
This is a chargeable move. However, any charged power will be lost if Machamp is hit while charging.

Special Sideways: Submission
Machamp grabs a foe and slams into the ground. This reckless move causes Machamp to get some damage.

Special Upper: Sky Uppercut
Machamp releases an uppercut. This move does more damage against foes in the air.

Special Lower: Brick Break
This move has high shieldbreaking properties.

Final Smash: Close Combat
This works much like Marth's Critical Hit, without the HP bars. Machamp rushes in the direction he's facing and assaults any opponent(s) he contacts. A final blow sends the foe(s) flying.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Machamp = every other fighting type except for Lucario in terms of chances for the roster. Come on, I think there should be the karate master with a trio of hitmonchan, hitmonlee and hitmontop!
Aside from how awesome that would be, it's never gonna happen. Neither is Machamp.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Machamp = every other fighting type except for Lucario in terms of chances for the roster. Come on, I think there should be the karate master with a trio of hitmonchan, hitmonlee and hitmontop!
Aside from how awesome that would be, it's never gonna happen. Neither is Machamp.
Damn..that would be sooo sick.

:phone:

HighPower

Smash Rookie
Ok, ok, I get the gist, so if an administrator is reading this, please delete this thread.

umegames

Smash Cadet
I'd rather see Hitmontop, would be a very different play style I'm sure

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Umm...no. Leave it to professionals...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
You had to trade Machoke to get him to evolve!?! Go figure...Maybe if Machamp got into smash bros it would fill that Machamp-less void in my life.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom