• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pizzano's Electronic Gaming - January 26th, 2013 - Winter Haven, Florida

Exdeath

Smash Master
Start times:
UMVC3, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl singles - 7:30 P.M.

Fees:
$5 door fee
$5 entry per event

All games will have a payout of 60/30/10

Rules:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:

You may request Blind Pick
No turbo buttons allowed for any games
All dipswitch settings set to default when applicable
Finals are all 3 out of 5 matches
Will be played on XBOX 360
All matches are 3 out of 5
Galactus Mode is banned from tournament play
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner keeps same starting character, but can switch order of assists
You may not use the same character twice on the same team
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
All characters are tournament legal, including Jill and Shuma Gorath
If a draw occurs, the match will be replayed.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012:
Default settings. 2 out of 3 games. At either player’s request, matches will be played on the training stage. This request must be made before the match starts. Loser may change character/ultra. Winner may change ultra after the loser changes characters, but before he selects his ultra.

Rules:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (If there are enough entrants)

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counter pick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this rule set if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stage List:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counter pick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counter pick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counter pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

This will be Apex 2013 Rules

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Food Specials:

Pizzano's will be selling large one topping pizzas for $5.99 at the venue.

For any additional questions please call or text Tony Thornton at 863-224-2450.

http://www.facebook.com/events/417895988278513/

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
If it starts at 7:30 then it will end veeeery late
This usually ends before or immediately after midnight since it's usually just Brawl Singles. It would have more events like Melee Singles/AE2012/UMvC3 but this doesn't get great turnout for those.

Speaking of UMvC3, I would like to apologize to Exdeath since I will not be attending this as CEO Winterfest had this date locked since August and the competition will be there.

Exdeath

Smash Master
If it starts at 7:30 then it will end veeeery late
The tournaments tend to last for about 4 hours, including seeding and registration.

cause this is after apex can we ban mk?
I originally was planning to, but when I've asked people they've essentially said that he'll just be banned for a few months and then unbanned for the next APEX like we did this year. That Mink plans to ban him but Nick Riddle doesn't makes it a split issue for the region in general, so I'm ultimately catering to my audience. If you'd prefer Meta Knight to be banned, then please say so in this thread (as you just did).

Exdeath

Smash Master
This usually ends before or immediately after midnight since it's usually just Brawl Singles. It would have more events like Melee Singles/AE2012/UMvC3 but this doesn't get great turnout for those.

Speaking of UMvC3, I would like to apologize to Exdeath since I will not be attending this as CEO Winterfest had this date locked since August and the competition will be there.
There's nothing to apologize for. This was pretty much the earliest date possible for a tournament dry spell is having. I recognize that Winterfest is happening on this date and encourage that everyone interested in AE or UMvC3 to attend that instead, which is why UMvC3 is not in the title. This is primarily for Brawl and Melee, along with a side tournament for UMvC3 if anyone is coming for Smash and is interested.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'll do my best to be there, I promise. Sure, I might not do as good as I usually do (which is still pretty bad), but I always have fun. Can't wait to be there!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Meta legal. Please.

And money match me :)

Someone take me up on my reverse main MM challenge!

:falco: vs :random:

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Alright! Another one of these! I'm psyched for this.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
you know, I wanted that friendly replay of you trying to blow me up in the end to be on video, but it looks looks like it's not happening. Welp.

Can't afford anything now, but if I'm able to get a free ride, I'll only be spectating and doing casuals.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
bump. you guys better go out and support tony's tourney series. Probably better for tourney attendance well being overall for smash in the CFL region.

just sayin

(also I wont be there but still go :laugh: )

Exdeath

Smash Master
Who from Tampa that can 'dominate' is going? You and Mampam?
I'm not sure who all is going, but Fidel Cashflow, Ed, Trump, oLJo, ZMT, Red Halberd, iPresea, Lies!, Yoss, etc. are fairly safe bets to dominate possible brackets.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^^ hard out here for a pimp

lade must have mountains of marvel rust on him to not want to go to CEO

Top Bottom