• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M] Pixel CSS for Project M 2.5 version 1.0

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
Sprites by AbyssWolf/Shun one.

Recolors by KazarSanaga/Shun one.

I have started working on a Pixel CSS for Project M. My reason for doing this is because it would match the pixel battle HUD (Which you can find here) and I wanted to make a CSS like the pixel CSS in Melee hacks. I have finished 1.0, and its ready to download.

You can find the original sprites here.

With white outline

DL

*UPDATE

Without white outline

DL

[COLLAPSE="Updates"]*Update
I try'd a crack at adding a aura ball to Lucario here's what I got

Here's a taste of whats to come in later versions.

NOTE: I forgot to sharpen the Black Fox, my bad.[/COLLAPSE]

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Cool idea, good v1.0. :)

Suggestion: Darken those white outlines, they really take away from the overall aesthetic of the menu. Maybe even just completely take them out.

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet

Suggestion: Darken those white outlines, they really take away from the overall aesthetic of the menu. Maybe even just completely take them out.
Yeah, I think I might just take them out all together.

hamyojo

Smash Ace

I was going to say "Is there a version without the white outlines?" but I didn't want to be rude...

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I haven't tried in-game (though I think I will use this) but from the screen shot I kinda like the outline. Helps the characters pop out a little since they otherwise have quite dull coloring that makes them all blend together.

:phone:

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet

*Update
I've added one without the white outline. Check the main post. :)

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Looks good Royal I'll most def be downloading thanks

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Alright so I just put this in my game. Do you think there's any way to get the portraits to be sharper, maybe brighter? I feel like they're kinda blurry. Definitely gonna keep it and see if it grows on me more though, I like it. Can't wait to see future revisions :)

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
Alright so I just put this in my game. Do you think there's any way to get the portraits to be sharper, maybe brighter? I feel like they're kinda blurry. Definitely gonna keep it and see if it grows on me more though, I like it. Can't wait to see future revisions :)
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'm fully aware of some of the portraits being a bit burly, I'm aiming to fix that. Yes, just extract it to the root of the sd card.

Looks good Royal I'll most def be downloading thanks
Thanks!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This is awesome.

If I were to offer any suggestions, it would be to move up slightly the Lucario, Ness, and Charizard Portraits to get a better look at their faces.

The Lucario sprite would look even cooler holding a aura sphere but smaller than in the artwork.

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
This is cool, I'll probably throw my own little spin on this here shortly.
I'll be excited to see what you do with this CSS.

This is awesome.

If I were to offer any suggestions, it would be to move up slightly the Lucario, Ness, and Charizard Portraits to get a better look at their faces.

The Lucario sprite would look even cooler holding a aura sphere but smaller than in the artwork.
There just fine where they are, lol.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
You should move this thread to the brand spankin' new P:M workshop

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I really like this. I hope that Project: M uses these. Different portraits would make them look different and make new users tell it's not normal smash-bros.

EDIT: I was bored, so if incase someone makes a Mr. L texture swap. You can use this.

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
Here's a taste of whats to come in later versions.

NOTE: I forgot to sharpen the Black Fox, my bad.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
*stares at his own unreleased pixel HUD*

Royal Syrup, this rocks. Also, do you use photoshop? If so, when you're resizing the sprites for CSP size, change the interpolation to "nearest neighbor". It'll give you some nice results with a little bit of tweaking.

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
*stares at his own unreleased pixel HUD*

Royal Syrup, this rocks. Also, do you use photoshop? If so, when you're resizing the sprites for CSP size, change the interpolation to "nearest neighbor". It'll give you some nice results with a little bit of tweaking.
Thanks! I use Gimp for all of my image editing. Interpolation might be in Gimp i'm not sure.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
For some when I click on some of the sprite links on that deviant art page. It google chrome warns me that the site contains malware? Could you do me a favor and post all of the sprites so I can have them?

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Hey, so I DL'd and noticed that the resolutions on some CSP Icons, like peach shiek and G&W, aren't in line with all the others. I went to to abysswolf's deviantart page to grab the originals and edit them myself, but the domain that half the images are hosted on, usuarios.lycos.es, is being blocked by google for suspected malware, and when you proceed anyway, the images are nowhere to be found.

If you could upload the originals, I could do some work on them for ya if you want. I think I could also make the larger preview images much sharper as well.

*Literally quit lurking and made this account because of this project. Looks baws.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I second Cuban Legend's question. I think I would like it without the names even better.

Also, great work Royal Syrup! This looks sick. I look forward to the updates!

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Removing the names isn't difficult at all. If Royal doesn't do it, I probably will.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Removing the names isn't difficult at all. If Royal doesn't do it, I probably will.
Cool! Thanks! Is there a way to give a short step by step on how to do this manually?

Also, as a token of my appreciation I made pixel-battle portraits for Roy, the textures can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ygg5e1b28kt1e
CSS:

BPs:

they are based on this Alternate Sprite of Roy (done over marth's sprite)

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
Cool! Thanks! Is there a way to give a short step by step on how to do this manually?

Also, as a token of my appreciation I made pixel-battle portraits for Roy, the textures can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ygg5e1b28kt1e
CSS:

BPs:

Damn, that's pretty snazzy stuff right there. :awesome:

Kneato

Totoro Joe

CSS:

BPs:

To do that yourself, you have to go into your common5.pac with brawlbox, in sc_charselect, MiscData70, Textures you'll find the MenSelchrChrNmS files. I'm pretty sure if you replace those with blank transparent png images of the same size, that will do it.

Also, I've been working on the recolors from brawl to P:M for characters like Sonic, the Pokemon trainer trio, and lucario. Here's a sample of what I've got done so far

Progress gentlemen.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'll do you guys a favor and post all the sprites we did for the pixel BPs. Expect it sometime this week.

I should post the .psds and my custom Roy sprite too

:phone:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
To do that yourself, you have to go into your common5.pac with brawlbox, in sc_charselect, MiscData70, Textures you'll find the MenSelchrChrNmS files. I'm pretty sure if you replace those with blank transparent png images of the same size, that will do it.
Thanks for helping but that only makes a white texture appear in place of the names...

I've heard it can be done with this somehow: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26658

IT's also spoken about here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9780864#post9780864

I've been trying to do that to my pixel BP common5.pac but I've been unsuccessful so far. :(

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Thanks for helping but that only makes a white texture appear in place of the names...

I've heard it can be done with this somehow: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26658

IT's also spoken about here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9780864#post9780864

I've been trying to do that to my pixel BP common5.pac but I've been unsuccessful so far. :(
So I haven't tested it yet but you might wanna try what dino_gonzales from brawlvault did.

Common5.pac>>miscdata30>>AnmChr>>MenSelChrFaceI_TopN
There you'll find nameEA7. Change the Y translation value to 100.

If I understand correctly, this just moves it 100 units up so it is no longer visible on screen.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
So I haven't tested it yet but you might wanna try what dino_gonzales from brawlvault did.

Common5.pac>>miscdata30>>AnmChr>>MenSelChrFaceI_TopN
There you'll find nameEA7. Change the Y translation value to 100.

If I understand correctly, this just moves it 100 units up so it is no longer visible on screen.
Tried it...
The left is the BrawlVault file with the value, the right is my file. It won't work.

why wont it work?:confused:

Edit1: My mistake, I was in the wrong place, I was in the TEXTURES folder. So, yeah, I GOT IT! :D

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
That Mewtwo sprite should be scaled down and cleaned up in order to match the style of the other character's sprites.

A lot of these recolors being posted have already been done between Shun and I. We really should post all that stuff at some point. I'd love to have it all public to cut out all this work for everyone else but I've just been so busy. T_T

Also, I have a few different CSS's made with the Pixel BP's that are pretty top tier, but just haven't released them yet. I needa take screen kappas.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Just a small update, I'm nearly finished with all of the P:M recolors.

And in case others are interested and Royal doesn't post one, I'll try to post a nameless version of this pack like the one Cuban Legend made.

Top Bottom