• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combining classic expansion pack and brawl-???

Linkmaster_717

Smash Rookie
Could anyone help me/ teach me the folder setup for brawl minus combined with the classic expansion pack (adds 33 stages, making it a total of 77)

I have an SDHC card so Homebrew wont work for me when i try to use the Filepatch code, so instead i use Riivolution, is there something im doing wrong? I have brawl minus and the classic expansion pack working individually in their respective foldersl like SD:/brawlmods/brawlminus and SD:/brawlmods/custom1 but whenever i try combining them it doesnt work. I imported the custom1 pf folders into SD:/brawlmods/ubrawl (unstoppabrawl) and then i imported the fighter folder (which should contain all the movesets) from the brawlminus folder and then i combined the GCT files together (starting with the custom1 first which is just basically just codes to switch songs around) then i put in the codes from brawl minus (the ones that affect gameplay) and i made sure none of the codes were doubled (like how both gcts already included the unrestricted camera, and other duplicates) but when i start it up, the brawl minus movesets are working, but none of the new 33 stages are there, its just showing hannebow and when i click on one the game just stops, it doesnt freeze because i can still use the home button.

Is there anything im missing? Can i even accomplish this with riivolution? am i using the wrong codes? am i supposed to switch out a my_menumain.pac or common5.pac or delete some folder? or add something to my riivolution folder at the root of my SD card and rename it to something?

THIS thread
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.660#msg955902
says they found a way to combine them using riivolution but for some reason it doesnt work for me. riivolution uses the "brawlmods" folder instead of "private" and thats the kind of tutorial they're teaching, im pretty sure its only for SD cards, not SDHC, because SDHC cant support movesets like brawlminus unless they're using homebrew and an SD card (neither of which i am using)

THIS
http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/o...minus-homebrew-channel-method-2x5-f30055.html
is a link to the version of brawl minus im using for riivolution, SAMUS is a bit glitchy but i just used the version of 2.x level 3 instead and it works fine for me on riivolution, with an SDHC card.

THIS
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyxl9xjfxl7s4e
is the link to the classic expansion pack im using for riivolution, it works fine, has the codeset and everything in .txt and .gct

Like i said, im pretty sure i have the essential stuff such as the riivolution folder in the root of the SD card and the other sets of hacks are working such as Project M combined with the classic expansion pack in SD:/brawlmods/custom2 so i have a pretty good knowledge on how to use riivolution with code sets like that but brawl minus combined with the expansion pack isnt working. Could anyone try it for themselves and tell me what they did? Im stumped. I know this is alot of work but i tried to be as specific as possible so someone could get what my problem is THANK YOU in advance i really appreciate anyone trying to help

Top Bottom