• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Nintendo Out-Land-ish choice! Monita for Smash. Moveset inside!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Monita

Monita is the infamous park guide of the famous game "Nintendo Land"

"Who is Monita?"
Monita is your guide of Nintendo Land, and she has her face plastered all over it.
On top of following you everywhere, her face also is the top of the central HUB, Nintendo Land tower.

Other than that, she explains the games, helps you get around the Nintendo Land Plaza and even acts as hazard or helper in the minigames themselves.

"Why Monita for Smash?"

Nintendo Land is the launch game of the WiiU that explained the new happy owners the capabilities of the WiiU Gamepad.

The game was based on a lot of tech demoes, along with original and fresh ideas for Gamepad-games.

In a sense, Nintendo Land acts as the Wii Sports for the WiiU and with Miis in, the robotic successor (That's not Wii Fit Trainer) could join the battle.

"Does she have moveset-potential?"
Yes, she has!

Nintendo Land houses a lot of props based on Nintendo games that she could use.

"But that's just like Villager and Game and Watch!"
Monita is different.
See, Villager and Game and Watch take random objects from their games and use them as weapons they can use.

Monita would take random props from her game, but instead of using them as weapons to handle herself, she just summons a prop that attacks for her.

"But that is a..."
Indeed!
Monita would be our first summoner, letting others attack for her.
This trope is very common in other fighting games, but not represented in Smash yet.

And what better summoners exist than props based on Nintendo's own history?

Movesets:
WeirdChillFever
Jab: A black ninja does two swipes with his sword
Forward Tilt: A diver (G&W) bows to the side
Up Tilt: An elephant from AC throws a candy above him.
Down Tilt: A Hammer Pikmin slams down
Dash Attack: A Toad dives forward

Neutral air: A Luigi Mansion player uses his lamp to shine in a circle.
Forward air: A DK Crash Cart crashes into the opponent
Back air: A Rocketship (Metroid) fires three shots.
Up air: A Zelda archer fires an arrow up.
Down air: Balloon Fighter stomps into his opponent

Side Smash: A Yoshi cart strikes with his tongue
Down Smash: A Blue Falcon smashes through.
Up Smash: The two guards from AC strike together.

Neutral Special: A question block falls and reveals a trophy which knocks back opponents.
Side Special: Monita rides the attraction train.
Up Special: Monita transforms into the Dark Monita UFO for a short time
Down Special: A panchinko field appears the size of King DeDeDe in front of Monita which drops coins as long as the B button is held.
The coins fall on the stage and damage opponents

Final Smash:
Nintendo Land:
All trophies rain down, come to life and attack the opponents.
The Nintendo Land tower appears and plays the pachinko game, which causes coins to rain down.

Grabs and throws:
The ghost from Luigi's Mansion grabs the opponent.
Pummel: The ghost scares the opponent
Forward Throw: The train crashes into opponents
Back Throw: The wind from Balloon Fight blows the opponents away
Up Throw: Kraid comes up and knocks the opponents up.
Down Throw: A Question Block smashes into the opponent.

Taunts:
Side Taunt: Monita's screen flickers a bit and then returns to normal
Up Taunt: Monita points her finger up and talks gibberish.
Dowm Taunt: Monita dances the robot.
Attraction Lovers:
WeirdChillFever
BluePikmin11
Azure Warrior
BakaCirno
bksbestbwoy
Wintropy
The Novice Sword

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
AR Man>>>>Monita>>>>>Mii :awesome:
How about AR Man for the 3ds, Monita for Wii U, and the Mii for both
as wi-fi character icons again
?

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only thing that Monita can do is force you to listen to tutorials that you don't even need in a monotone robot voice.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i thought she'd make a good trophy for the mii section

i dont think she should be a fighter though

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
She's not a fighter. She's a commentator!

This is just going too far!

NintendoLand could/can be a stage, though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I like Monita but the way I'd have her in the game is as part of a Mii character's moveset. As an up-B or a taunt.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would say she would be better suited as a cameo on a Nintendo Land stage, and she could take the stage to different attractions as you fight, each having effects on the stage, based off of the game you are taken to.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
funny thing is, I actually had thought of this before I really started doing ANYTHING on this site. but then I realized all the better choises. Like the Flipnote frog :D

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Forget Wii Fit Trainer, we have found our next true WTF character! Sakurai likes to be unpredictable, so... who knows what would happen next...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Definitely support, I see some potential in her and the potential of a true refined sequel of Nintendo Land.
Probably 4th place behind AR Man, Kawashima, and the Mii. :awesome:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That would be funny, to be honest. But to be fair, I'd love to see her in SSB for Wii U in some form, but not necessarily as a fighter.

But I'd rather have the Mii myself.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Meh. Monita seems more suited to an Assist Trophy or stage prop role to me. But hey, adding her would make that one kid on Miiverse who spoilers all of his posts happy, so...There's that?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
She would've the perfect replacement if Resetti was axed as an assist trophy. But I definitely feel she is best suited as a Nintendo Land stage cameo.

Call me strange but I find her voice sexy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Probably the only character that would make people rage and laugh more than WFT. I have no strong feelings either way but I'd love for there to be a Nintendo Land stage (although, given how the focus is primarlily on the past generation, we might have to wait until SSB5).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Aaaaaaaand we're back in business thanks to that spare battery from Luigi's Ghost Mansion. Now all in favor of Monita can feel free to discuss moveset plans or propose ideas of who should be the new thread owner.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I'll support. I actually think she'd be a great curveball choice with a lot of content to work with. :3

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Honestly, I just love the character just because of her design. I don't know if such a thing would actually happen (especially given the heartless treatment y'all give her reading the posts above), but I think it could legitimately make for the one "wtf" character that would really click with me.

A cosplaying television set turned theme park hostess fighting with an amalgamation of stuff from her attractions just sounds rad. It could also become more relevant with Nintendo entering the theme park space thanks to that Universal Studios deal.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, I just love the character just because of her design. I don't know if such a thing would actually happen (especially given the heartless treatment y'all give her reading the posts above), but I think it could legitimately make for the one "wtf" character that would really click with me.

A cosplaying television set turned theme park hostess fighting with an amalgamation of stuff from her attractions just sounds rad. It could also become more relevant with Nintendo entering the theme park space thanks to that Universal Studios deal.
Bk, I never really thought about that possibly affecting her chances until now and it does however makes things seem like she would be relevant in the future. Monita is becoming more and more likely thanks to two Nintendo Land songs (medley and original) coming to the Miiverse stage and the Universal collaboration.

Monita is now a shoo-in! :cheep:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Monita's moveset features elements from Nintendo Land attractions, including Luigi's Poltergust 3000, Mario's running ability, Takamaru's shuriken and Ridley.

Maximum salt ensues. ;3

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bk, I never really thought about that possibly affecting her chances until now and it does however makes things seem like she would be relevant in the future. Monita is becoming more and more likely thanks to two Nintendo Land songs (medley and original) coming to the Miiverse stage and the Universal collaboration.

Monita is now a shoo-in! :cheep:
You know... maybe Nintendo Land was a way to subtly foreshadow the future... either way, I can easily see Monita being implemented into the park somehow.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just asking, does anyone think the new Nintendo attractions at Universal help her chances in any way?
I think it truly depends on what effect it has on her in the end: Whether she will play a role in advertising the park (Assuming that Nintendo still has a soft spot for the game) or if Nintendo decides to make a Nintendo Land sequel that borrows from concepts from these attractions (But in a more fictional way).

But either way, many fans asked Miyamoto about the potential Nintendo theme park just because of the game's popularity (given it is one of he Wii U's more well sold titles in the past) and concept. So I'll expect the higher ups to use Nintendo Land as a basis for certain attractions or promote the character more often with this "Nintendo Land" in Universal Studios.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I'm totally imagining Monita appearing out of nowhere for the announcement of Smash 5, and then the Internet exploding.
I'll support her.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Just asking, does anyone think the new Nintendo attractions at Universal help her chances in any way?
The way I see it, if Nintendo decides that the concept of her character (i.e. her iconicism) is strong enough to make her an actual element in any of their theme park plans in the future, then Sakurai gets an in to use her in Smash in a similar manner to how WFT was a trojan horse for all the Wii _____ stuff that wasn't the Miis themselves from the Wii generation.

I'm not putting any unhatched chickens before the eggs though, so we'll have to wait and see, but I feel like it'd be totally neat to see things go full circle like this.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Her Final Smash should be summoning the Riddley Robot from the Metroid Blast. >w>

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Her Final Smash should be summoning the Ridley Robot from the Metroid Blast. >w>

Of all times times, I've lost to him and Ice Ridley, that would be the best idea of a Final Smash for her. I'll never forget playing the one mission where you fought them both at the same time in an ice cave since it's one of the more harder missions.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
She could also stun or burn the opponents with her flashlight from the Luigi's Mansion game. I still remember all the times when playing with friends, that Monita would kill the ghost specially in the final level.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman

Of all times times, I've lost to him and Ice Ridley, that would be the best idea of a Final Smash for her. I'll never forget playing the one mission where you fought them both at the same time in an ice cave since it's one of the more harder missions.
Even saltier, make the Robot Ridley the Nintendoland rep. >w>

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since the thread has been revived and the original OP maker is gone (also incomplete), I was wondering who would be the perfect guy or girl that should take over the thread. Well, there seems to be two options in the form of me and @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy since we are fans of that charming game and probably have a few ideas for a great moveset.

So which one of us should be the successor of the long gone thread owner while this is alive?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Since the thread has been revived and the original OP maker is gone (also incomplete), I was wondering who would be the perfect guy or girl that should take over the thread. Well, there seems to be two options in the form of me and @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy since we are fans of that charming game and probably have a few ideas for a great moveset.

So which one of us should be the successor of the long gone thread owner while this is alive?
Me.

Because I already made the moveset.

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
MONITA
FTilt: A diver (G&W) bows to the side
UTilt: An elephant from AC throws a candy above him.
DTilt: A Hammer Pikmin slams down

Nair: A Luigi Mansion player uses his lamp to shine in a circle.
Fair: A DK Crash Cart crashes into the opponent
Bair: A Rocketship (Metroid) fires three shots.
Uair: A Zelda archer fires an arrow up.
Dair: Balloon Fighter stomps into his opponent

Smash: A Yoshi cart strikes with his tongue
DSmash: A Blue Falcon smashes through.
USmash: The two guards from AC strike together.

NSpecial: A question block falls and reveals a trophy which knocks back opponents.
FSpecial: Monita rides the attraction train.
USpecial: Monita transforms into the Dark Monita UFO for a short time
DSpecial: A panchinko field appears the size of King DeDeDe in front of Monita which drops coins as long as the B button is held.

Final Smash:
Nintendo Land:
The Nintendo Land tower appears and plays the pachinko game, which causes coins to rain down.

Grabs and throws:

FThrow: The train crashes into opponents
BThrow: The wind from Balloon Fight blows the opponents away
UThrow: Kraid comes up and knocks the opponents up.
DThrow: A Question Block smashes into the opponent.

Taunts:
FTaunt: Monita's screen flickers a bit and then returns to normal
UTaunt: Monita points her finger up and talks gibberish.
DTaunt: Monita dances the robot.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Me.

Because I already made the moveset.

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
MONITA
FTilt: A diver (G&W) bows to the side
UTilt: An elephant from AC throws a candy above him.
DTilt: A Hammer Pikmin slams down

Nair: A Luigi Mansion player uses his lamp to shine in a circle.
Fair: A DK Crash Cart crashes into the opponent
Bair: A Rocketship (Metroid) fires three shots.
Uair: A Zelda archer fires an arrow up.
Dair: Balloon Fighter stomps into his opponent

Smash: A Yoshi cart strikes with his tongue
DSmash: A Blue Falcon smashes through.
USmash: The two guards from AC strike together.

NSpecial: A question block falls and reveals a trophy which knocks back opponents.
FSpecial: Monita rides the attraction train.
USpecial: Monita transforms into the Dark Monita UFO for a short time
DSpecial: A panchinko field appears the size of King DeDeDe in front of Monita which drops coins as long as the B button is held.

Final Smash:
Nintendo Land:

Grabs and throws:

FThrow: The train crashes into opponents
BThrow: The wind from Balloon Fight blows the opponents away
UThrow: Kraid comes up and knocks the opponents up.
DThrow: A Question Block smashes into the opponent.

Taunts:
FTaunt: Monita's screen flickers a bit and then returns to normal
UTaunt: Monita points her finger up and talks gibberish.
DTaunt: Monita dances the robot.
Great job, now send a PM to Swampasaur and tell him that this thread is yours. :troll:

While it is nice to support Monita, it would be better if the OP is made into something even better than it is now.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Great job, now send a PM to Swampasaur and tell him that this thread is yours. :troll:

While it is nice to support Monita, it would be better if the OP is made into something even better than it is now.
Or a Question Block falls to the ground, summoning @Swampasaur to this very thread.

If it's not possible to swap owners, I'm just going to make a new thread.

Top Bottom