• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Demo 2.5b Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project M

Shared Account
Hello everyone! We hope you have been enjoying the release of our highly anticipated Demo 2.5. Many users have helped us identify various bugs and oddities that, while minor, we've decided to patch sooner rather than later. We extend our thanks to all of our fellow community members who have stepped up to report these bugs! This patch was designed to improve small oversights while we were preparing for 2.5's release, and it is not meant to be a balance adjustment patch.

Download Project M 2.5b here!

[collapse=Changes Made in Demo 2.5b]
Code:
-Entering an existing name will bring you to the name rather than doing nothing
-Charizard's glide can only be used once per air time
-Diddy Kong has a new victory animation at the end of his rocketbarrel spin one 
-G&W's ledge jump doesn't instantly land on the right edges of certain stages
-Luigi's angled Forward smashes properly match where his hitboxes were placed
-Luigi's Cyclone properly covers his body at the end of the attack
-Pikachu's Neutral air has better sound effects
-Squirtle no longer loses his water gun charge when using Side B jump
-Zero Suit Samus has a new special fall landing animation
-All characters had their dust cloud sizes reduced in size
-Riivolution Bowser freezing issues resolved
-Demo fights on the title screen freeze less
-Stage striking issues addressed
-It takes 9 minutes for the audio to fade instead of 3 in the WiFi set
-Kongo Jungle 64 random issues fixed
-Timer, Starman, and curry are stickers due to still not working properly
[/collapse]
Thank you for all of your support and interest in Project M! We really appreciate all of the positive feedback you guys give us, and we are excited to see the future of Project M flourish.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You owe me money daze, I'll accept Leelue internet pesos too, or peroidic stream shout outs

Dust clouds= only from Wavedashing (Landing Special fall), Aerial landings?

No diddy up-b nerf? I don't want to feel overpowered like Bowser's up-b!

Revven

FrankerZ
Before anyone asks, yes we're still working on the change lists for 2.1 -> 2.5. Please continue to be patient with us! We really just wanted to get this update out, it was really important for us to do so.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I'll be pretty patient for change list as long as I know it's coming. 2.6...b :-)

:phone:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
No diddy up-b nerf? I don't want to feel overpowered like Bowser's up-b!
[00:50] <Eli> Mad} I feel like I need to smack the **** outta you for saying Diddy needs up-b nerf
[00:50] <Eli> electronically
[00:50] <Eli> *smack*
[00:51] <Mad}> I read your post about the range on it needing to be good or else he would suck or something
[00:51] <Eli> oh you mean you read the COLD
[00:51] <Eli> HARD
[00:51] <Eli> TRUTH
[00:51] <Chaos> But Diddy Up B needs a nerf mang
[00:51] <Eli> No, no, no, it does not
[00:51] <Mad}> but we played wifi together and spamming it worked out good
[00:51] <Eli> LOL
[00:52] <Eli> new sig

EXPOSED.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much for changing Pikachu's nair sound (standardtoaster and/or whoever else was involved)! How did you get that sound effect? It's perfect.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see Bowser in Riivolution got fixed, it was a little annoying. Also bye Charizard, the abuse was good while it lasted.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Now I get to go back to Riivolution! Good to see some of that other stuff patched up as well. Though I might miss the big dust clouds.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You also removed 1-player / 1-team matches.
I actually found those useful for quick character tests. (I was going to use one to test Diddy's new victory animation. Lol.)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Huh, a lot of aesthetic changes that seem out of the blue. Good to hear about the Riivolution fixes though (and the other bugs too).

Why was the audio fade changed on the wifi set?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Audio fade was changed on the wifi codeset because it was bothersome to watch replays and have the audio cut out 3minutes into the match, iirc.

edit: blah

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Would it be possible for someone to tell me exactly what folders I should replace? I'm trying to see if I can do this without completely wiping everything on my SD card.....again...

[00:50] <Eli> Mad} I feel like I need to smack the **** outta you for saying Diddy needs up-b nerf
[00:50] <Eli> electronically
[00:50] <Eli> *smack*
[00:51] <Mad}> I read your post about the range on it needing to be good or else he would suck or something
[00:51] <Eli> oh you mean you read the COLD
[00:51] <Eli> HARD
[00:51] <Eli> TRUTH
[00:51] <Chaos> But Diddy Up B needs a nerf mang
[00:51] <Eli> No, no, no, it does not
[00:51] <Eli> LOL
[00:52] <Eli> new sig

EXPOSED.
I never knew you were the type to play on WiFi, Eli..... :smirk:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Would it be possible for someone to tell me exactly what folders I should replace? I'm trying to see if I can do this without completely wiping everything on my SD card.....again...

I never knew you were the type to play on WiFi, Eli..... :smirk:
I think you have to wipe everything, since there's too many changed files. Unless your textures are more than 2 for each character (you'd have to replace multiple texture files instead the fitcharacter.pac and fitmotionect.pac for each character). You also have to change the menu files (for stage striking), and the codes file (RSBE01.gct) in the codes folder; and probably even more.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=15205705&postcount=28
That was referring to Chaos, sadly Eli doesn't do anymore: all I have is these three clips of our electronically sent bonding =(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etlqal1ecx8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zQfq78B7Edw#t=152s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbkyZSbJ57E
He has to come to IL's SCSYN in Feb. to prove himself

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Diddy's up B is pretty crazy.

But then again, that whole character needs tweaks in my opinion. Why PMBR left bananas in will be a question I ponder until death, and beyond should I be given the chance.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Diddy's up B is pretty crazy.

But then again, that whole character needs tweaks in my opinion. Why PMBR left bananas in will be a question I ponder until death, and beyond should I be given the chance.
You do realize how significantly bananas were nerfed from Brawl by not tripping when thrown, right? They're not nearly as potent as they used to be. They're perfectly balanced.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
ur mom always got it on random select

even when she was turned off

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
Nice to see Bowser in Riivolution got fixed, it was a little annoying. Also bye Charizard, the abuse was good while it lasted.
Yea now I can actually play Bowser in teams
As for Zard I was actually trying to fix that myself
(Trying to teach myself how to use Smash Attack PSA, BrawlBox, etc
I've learned some things over time with trail and error like how to import stages correctly and where certain files are supposed to go)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Oh, that's interesting, 'cause I never got it on random, even when it was the only stage left on!

Edit: My problem was fixed too, right?

You do realize how significantly bananas were nerfed from Brawl by not tripping when thrown, right? They're not nearly as potent as they used to be. They're perfectly balanced.
They force tech-chases and they gimp better than they did before. Not to mention, in the short time you have to react to the tech from being hit, missing the tech completely is not hard to do, which is just as bad or worse than tripping. And then there are AGT mechanics... I think Diddy's perfect as is, but I'm not gonna go ahead and say that his banana game isn't as potent as it was in vBrawl. His banana game was only imbalanced in vBrawl because the rest of the non-Top Tier cast sucked.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I think Diddy hits too hard and recovers too well. And a character that fast shouldn't also have the best zoning game. If we're balancing to Fox, okay, he's probably fine - but since that's not the case for the rest of the cast, I think he could use a once-over.

But I'm willing to see how this goes. I could be totally wrong, and that's fine - so long as we get the best game possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom