• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKMN#148 Dragonair Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So for respect of the Dragonite discussion thread, I decided to finally make a support thread for a character in who I would like to see playable. I even included my very own move set made by me.

Dragonair Discussion

Jab: Small jolt of energy shoots from her horn. (This acts just like Ganon’s jab)

Jump: A standard double Jump and a jumps and a glide

[COLLAPSE="“BUT DRAGONAIR HAS NO WINGS! SHE CAN’T FLY!!!”"]

"Dragonair, a Dragon Pokémon. A legendary Pokémon that can make rain or snow fall at its will. It can even fly without wings."
-Pokedex [/COLLAPSE]

Crouch: Coils tightly with her head lowered to the ground.
Crawl: (Very slow slither but is as low as Snake was in Brawl)

Tilts:

Ftilt: swings her tail forward (exactly how Charizard’s fair was)
Dtilt: A small spark of ice appears from her horn. This move has fast cool down and has a small chance of freezing opponent at higher percent to avoid wall locks.
Utilt: Quickly arches her body up and hits you with her back.

Dash: Aqua Jet* (Dives forward with a splashing wave in front of her)

Tilts

Nair: Twister*(curls her body into a full circle and spins around creating a small tornado around her)
Uair: Flips back with her tail hitting the opponent. (Just like Pikachu's uair)
Bair: Quick flip behind where her tail hits you. (knock back similar to Ivysaur’s)
Fair: Thunder Wave *her horn shoots a small electric sphere from her for spacing purposes. (similar to Ness)

Grab

Wrap (obvious)
Pummel: Constrict (squeezes the opponent)

Throws:

Forward: (Spins once and releases the enemy into a toss)
Back: (Tosses them over her head before turning in the direction)
Down: (Slams them against the ground head first)
Up: (Launches them straight over her head)

Smashes

FSmash: Dragon Rush* (Lowers her head before throwing herself forward a short distance. (Little more distance than Wario’s F Smash)
USmash: Her horn glows icy blue as she then scoops her head up and does multiple hits to whoever she has above her head. (basically an controlled ice beam)
DSmash: Dragon tail (slams the ground with her tail. Similar to the Down Smash from P:M’s Wario or Brawl’s Charizard)

Specials:

Neutral: Dragon Pulse (keeping tradition)
Up: (Agility) Straightens her body and shoots out in a direction.
Side: Dragon Breath (Shoots out a short burst of aqua green fire. This ability has high knock back. The damage is low but never becomes stale.)
Down: Dragon Dance (Sways back and forth for a short amount of time giving her more knock back and power on her next Smash attack)

Final Smash:
Draco Meteor (Dragonair’s ultimate ability in Pokemon so I felt this was fair for her to have in this game. Summons a meteor shower that will do damage overtime, (like the rain in Wario Ware) Dragonair also receives movement speed and knock back on all her attacks for the period of time.

Strength: 7/10
Weight: 4/10
Speed: 8/10
Aerial Mobility: 3/10
[COLLAPSE="Additional Notes"]
*I can't see her being very fast in the air so don't expect her to be as floaty as Wario, Puff or Yoshi. But I see her being as fast as C.Falcon and Fox
*Aerials were the toughest to come up with ideas with while still being true to her movepool
*I think it what the Smash roster truly needs is diversity in their roster. A serpent would really be neat and different.
*Even if it seems almost unlikely she will be in the eyes of Nintendo/Sora Ltd., we can still push her for different projects including Smash Flash or Super Smash Bros Crusades[/COLLAPSE]

I hope you enjoy my move set and let me know what you think of Dragonair as a character!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Loooool haha you take the piss..

Ima go Make a ''Dratini for Sm4sh'' thread 1 sec

Also i respect your profile pic nice one Slash xD
:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dragon Rage can't be super effective EVER

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only does 40 damage as well.

I'm gonna wait till the Garchomp and Salamence threads come along now... And what was where those Dragons names in Gen 5? The green thing and the multiheaded thing? Those actually looked pretty good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That dragon is Hydreigon

Interestingly, Hydreigon was originally designed to be a tank, but redesigned to look like a dragon. You can still see some left over parts from it's design as a tank, stuff that looks like tank treads running across his body

D

Deleted member

Dragonair is beautiful. But how will it hold items? How will it hang on to edges? Will it use it's mouth. It lacks arms and legs.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Dragonair is beautiful. But how will it hold items? How will it hang on to edges? Will it use it's mouth. It lacks arms and legs.
That would make for an interesting change. I'm all for non-hominid characters. But if we're going with snakes I vote Steelix. To scale with Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

It has got a tail. Tail would grab items.

As for ledges, logically, it would hang on to them with its head, seeing as it doesn't seem to have a mouth that opens.

I don't support Dragonair at all, but theoretically, a limbess serpentine character can work.

grizby2

Smash Lord
It has got a tail. Tail would grab items.

As for ledges, logically, it would hang on to them with its head, seeing as it doesn't seem to have a mouth that opens.

I don't support Dragonair at all, but theoretically, a limbess serpentine character can work.
someone should make a poll for popular limbless characters. :bee:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Only does 40 damage as well.

I'm gonna wait till the Garchomp and Salamence threads come along now... And what was where those Dragons names in Gen 5? The green thing and the multiheaded thing? Those actually looked pretty good.

The green one is Axew, the fully-evolved Axew is Haxorus, but its more golden than green.
Other one is Hydreigon.

I would actually love Dragonair in smash, so I'll go and freeze hell over now.

And yes guys, I'm back, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom