• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elite Monthly 1

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Melee Doubles:
1: Milkman :foxmelee: / Cyrain :falcomelee: $48
2: Chillin :foxmelee: / Boss :drmario: $12
3: CT Zero :foxmelee: / Bubbaking :samusmelee:
4: Smash GOD :luigimelee: / Redd :foxmelee:
5: Arcadia / Perry
5: Papapaint / RiverTems

Brawl Doubles:
1: CT Zero :metaknight: / Xzax :falco: $30 (4-0)
2: Iota :wario: / Serge :metaknight: (2-2)
3: Eon :metaknight: :snake: / Zion :marth: :lucario: (0-4)

Project Melee Singles:
1: Chillin (Split) :wolf: $84
1: Cyrain (Split) :falco:$28
3: Smash God :luigi2: $14
4: CT Zero :fox: :marth:
5: Milkman :fox: :lucas:
5: Boss :mario2:
7: Iota :wario:
7: Redd :fox:
9: Hot$
9: Xzax :ike:
9: Bubbaking :lucario: :snake:
9: GHNeko :sonic:
13: Dserb :marth:
13: Rivertems

Melee Singles:
1: Cyrain ($102.00) :falcomelee:
2: Redd ($51.00) :foxmelee:
3: Milkman ($14.00) :foxmelee:
4: Chillin :foxmelee:
5: CT Zero :foxmelee:
5: Sypher :foxmelee:
7: Smash God :luigimelee: :foxmelee:
7: EPsilon :peachmelee:
9: Perry
9: Bubbaking :samusmelee:
9: Sunshine!
9: JU4N :falcomelee:
13: Rivertems
13: Dserb :marth:
13: Hot$
13: Arcadia
17: Napolesky

Brawl Singles:
1: CT Zero ($66.00) :metaknight:
2: Xzax ($33.00) :falco:
3: Smash God ($11.00) :metaknight:
4: Iota :wario:
5: naridax :falco:
5: amk :falco: :metaknight:
7: Bubbaking :dedede:
7: eon :sheik: :lucario:
9: kirbyoshi :olimar:
9: 3z :lucario: :wolf:
9: zion :marth:

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Great tourney all. I promise to come better prepared next time lol.

SO MANY FALCOS. I gotta work on that MU.

Btw, AmKho, 3Z also played as Wolf.

Redd = 2nd place! We're such generous riders in carpools, giving Sypher the $0.70 part of the change with change, giving him $0.06 extra
CT Zero = You seemed pretty good at Melee. Wish I money matched you or even met you in bracket
Sypher = Butts. And ty for carpooling
Smash God = I want to money match you
EPsilon = Why are you bad at video games forever?
Bubbaking = The thing I like about Samus is that she isn't fast. I can legitimatel half decently play Zelda vs you
Sunshine! = Good set. Your Marth might have a few tricks
JU4N = No money match? Broken tradition

I'm thinking of dropping the idea of livestreaming. I'm not the type of person to want to have to coordinate players to the main stage or even commentate to talk to the microphone. All I do on youtube is funny random moments of me playing video games

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Awesome tourney! Had a ton of fun.

Shoutouts:
Amhokar--Awesome tournament, great job helping to build up the VA region! Looking forward to more.
Hot $--Fun matches, especially our rounds of PM. Can't believe that one dude drove all the way from Chile.
SmashGOD--As with last time, great luigi dittos (even though it was P:M). Next time we gotta squeeze some more in.
GHNeko--Good seeing you again man, looking forward to playing more often.
Redd--nice meeting you man, you were cool as ****. Thanks for the team friendlies with me and Tems, we had a blast.
Sypherphoenix-- Thanks a ton for the advice on my luigi. Watching the videos afterwards helped me see some of the things you were talking about. Next time I'll play more puff with you :)
Bubbaking--Fun P:M friendlies, shame we didn't get any Melee in! You're chill as ****.
Napoleonski-- You have some damn good fundamentals--way better than mine--so definitely keep it up. GGs!
KORN-- I've never been schooled so hard in my goddamn life than that 4-stock you pulled on my luigi. Thanks for the education!
Cyrain-- Thanks for the advice. Hoping to see you at some more SOVA smashfests.
Sunshine-- Those were some of the most fun games I played all day. If you see this, send me a PM with your phone and I'll hit you up. I'm in norfolk most weekends, so we gotta play more. With less of you falconsuiciding.
Xzax-- cool chatting with you outside! keep up the good play.
Arcadia-- Fun friendlies at the end! Hit up my pal Tems in RVA and he and i will try to come to some smashfests out that way.
DSerb-- Had a lot of fun with your marth man, those were some sweet dittos.
Epsilon-- Like I told you, I love your youtube channel. I know it's a pain in the *** to stream, but I sincerely wanted to thank you for taking the trouble to set it up. Being able to watch myself play was enormously helpful to me, so don't think you're going unappreciated. Looking forward to seeing you more often, and I want to get some friendlies in with you soon too :)

I'm sure I'm missing some people, but that should cover it for now. Some cool people all around!

EDIT: This is Papapaint/Jason, btw

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No Milkman shoutouts???
Shoutouts to Milkman for beating the great CHILLINDUDE829

http://www.twitch.tv/EPsilon933

If anyone wants to see the videos. There are so many friendlies and almost no way to tell what's tournament set and what isn't. I don't think any set of finals or even semi finals was played on the main setup. Twitch auto deletes unsaved videos after a few days

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Shout-outs:
Xzax- It was really fun getting to know you and how you progressed in your Brawl career. You really helped me form a more solid mindset while playing Brawl. It was really fun playing with you even though we did so many Falco dittos =p I feel way more confident in my game now. I’ll definitely meet up with you in a tourney sometime this year ^_^
Zero- I’ve been thinking for a long while and I’ve found that the best way to describe you is an odd teddy bear. There’s really nothing more to it. It was nice to talk to you a bit and play tons of friendlies. I’ve got a strong drive to get better at Brawl and I know I’ll progress a lot by the time I see you again.
Bubbaking- It was really nice getting to know you on the ride over and playing with you the night before the tourney. I hope we can play again in the near future and good luck with all of your endeavours—I know you’ll get to where you have your mind set in everything.
Napolesky – You’re not Napdesky =p Thanks for coming out, it was cool to meet you.
KORN- TP too stronk, Okami B tier =p Thanks for coming out again, I always enjoy hanging out w/ you and watching you play! We need to get some friendlies in next time, I’ve gotten a lot better since last month!
SmashGOD- I’m glad you could make it to this one. It was a really great experience playing you again to see how far I’ve come. You played me when I was just starting into competitive Smash and you played me after I reached a personal milestone in my Brawl game =D Great set and lets practice more!
Sypher- Thanks for all the help with the Melee seeding and brackets. I can tell you put a ton of effort into making tournaments as good as possible for players and I have a lot of respect for that. Also super thanks for carpooling people over and taking Bubbaking home, it saved me a ton of time. I’m looking forward to meeting you again ^_^
Epsilon- Thanks for streaming Melee, it was nice talking to you for a bit. Teach me how to stream so I can get Brawl and PM on it next time =D
GHNeko- I’m glad I got a chance to talk to you a bit even though it wasn’t much. I can tell you’re a really nice guy and I hope to see you at the next ECEs!
Pappapaint- It was nice to meet another W&M player =D Thanks for bringing Jamie and it was extremely generous of you to help River get more tourney matches in.
RiverTems- I’m glad you came back out. You’re like a very nice guy and your Melee is pretty fun to watch ^_^. Tell Ahmed I said hi and be sure to let him know how hype this tourney was =p
Iota- Fun set in tourney and thanks for the friendlies =D I can tell you’re extremely dedicated to the game and I look forward to you improving your already very solid Brawl skill!
Serge- Thanks for coming out to this one. You and Korn have been to all of the tourneys I’ve hosted and in all honesty, I doubt I could have maintained the drive to organize without you guys. You guys have been a big factor in the progression of this whole thing and I hope to keep seeing you at the monthlies! Great friendlies at the tourney and I definitely wanna play with you a lot more so I can work on not getting gimped by those MK chains =p.
Eon- It was nice playing you in tourney again and thanks for all the friendlies.
Zion- Great friendlies, I feel like I learned a lot about my weaker matchups from playing with you. Thanks for all the advice on my bad tendencies vs Marth, It’s really gonna help me cover some of the holes in my gameplay
(D)Serb- Your name didn’t have a D last time, so I’m gonna call you Serb =p I appreciate you coming out and supporting the CenVA community. You keep thanking me for putting work into helping the community grow, but you’re doing just as much by showing up and spreading the word ^_^ It was great seeing you again and I look forward to seeing you improve over the next monthlies =D
3Z- Thanks for coming out to the tournament. I see a lot of potential in your gameplay and I’m confident that if you work on solidifying your knowledge of matchups and your characters that you’ll improve a lot =D Good set in tourney and I hope we can get some friendlies in next time =D
Naridax- I see you all the time and we Brawl all the time, but this tourney definitely shifted the mechanics of our gameplay. I feel like we will improve exponentially if we keep piggybacking off one another’s improvements and really secure our gameplay ^_^
Chillin- Smash has been a huge part of my life since I was very young, but I barely got a taste of competitive smash at the time. I used to spend hours on end trying to emulate your melee play and I spent so much time watching your doubles sets w/ Azen and seeing you take on players like Ken and PC Chris. That’s why it’s so disappointing to me that you chose to split. Regardless of whether or not I voiced my opposition to splitting to you(which I know I did) and regardless of the fact that I didn’t include “No splitting” in the tourney post, I expected you to adhere to a higher standard. It’s common sense to know that splitting is unacceptable in any tournament setting, and despite the fact that it’s somewhat accepted in the Smash community, it’s wrong.
Cyrain- You're extremely talented at PM and Melee and it was a joy seeing such solid play at the tourney. Just as with Chillin, I'm very disappointed with you about the split. It really is disrepectful to the CenVA scene and the ECE events as well as to myself. I put alot of hard work into providing a place where players can improve with the variety of skill and characters played as well as a place for smashers with common interests to hangout and have some fun, and splitting really undermines that.

To Cyrain, Chillin and anyone else involved: Splitting is unacceptable. You may not think it’s a big deal / care, but it hurts the smash communities, especially the newer, more fragile ones and I expect everyone, whether or not you agree with me, to hold to a higher standard.
I’m not going to tell you guys you can’t come to the future events, but if you’re 100% motivated by profit gain to the point of resorting to a split, I ask you to refrain from attending future ECE events.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I don't particularly like splitting, but so long as they played it out in a reasonable manner I think it's OK at a smaller event, especially if the two players came together and were the most skilled.

Regardless, I don't think the players should make it obvious that they're going to split, but I have no idea how they carried it out. Just my two cents =D

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I understand that people have varying opinions on splitting, but I certainly won't allow it at events I coordinate. I'm not here to argue with you guys about whether or not it's right or wrong, but there's a reason it's banned from larger scale tournament settings like any notable sports, LoL, and Starcraft. I believe it's wrong and I won't have it at events I host.

Epsilon- Thanks for streaming Melee, it was nice talking to you for a bit. Teach me how to stream so I can get Brawl and PM on it next time =D
I can do it any time when I return to college. Want me to show you over Skype? Was that other set up we tried to stream your laptop? It's not at all powerful enough to stream anything. Anything newer like a dual core processor is good enough

I understand that people have varying opinions on splitting, but I certainly won't allow it at events I coordinate. I'm not here to argue with you guys about whether or not it's right or wrong, but there's a reason it's banned from larger scale tournament settings like any notable sports, LoL, and Starcraft. I believe it's wrong and I won't have it at events I host.
Being a scrub that doesn't watch people play anymore unless it's close Smash friends and I happen to be right there when it happens, I don't mind it. They played their way into the top spots. Let them casually give up where they want to. I disagree that there's this obligation to play things out to entertain others. People paid their entry fee to compete and possibly win. The other players happened to not win. I know there's also venue fee and traveling as another cost. People want to get what they think they're paying for and they think they want accurate results and a show. There are a lot of other things in a local tournament. I just have this dumb philosophy of not liking to ask of others to do things and letting them do what they want

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I can do it any time when I return to college. Want me to show you over Skype? Was that other set up we tried to stream your laptop? It's not at all powerful enough to stream anything. Anything newer like a dual core processor is good enough.
Skype sounds good. That was actually Naridax's computer, but mine is equally, if not more, outdated ATM. I sold my Primary computer recently and will be buying a capable comp soon ^_^

Skype sounds good. That was actually Naridax's computer, but mine is equally, if not more, outdated ATM. I sold my Primary computer recently and will be buying a capable comp soon ^_^
Remind me when you get it. I'll teach it to you then

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Thanks for hosting the tourney, the ride, and housing Matt and I Ammad!

Shoutouts to everyone, gg's and stuff, and alsoooooooooo, I'm too Brawl 'ified' to play Melee again ;_; you guys got too good, it's sooo different from my 07 metagame </3

It was great to play all of you guys, especially Chillin in Bracket, nice to finally play some of the legends in Melee

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Brawl singles results was as I expected.. lol.

KORN- TP too stronk, Okami B tier =p Thanks for coming out again, I always enjoy hanging out w/ you and watching you play! We need to get some friendlies in next time, I’ve gotten a lot better since last month!
Thanks for that man. :)

I didn't play much friendlies yesterday for some reason lol.. I was playing with Naridax most of the time lol.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
GG's to everyone! :) I had a lot of fun playing everyone especially with so much talent in one place. I'll do my best with the shoutouts, but I only remember the names of those who I played in bracket and lots of friendlies with.

AmKhokar - Thanks for hosting the tournament! I appreciate how well everything was scheduled and ran in a timely manner. I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the end result with the splitting and all, but from what I saw, they didn't give the impression that they weren't trying. I watched most of the doubles GF's and they weren't messing around.
Cyrain - Even though you went all Falco, you had some really entertaining sets both in singles and doubles. Too good!
Redd - Fox too good. I've been working a lot on my Fox matchup, and I realize now that I gotta stay consistent on every stock. If we ever play again in bracket, you best watch out cause this scrub is gonna keep working hard!
Milkman - Cory-senpai! Thanks for driving! This tournament was so kawaii, wouldn't you agree? desu desu. Also, good ****ing **** vs chillin.
Smash God - Even though we only played a few friendlies, I loved getting to see how scary an efficient Luigi can be. He's definitely a character not to underestimate.
EPsilon - Thanks for providing the stream!
Perry - Hi Perry!!!! I won't forget any time soon how close we got in that first doubles match. If I didn't throw away those first couple stocks, we would've won that match. Until next time though!
Bubbaking - Samus in teams is way too OP
JU4N - That god damn Falco! I really need to work on that matchup. Things will be different next time! ;)
Napolesky - Your marth has a lot of potential! Keep applying hard work, study videos, and find some people to play against regularly. You'll be surprised by how much improvement you see :)
Papapaint - I love how fluent your weegee is. Playing vs a marth can be difficult, but it can be done. Also, do you know if Tems is on Smashboards? I can link him to the main RVA smash group on Facebook. Milkman and I play just about every week so having someone else there to play with would be great.

xMilkMan

Smash Cadet
No Milkman shoutouts???
Shoutouts to Milkman for beating the great CHILLINDUDE829
I like how my only shoutout was from a person that wasn't even there >_> (Mike you don't count. Also F U for talking to me like a weeaboo)

I don't particularly like splitting, but so long as they played it out in a reasonable manner I think it's OK at a smaller event, especially if the two players came together and were the most skilled.

Regardless, I don't think the players should make it obvious that they're going to split, but I have no idea how they carried it out. Just my two cents =D
Pretty much the same view on splitting as KrazyKnux... As long as the set is played out properly I don't really mind splitting. The incident at the last ROM is the type of splitting I hate i.e. sandbaggy/non hype GFs. I don't really care what the players do with their money as long as they play the set out seriously, but this is just my personal opinion.

Anyways shoutouts to nobody.

Oh yeah but thanks AmKhokar for hosting. Hopefully this will eventually become a really popular tournament series.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Well, shout-outs to everyone who came, so that us Charlottesvillians can get better.
I know it's kinda far.

See ya next month!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Shout-outs:
Xzax- Nice meeting you in person. You're a pretty cool guy and your Ike is fun to play against.

Zero- You're ****ing hilarious bro. Also, Sonic is best character. Stop hatin.

Bubbaking- Nice to finally meet you. I enjoyed playing against your....wait. No. Both your Snake and ROB were mad annoying lol. 2/10 would not play again. You're cool tho.

SmashGOD- Lol truth be told, I thought you said your name was SmashGuy, and I was playing against a random. I was confused as to why you were as good as you were, but then I learned who you are, so i felt relieved looool. GGs man.

GHNeko- u sux 9th out of 13th stay free u bad player

Pappapaint- We gotta get more matches in! GGs in tourney and keep practicing! We gotta grow man!

Iota- dude. reflex jr. that is all lol.

Chillin- Nice to meet you. Wish I could of played you. >:
Milkman > Chillin. lolololololololol

Cyrain- Nice to see you again. Had fun hanging out at your place. Give me pointers next time. >:

Milkman- Arghhh I wish I could of beaten you in winners. But **** I had the tourney jitters something fierce. >:

hot$- GGs man. Nice to finally meet you. :V Hope to see you in MD next week.

Redd- dat falco. dat failed drop zone. dat everrything. GGs man. Hope to play you again.

Amkhokar- Thank you for hosting this tourney. I was a lot of fun and it was worth the drive (for the most part lolol) Ill try to keep on coming!

Boss- I wish we could of played more friendlies. I was having fun with the Mario ditto at least. <3

To everyone else, good job and hope to see you next time.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Shoutouts:
Chillin: GGs in Project:M. I shoulda stayed Luigi. I just kinda sat there while your Wolf combo video'd my Marth and I was like "I can think of 0 things to do..." too good mang
Cyrain: GGs to you in P:M as well xP next time I'll figure out ways to land that guaranteed misfire and you'll have real reason to be scared ;D
Zero: You're so fun to play against just cuz I can tell you're having fun while you play. That Fox is nasty aggressive, but I had the most fun in our MK dittos. You adapt so quickly so I had to keep changing what I did. Fun stuff
Xzax: Junebug said he'll teach me what to do in the Falco MU cuz I have no idea, so expect a bigger challenge next time ;]
Milkman: Fun sets in pm and melee! Lucas sucks but props for trying him xP
Redd: <3
Bubbaking: There are so few good Samuses these days, props for staying strong. Also you probably figured it out, but Samus is one of my mains in brawl xD
GHNeko: Such fun games in P:M, you know sooo much about that game, thanks for teaching me stuff
EPsilon: I got that Luigi vs. Peach matchup down, brah. We'll MM if you want ;]
JU4N + Carson + Naridax: no shoutouts for you cuz I see you all the time
Papapaint: It always pleases me to see other Luigis. I'll let you know next time I'm around Williamsburg!
Ammad: Thanks for taking it upon yourself to start up a CenVA smash scene and doing such a great job with it, I know I'm not the only one who's grateful

hot$

Smash Ace
Smashgod is a conformist. Ya heard it here.

Also shout outs to anyone I played. I applaud anyone who whooped me. Ima practice till my eyes bleed.
ggs
Thanks for hosting Am, I'll try to make it to
The next one.

:phone:

Top Bottom