• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smiths Station Smash 4 - 1/19/13

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Brawl Doubles:

1: Zinoto's good but he sucks (Player-1 :diddy: and DRN :zerosuitsamus: )
2: Censored by the ASL Regime (Reflex :sheik: and BigLou :snake: :diddy: )
3: Tippered Wafts (Spade :marth: and Dyno :wario: )
4: The Justice Friends (metmetm3t :gw: and Ryker :ike: )

Project M Singles:

1: Reflex :ivysaur: :wario:
2: Player-1 :diddy:
3: Ryker :link2: :marth: :sonic: :mario2: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :sheik: :falco: :squirtle: :dk2: :dedede:
4: M3t :gw:
5: TMOE :pit:
6: LionArmor :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
7: TY (I forget)
8: Blue :squirtle: :dk2:

Brawl Singles:

1: BigLou :snake:
2: Reflex :sheik: :falco: :wario:
3: Player-1 :diddy:
4: DRN :wario: :popo:
5: Spade :marth:
5: LionArmor :fox: :marth:
7: TMOE :fox:
7: Dyno :wario:
9: Ryker :falco:
9: Blue :wolf:
9: TY :falco:
9: M3t :gw:
13: Jay :marth:
13: P5 :pit:

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
reflex plays falco now? i quit.
Janitor, you quit like 3 years ago... Also he plays a ton of people but I think this is one of his first times using Falco in tournament??

Shoutouts:

P-1: Good infinite. Otherwise I would have won the set, imo U_U Regardless, I'ma get you next time. Fun stuff and good seeing you. Stop breaking Diddy/Smash.

Reflex: Metaknight in crews D: Good tournament, and it's always fun at that venue.

Cam: Good seeing you. It's nice that we only had to encounter each other in one stock haha. I still think you should enter more stuff. You have a ton more potential--you're just at a plateau now. Dat Falco.

Ty: Thanks for driving us to the venue, and I will see ya round sometime soon (probably this week). I had a lot of fun and look forward to coaching you as best I can at future smashfests and tournaments. If you ever need my help with something, I've got your back.
-P.S. Project M.

BigLou: I don't even know. I love that FBI shirt haha. Thanks for cleaning out crews with that terribly nasty MK. You are good, dude. Winning tournaments and stuff. I'll do it next time. Also, good friendlies/ggs/etc. Good seeing you.

Blue: I had fun playing you again, and seeing you in general. You're one of the nicest guys I know in the smash community and you do a lot for us. Keep working on that Wolf.

Pops: U suck.
Magnittoc: U suck.
BlindSpot: U suck (doesn't even play smash anymore).
AwakenedM: U suck.
^^Jk but Huntsville, you've got to do better than this.

DRN: Dat Wario?? I can beat Luis maybe 50% of the time....usually I beat warios but yours was just too solid, or you could just read me haha. Any pointers for me (from memory)? I'm surprised you didn't use the APEX2013-winning character but w/e. See you next time.

TMOE: Sorry if you got disappointed with our set...I've been playing for quite a while. I can give you some advice if you'd like once our set is uploaded. You're still fun to talk to. Keep improving.

Dyno: Project M friendlies/teams was too legit haha. I'm gonna play more project M. It was fun teaming with you as well. We could have taken out a couple more teams...but we got to team in the first place! It was too much hype for one tournament.

P5: Good seeing you. I like seeing consistent new(ish) players attending tournaments. You'll get better that way for sure.

Ryker: Hope your birthday was a blast. Beat TMOE next time, yo. Just play Falco, as much as you don't like it hahaha. Project M teams!

M3t: Fun stuff, as always. I am always a LITTLE bit worried seeing you in brackets. Good job taking game 2. Project M teams hahaha.

LionArmor: Your Marth makes me sad. I'm not great at the ditto, but your Fox is reallllly solid as well. Taking 2 stocks from Pika was excellent in crews. That was so much hype! Good seeing you again. Don't miss out on the ihop fun next time....sleeping is for AFTER ihop :p

Jay: I don't remember seeing you there....wtf man?

Overall this tournament was great and I wasn't 100% satisfied with my performance but I feel like I am still improving (even if it's not at a rate I'd like). GGs everyone and I'll see you all in a couple of weeks at SS, right??

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Spade, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'm just not that interested in entering anymore. I understand you have your vision of us playing together and both becoming highly recognized players, both rising to fame for our rapidly improving skills. Unfortunately, I don't have the same goals.

I want to have fun, and tournament matches make things way too serious for my taste. A lot of people I play in tournament seem more focused on proving themselves better than other players rather than playing for the spirit of the competition itself. Everywhere I turn, people rank other people ("He's really good" "He's OK" "He's a scrub"), more than that, players use it as a gauge to determine who they should and should not beat, as if such a thing existed. The PR facilitates that gauging more than anything. If things were different, if people played everyone to the fullest extent of their abilities and didn't worry about ranking each other, then I might be inclined to enter more tournaments. As it stands, I don't like entering a match knowing that I'm going to be judged for it later. That external pressure explains why people john in the first place; they don't want other people to view them as less skilled because they lost a set to someone they "should have" beaten. I understand that these attitudes come with the territory, and I'm not crusading to change it. I simply prefer to play my best in friendlies where I don't feel pressured to join in the one-upsmanship. I'm not condemning it per se; I just don't want to be a part of it anymore because it's exhausting and ruins my tournament experience.

EDIT: Not to mention that saving money will allow me to do more things like offer food for the players like I did at this tournament.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Reflex, do you happen to have the PM bracket image for this or was it round robin? Nevertheless, congratulations on the win!

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
GG's everybody! Especially LionA, that was the match that I felt the most challenged

also if anybody has a match from the crew battle that they want uploaded say so here, otherwise i'm just going to trash it.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
jay played marth and p5 played pit

I really enjoy squirtle and I'll start working on him more and my pm tech skills. I always have fun at a smash tournament and the IHOP fun after is the best. Can't wait for the next one and the ones after...I can feel it Mr. Krabs

@reflex: thanks alot of teach me those melee/PM skills, I'll try to practice it when I can. It is always cool to hang out with you, and when you were commentating your own matches and others it was the best

@BigLou: good stuff for winning, nice to see you at least coming to a few tournaments, hope you attend AUSOM

@Raf: good of you to at least stop by and then bump into you at IHOP lol

@Ty: wish I did some friendlies with you in brawl (good stuff in PM I will say)

@LionArmor: Your fox is so good, But I will get that metagame down sooner or later

@Spade: Always fun to fight against you and that conversation we had was great

@TMOE: good stuff your getting so good, it is kinda scary lol

@M3t: great seeing again, wished you stayed at Auburn so we could hang out more

@ryker: happy birthday dude and man you sure love pm

@jay: good keeping a positive attitude for losing but if you want to get better we can make you better than you were before...you will be more machine than man lol

@auburn crew: REPRESENTING!!!!! It is great so many of you showed up and I hope we get a showing like this at more tournaments and hope we swamp the place at AUSOM

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
GG's everybody! Especially LionA, that was the match that I felt the most challenged

also if anybody has a match from the crew battle that they want uploaded say so here, otherwise i'm just going to trash it.
I would like my match against DRN to be uploaded.

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
Spade, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'm just not that interested in entering anymore. I understand you have your vision of us playing together and both becoming highly recognized players, both rising to fame for our rapidly improving skills. Unfortunately, I don't have the same goals.

I want to have fun, and tournament matches make things way too serious for my taste. A lot of people I play in tournament seem more focused on proving themselves better than other players rather than playing for the spirit of the competition itself. Everywhere I turn, people rank other people ("He's really good" "He's OK" "He's a scrub"), more than that, players use it as a gauge to determine who they should and should not beat, as if such a thing existed. The PR facilitates that gauging more than anything. If things were different, if people played everyone to the fullest extent of their abilities and didn't worry about ranking each other, then I might be inclined to enter more tournaments. As it stands, I don't like entering a match knowing that I'm going to be judged for it later. That external pressure explains why people john in the first place; they don't want other people to view them as less skilled because they lost a set to someone they "should have" beaten. I understand that these attitudes come with the territory, and I'm not crusading to change it. I simply prefer to play my best in friendlies where I don't feel pressured to join in the one-upsmanship. I'm not condemning it per se; I just don't want to be a part of it anymore because it's exhausting and ruins my tournament experience.

EDIT: Not to mention that saving money will allow me to do more things like offer food for the players like I did at this tournament.
Hey Cam, thanks for the food
I think you might have gotten the wrong idea. Whenever I see people say they "should have beaten this-or-that person" they mean "I shouldn't have lost that game," the difference is that they know they did something wrong in the match and are mad at themselves. It usually doesn't have anything to do with the other player. Most players, at least the ones that want to improve, are used to looking at their mistakes and talking about them. Sometimes this can come out as one-upsmanship when its just someone trying to improve.

basically, people have different ways of expressing disappointment. Don't take it to seriously.
Great tournament by the way

lionarmor

Smash Rookie

I would like my matches uploaded,
thanks

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Spade we should team more. Let me practice my wario some and it will turn out better.

Everyone i played pm with: it was really fun, id like to start playing that game more. its quite interesting.

3rd place doubles payout? :(

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hey Cam, thanks for the food
I think you might have gotten the wrong idea. Whenever I see people say they "should have beaten this-or-that person" they mean "I shouldn't have lost that game," the difference is that they know they did something wrong in the match and are mad at themselves. It usually doesn't have anything to do with the other player. Most players, at least the ones that want to improve, are used to looking at their mistakes and talking about them. Sometimes this can come out as one-upsmanship when its just someone trying to improve.

basically, people have different ways of expressing disappointment. Don't take it to seriously.
Great tournament by the way
No, I think it has a lot to do with the other player. People are more upset if they don't beat someone who they consider lower in skill level than if they lose to Reflex. I don't want to take it seriously, which is why I'm getting out of the seriousness and playing more fun matches.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Interesting results, I didn't know Papa Lou still had it in him, nice job!

I will be able to make this next time, and @ Cam: tournaments are high-pressure events, so yeah you already know you can't escape that, and of course people judge based on how you performed/didn't performed. It doesn't really matter though, it's all about how you individually view the results. I think it's better to not care, and to not worry who's better because that can distract you from the match at hand, but that's all an individual thing. Smash players will chat it up aaalll day about who's better, that's a given, lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Nothing spectacular. I think m3t recorded some stuff. I was too busy to set up my own recording setup, as we had difficulty getting much interest in a PM event.

Top Bottom