• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pio-Suma Results [Kantou, Japan] - Jan. 27th

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1st Rain :metaknight:
2nd Abadango :wario: [:olimar: :falco:]
3rd Brood :olimar:
4th Misaka :metaknight:
5th Jill :fox:
5th Kie :peach:
7th DIO :snake:
7th Luminous :rob:
9th Kamemushi :zerosuitsamus:
9th Umeki :peach:
9th daiki :random:
9th El :metaknight:
13th Hazureimu :snake:
13th Otori :metaknight:
13th Yui :fox: :metaknight:
13th Nyanko :dk2:
17th Songon :gw:
17th Shu :snake:
17th Uto :kirby2:
17th Fsann :ness2:
17th SIN :popo: :metaknight:
17th Kuroobi :snake:
17th mofumofudaikon :popo:
17th Nietono :random:

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nietono didn't get last. Kantou tourneys run 48-player brackets after doing pools.

JTsm

Smash Master
Wow, good **** to Kie.

Peachy rep!

Nietono @ 17th... LOL Hope he played olimar.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I've never head of Jill's Fox, and wow @ Shu/Nietono getting 17th! Also Otori @ 13th! & 2 Peaches in top 10, loool.

Maybe the Japanese players don't take tournaments so seriously? Maybe Otori trys to learn, and doesn't mind losing? I mean their tournaments are free, so there is less pressure, and if you place bad, then it doesn't really matter because you are learning...right?

Idk, but it has to explain the variance of tournaments in Japan. If there was money(like @ Apex) then they seem to play better. Everytime I watch Otori play in an Apex video(even in 2012), it seems like he plays amazing in comparison to a Japanese tournament video. Idk, but I think Japanese players sandbag, just a little, but for good reasons which is to truly learn the game.

M2K or Vinnie, could probably explain it better though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fwiw, Otori lost to Misaka and Abadango who got 4th and 2nd respectively.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I think its,just because they knew each other. Tesh covered this already but Otori lost to his teammates for this tourney & apex2013. Now at the rest of the results. WTF....

:sonic:

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think its,just because they knew each other. Tesh covered this already but Otori lost to his teammates for this tourney & apex2013. Now at the rest of the results. WTF....

:sonic:

:phone:
Otori also teamed with Misaka @ SRT and this yeah so his 2 teammates for the past 2 world wide tourneys did beat him.

Top Bottom